Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

If we get GT Sports PD needs to vastly improve track detail, because i expect a lot of those next gen consoles and imo track detail was mostly hold back by HDD speeds, since loading in assets to the ram was slow and the speed of racing games naturally high.
They need to do a lot of things,
Like bringing back
1 upgrade, custom parts and gt auto
2 better offline career mode
3 original tracks from the past.
4 more cars

That which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. The cited source is "Reddit", for crying out loud.

Oh, and the user who posted it says, about eight posts afterwards, that it's an entertaining fake. Otherwise, go nuts, pin your flag to that mast.

you do know that it can go both ways, the other is not more right than the other. And people wants a new gran turismo game as gt sport dosen’t cut it anymore for most people, can’t blame people for having fate that we could get a new gt as launch title, we might not get it at ps5 launch But i we most likely Will get a sneak peak or some kind of a teaser.
Cars dosen’t need to be remaked as They are already ps5 ready and that should save PD some time, i Belive their is a 50%/50% chance

Last edited:
Lol @ PD making a brand new game in 3 years. You'll get a PS5 patch for GTSport and you will like it.

gran-turismo-release-timeline.jpg

Your picture proofs development time did increase over the years. I don't expect GT7 at Launch either, because PD supported GTS for so long and dev time increased significantly.
What do you mean by so long? GT Sport isn't even 5 years old yet.

Your picture proofs development time did increase over the years. I don't expect GT7 at Launch either, because PD supported GTS for so long and dev time increased significantly.
Gts updates slowed down in 2019 more dev time for gt7 or what the next game Will be called, i don’t expect it at ps5 launch But its not out of the window.

No, it only goes one way: that which is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence...

...and the guy who actually posted it said it was a fake. Which leads me right back to my original point of:

giphy.gif

i never said anything regarding reddit, just talked about gt7 might be an launch title. But none of us know that yet until PD reveals it. But i could imagine Sony pushing PD so They can sell more ps5 consoles, i doubt many people Will buy ps5 just for gt sport.But what we do know is that the next game Will be a combined with past, present and future

i never said anything regarding reddit, just talked about gt7 might be an launch title
Rewind there. Look at what I quoted, look at what you quoted:
Rumors around the Sony event (Feb 12th?), so take with a grain of salt:
From Reddit:
giphy.gif
We don’t know that yet.
We do know that, because the guy who posted it in the first place said it was a few posts later - and anything submitted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

If you're talking about something else other than what I quoted and posted about, don't quote me and tell me I'm wrong about whatever's in your head because what I said has nothing to do with that, only the thing I quoted.

Last edited:
on the contrary the development of the games is much easier on ps5 that has been confirmed by several reliable people!
You mix up development friendlier hardware with development in general.

The PS4 already was huge step towards an less complex hw than the ps3. But despite this and the growing teams on an project, studios like ND or PD delivered less games than previous gen.

Naughty Dog had Uncharted 1-3 + TloU on PS3 and Uncharted 4 (+ a big standalone DLC), TLoU Remake, TLoU2 on PS4.

PD had GT5-GT6 on PS3. GTS on PS4.

-> development is taking longer, because games get more complex and thus it gets more time consuming to develop them, despite having better tools and an easier to develop for hardware.

You mix up development friendlier hardware with development in general.

The PS4 already was huge step towards an less complex hw than the ps3. But despite this and the growing teams on an project, studios like ND or PD delivered less games than previous gen.

Naughty Dog had Uncharted 1-3 + TloU on PS3 and Uncharted 4 (+ a big standalone DLC), TLoU Remake, TLoU2 on PS4.

PD had GT5-GT6 on PS3. GTS on PS4.

-> development is taking longer, because games get more complex and thus it gets more time consuming to develop them, despite having better tools and an easier to develop for hardware.
That becouse pd has making the cars in highest quality so high as 8k so they can benefit from even ps5 hardware

In Kies stream earlier tonight, he said that someone he knows with close ties to PD said that the next GT will be out at the end of 2021.

Although it's just he said, she said, i'll take that information on board and enjoy gt sport for as long as we have it.

We know PS5 will be out this year which is great. However, I will go where GT goes. And if it's not an early PS5 title and indeed a launch a year later, then i've just saved myself money .

