Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

J.D
I hope that cars sounds of engines, transmissions would be much improved in the next GT if yes i will buy the new GT but if not and it will all sound similar to GTS i think i won't.

Many of the manual transmissions sound exactly as they should. As far as engine sounds I suppose that depends on whether you are talking about engine sound from driving the cars or watching a replay. The engine sound while driving a car never sounds the same as when spectating. For me I dont think sound would ever be a big enough reason to not buy a game, it is pretty far down the list of important stuff for me.

The only shred of evidence to back this up is that pic of Kaz and Shuhei Yoshida meeting last week..
Other than that... I cant see that happening unless we get a barebones GT7.
A nice PS5 patch for GT Sport (in line with Mark Cerny's patent to let devs "upgrade" the visuals of Backward Compatible Ps4 games would be nice though.)

I'd like to believe that GT will be a PS5 launch title, but the game has been fairly consistent in delays to its release, so I think it's probably quite unlikely that it will be ready in time.

Personally, I'd much rather get GT7 on PS4 next year right before the PS5's launch. Let PD work on a GT game without the pressure of needing to have it ready for launch.

Polyphony are already pushing the ps4 to its max. It would be pointless to have them waste more time working on the next GT for PS4 and run into the same power constraints when they can just keep updating GTSport, whilst causing them to be late-to-the-party to next gen.

Polyphony didn’t have any pressure for GTS to be a launch title and it still released in a bare bones state, 4 years after PS4 came out. Sometimes, being under pressure and having a deadline is a good thing. They can just keep updating GT PS5 like what they’re doing with GTSport anyway.

Last edited:
There is a new rumor that says again, gran turismo 7 is launch title for ps5 ! :D awesome

Rumors:
5. febuary, presentation of ps5
downward compatible to ps1,ps2,psp and ps4 games.
compatible with all ps4 peripherie hardware, like controllers, wheels and the vr headset.
launch date october
price at launch 500$

Gt7 as launch title and compatible to ps4 hardware. Thats all i need to know. YAAAAAY :)

...if it´s true^^

There is a new rumor that says again, gran turismo 7 is launch title for ps5 ! :D awesome

Rumors:
compatible with all ps4 peripherie hardware, like controllers, wheels and the vr headset.
launch date october
price at launch 500$

Gt7 as launch title and compatible to ps4 hardware. Thats all i need to know. YAAAAAY :)

...if it´s true^^
That would be cool. I doubt They Will made it avaible for ps4 even if its a launch title. I really hope we get it along with ps5 by the end of the year. I will get the pro version in a heartbeat even if it set me back $800-1000 including the game and stuff

J.D
I hope that cars sounds of engines, transmissions would be much improved in the next GT if yes i will buy the new GT but if not and it will all sound similar to GTS i think i won't.

Yet you'll buy Project CARS for using the same transmission sample from the Lister Storm GT2 on every single car... lol ok mate.

We know that PD has a GT version running on some form on a PS5 framework.

We know that GT sport has a lifetime far into 2020.

We also know that having a solid launch library is immensely important to the launch sales.

I think that a enhanced version of GT sport free or DLC based is a valid option.

Rumors:
launch date october
price at launch 500$

...if it´s true^^

This sounds like it's from the same recent reddit rumor that said GT7 has the most employees working on it out of any Sony game and has been in development since 2014, which is false.

Can some of you actually learn to not just post about 'rumours' which infact are just random people making stuff up to get some internet hits for a bit
Well, too bad for you. People will still continue to post here whatever they believe in about the next GT title until it actually comes out.

Well, too bad for you. People will still continue to post here whatever they believe in about the next GT title until it actually comes out.

There's a difference between what people wish to predict is in a future game, and people just flat out talking about completely fake information as if it has any sort of legitimacy. Those latter people, are simply stupid.

There's a difference between what people wish to predict is in a future game, and people just flat out talking about completely fake information as if it has any sort of legitimacy. Those latter people, are simply stupid.
We don’t know much or have got Any details from pd yet, But we do know next game is in progress and its coming, But we don’t know when, its already confirmed it Will be the best of 2 world, past, that is what a proper gt should be like, present, what we have now in gt sport future, vr

But we do know next game is in progress and its coming, But we don’t know when, its already confirmed it Will be the best of 2 world, past, that is what a proper gt should be like, present, what we have now in gt sport future, vr

Provide me with sources that there is an in-development game that will have 'the best of 2 world'. Don't just say it, provide a source.

“I think the next title that we’re going to create will be a combination of the past, present and future – a complete form of Gran Turismo,”
-Kazunori Yamauchi 2019

https://www.gtplanet.net/next-gran-turismo-will-be-a-combination-of-past-present-and-future/

Okay cool, a source for some supposed information!

However that simply does not confirm that there is an in-development game that definitely includes that combination of old and new GT which Ande suggests.

Now, you can use that quote to GUESS that the next instalment, if it exists, may include both a strong online mode and a more classic GT Mode, however you cannot say it for certain.

It does when it comes from the mouth of the CEO of Polyphony, and the creator of Gran Turismo

When we put the question to him about seeing the old tracks return, his answer was:

“I think the possibility is there. I wouldn’t say no.” - Kaz, 2019

Not a single old track has come to GTSport.

Both the quote I just mentioned, and the quote you provided before, include the word 'THINK'. That does not mean 'is definitely happening'

When we put the question to him about seeing the old tracks return, his answer was:

“I think the possibility is there. I wouldn’t say no.” - Kaz, 2019

Not a single old track has come to GTSport.
My point is that if Kaz would be so willing to reveal that information in a recent interview, and considering how PD is one of the closest affiliates of Sony, that means that they are working on the next GT. I will admit I cannot find concrete proof of GT7 being a launch title, but it’s coming sooner rather than later

My point is that if Kaz would be so willing to reveal that information in a recent interview, and considering how PD is one of the closest affiliates of Sony, that means that they are working on the next GT. I will admit I cannot find concrete proof of GT7 being a launch title, but it’s coming sooner rather than later

At least you've actually provided me with link/quote unlike the majority of people in this thread or similar threads or just make their own conclusions out of nothing, or make conclusions based on random people on social media.

At least you've actually provided me with link/quote unlike the majority of people in this thread or similar threads or just make their own conclusions out of nothing, or make conclusions based on random people on social media.
Of course. You can never be too careful when news like this, which is why I always back up claims with something.

Back