Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 16, 2019.

1. VFOURMAX1

VFOURMAX1

I have recently been researching VR gaming on PC and what I have come to realize to run VR with a headset that has a resolution high enough to avoid the looking through a screen door effect and to run the eye candy and graphics at high levels is at the current time frame pushing the top line consumer CPU and GPU for all they are worth and even those are being more than maxed out to what their capabilities are.

We are talking CPU's that cost 500.00 u.s. dollar and GPU cost easily exceeding1000.00 U.S. dollars and this is without any of the new ray tracing technology or dealing with HDR.

After looking at what was available, the cost and requirements for top performance and the actual graphics quality currently offered I have come to the conclusion that VR is not really ready for mainstream usage at a high quality level at a somewhat reasonable cost.

Of course this is my opinion and as a result I have abandoned the idea of pursuing VR for now anyway. The tech needs to be more efficient, better resolutions in the headsets and optimized much better than current applications.

Whether this will ever go mainstream and be affordable who knows.

2. GTV0819

GTV0819

You believe that GT7 would also be launched for the PS4?

courageC60 likes this.
  3. Nielsen

Nielsen

This might be the plan, but I'm sure it will be delayed 1-2 years.

4. o000o

o000o

No, but that Kaz said after a GT is released, he already worked on next GT, in which GTS was released on 2017, long before PS5 was heard.

5. ArR29

ArR29

For all the first party dev of Sony, PD are probably the first one to know what the target spec of their next gen console is.

fikridroid and ProjectF like this.
  6. GTV0819

GTV0819

Who knows? Oh come on. If GT7 will debut for the PS5, then that will be good than enough since the next-gen console is much more powerful than the outgoing one, meaning the game itself will also be more powerful and you already know what that means. More exciting features, etc. Granted that PD will make it thrilling for us players. We still don't know yet but I'm hoping that it won't disappoint us.

queleuleu likes this.
  7. 305Michael305

305Michael305

Is the t300 the best price and worth it wheel for PS4. What’s your opinion how old is it how good. Is it worth it. I don’t want to be stuck with an old model. I know we never know if new stuff is coming but I just don’t want to make a mistake on a good starter wheel and pedal. I’m trading in or selling my Logitech g920 from Xbox one soon. Since I’m switching to PlayStation

8. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

For $80 you can buy a CronusMax Drivehub which will allow your G290 to work perfectly on a PS4. I would recommend you do that before dropping $350+ on a T300. The cheapest T300 has awful pedals, much worse than your G290’s.

9. Cayit

Cayit

I'm guessing IF the PS5 will come (end)2020, GT7 will then come at the end of 2021.

305Michael305 likes this.
  10. 305Michael305

305Michael305

I will look into it but probably just going to take a loss hope to get at lest 150-200 max on eBay. But thanks for the info

11. GTV0819

GTV0819

PD might release a Prologue version before the whole game comes out. As of the moment, there's not yet a single hint about that though..

AgentBlackDog and courageC60 like this.
  12. courageC60

courageC60

I’m guessing 2022 for GT7...

13. Ande3200

Ande3200

I think ps5 will come by the end of next year maybe earlier. Gt7 is possible but would not be total supriced if its released in 2021. Gt sports updates will most likely end next year to get gt7 more ready.

AgentBlackDog and 305Michael305 like this.
  14. GT6mebe

GT6mebe

California is where PS HQ is now

JoueurGT likes this.
  15. Seasidesammy

Seasidesammy

Boycott GT7 and PS5

16. TS050

TS050 Premium

Why? Normally there's a reason to boycott something

SestoScudo, ImaRobot and Aero2000 like this.
  17. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Boycotting a game which isn't even released and it's not even 100% sure that it'll be like the previous ones sure sounds fun.

Where did this reckless idea came from?

18. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Troll better next time.

sirjim73, kub_man, GT6mebe and 2 others like this.
  19. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Why do you want to boycott GT7 and PS5 for ?.

20. Coiler

Coiler

My bet is that PS5 is coming next november maybe with GTS 2.0?

21. gtpierre

gtpierre

Seeing his history, it is most likely due to his frustration that the FIA partnership did not go in the direction he was hoping.

Or he is one of this crazy person with a "logical" reason (aka batcrap crazy non sense) like :

"because israel financed sony to put micro chips in our brains and sionist are trying to make the earth round, and kaz is a lizard person and also secretly a taliban trying to enslave us by making cool games its promoting global warming hoax from the big pharma THC can cure all diseases ive seen it in youtube".
    (disclaimer : it was fun to make this up. If any of this makes sense to you, please see a psychiatrist ASAP)

fastone371 likes this.
  22. MidFieldMaven

MidFieldMaven

If I buy PS5 it will only be for GT7.

MrRaahzeel, perja55, Fabr_123 and 7 others like this.
  23. Auditore

Auditore

Not even going to buy spiderman 2? :lol:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  24. Cayit

Cayit

GTS 2 needs nobody... I want a real GT !

25. o000o

o000o

Racing game fan following non-racing game?

26. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Why not?

Being a racing game fan meant that you like playing and watching racing games.

It is not meant that you only like playing and watching racing games.

27. 305Michael305

305Michael305

I’m buying whatever new or updated gt game now or in the future it’s the best ever in my opinion

28. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Trust me most internet revolutionaries who do this boycott nonsense go out and still buy the products they are boycotting.

Most likely you will buy a PS5 and GT7.

If GT7 actually appeals to me and makes some good strides to being the best racing game while also importing concepts from GT sport especially its online. I think im willing to buy a Ps5 alongside GT7. I just hope my t300 Ferrari GTE gets supported on the PS5.

Im a person who usually buys a console late in its cycle.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    courageC60 and TheNuvolari like this.
  29. fastone371

fastone371

Since GT is the only game I play my console purchases happen to match the release of a new GT. I didnt get my PS4 until Xmas 2017 when I got GTS at the same time. I wont be buying a PS5 until there is a new GT to play in said PS5.

courageC60 likes this.
  30. J.D

J.D

I hope that cars sounds of engines, transmissions would be much improved in the next GT if yes i will buy the new GT but if not and it will all sound similar to GTS i think i won't.

Fabr_123 likes this.