Plenty of time for me to concentrate on sport mode and improve then. Just need wins, poles and races completed for platinum.

Happy racing all. :cheers:

In Kies stream earlier tonight, he said that someone he knows with close ties to PD said that the next GT will be out at the end of 2021.

he made a video saying that Spa would 99% be coming out in the first 3 months of 2019

But then wasn't it pretty much that any of the PS3 content was basically unusable and had to be totally reworked to work with the PS4 hardware?

If the PS4 game can basically port right into the PS5 system with mainly the only alterations would be to cover the PS5 lighting and performance upgrades the amount of work needed may be much less than is the last system change resulting in in a quicker appearing game on the new system.

Also with the console prices probably increasing (PS5 rumored to be 499.00) then Sony could use all of its big gun titles to promote the new consoles at launch.

Not to mention that the competition is heating up, ACC has great graphics and a good AI, iRACING is introducing its own AI which is also something new competition wise. Also as far as actual online racing is concerned the PS+ subscription requirement sort of offsets the iracing subscription to join. So that sort of washes and yes you have to buy content in iracing but you only buy what you want and the amount of tracks all pretty much which are scanned real world tracks available (North American tracks for sure) is unmatched by any other game on the market.

PD in my opinion would not be wise to rest on past laurels and what they got away with years ago and delay a new game for too long. It could cost them sales in the long run.

But then wasn't it pretty much that any of the PS3 content was basically unusable and had to be totally reworked to work with the PS4 hardware?
I don't think the content as in cars and tracks would have been unusable on PS4. It just wouldn't be up to the quality gamers expect from an PS4 game and PD decided to do them from scratch iirc.

History could repeat itself and if you ask me tracks need to make huge progress next gen or i'll be dissappointed. (Added an gameplay picture of red bull track detail).

I think we'll get an GT game in 2021 or later, because the engine, physics, graphics, AI, ... will need some work and content obviously needs to be created aswell.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20200120_214424.jpg
    PS_Messages_20200120_214424.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
he made a video saying that Spa would 99% be coming out in the first 3 months of 2019

I'm sure in later streams he suppositioned that in his opinion, Spa had been delayed due to licensing issues.

But at the end of the day, i'm not him. I'm happy playing sport and in no rush to jump to a new gt just yet.

Although it's just he said, she said, i'll take that information on board and enjoy gt sport for as long as we have it.

We know PS5 will be out this year which is great. However, I will go where GT goes. And if it's not an early PS5 title and indeed a launch a year later, then i've just saved myself money .

Plenty of time for me to concentrate on sport mode and improve then. Just need wins, poles and races completed for platinum.

Happy racing all. :cheers:
Hey my friend I don't enjoy GTS that much now because the GT League is bland and I don't like Sport Mode Daily races, because of bumper car racing.

We need is a new game from PD to enjoy and the GT League in GTS is so bland, and I hope GT7 will be a launch title with the PS5 release. Both GT Sport & GT7 can work alongside each other because GT7 will have a much better Career Mode to enjoy and GTS players can play online bumper cars.

PD did make a decent step overall with GTS. There is still plenty of room for improvement but considering how rubbish it was I am quite happy with it... Bar the diesels which are still pretty poor!

I just want to hear the amazing Lexus LF-A again.
Diesels are basically non-existent in the game, I believe.

Gran Turismo 7 will 100% be a launch title for the PS5 come December 2020 be ready boys it's coming. There is no way in hell Poly lets Turn 10 come out with Forza 8 and not counter with a game of their own, and we know Turn 10 is already working on Forza 8.. dead give away, be ready December 2020 GT7! It's going to be amazing.

Gran Turismo 7 will 100% be a launch title for the PS5 come December 2020 be ready boys it's coming. There is no way in hell Poly lets Turn 10 come out with Forza 8 and not counter with a game of their own, and we know Turn 10 is already working on Forza 8.. dead give away, be ready December 2020 GT7! It's going to be amazing.

Nope PD has nothing to worry we all know Gt sells more than Forza.

Most likely GT7 will be coming 2021 in my opinion. Launch titles mean GT7 will be rushed.

Back