Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.70 Now Available: Hypercars, New Races, & More

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zenwarrior
  • 874 comments
  • 139,563 views
And a new GOW with a cube instead of Atrius, it seems.
I wouldn't call the SOP disappointing. Plenty of new games shown. Some look fantastic. It's always a subjective matter.
But yes, I was also on the hype train expecting some new GT7 update snippet.
 
Last edited:
I know it's not going to happen.

But it would be an excellent time to include the 2019 DTM BMW M4 with the livery that Alex Zanardi drove in the Fuji dream race.
 
I just watched the Update Preview video again, and the choice of tracks intrigued me. Each car seemed to be paired with a different track where it was the main focal point:
  • BMW @ Interlagos
  • Ferrari @ Monza
  • Porsche @ Spa
  • Peugeot @ Fuji
Perhaps the strangest absence from the trailer though... no Circuit de la Sarthe in any clips.
The update is scheduled to drop on Le Mans race week, so maybe it'll feature in the presumed 2nd trailer. Otherwise, a pretty odd choice by Polyphony not to show the Hypercars racing there.
...Not that they're strangers to "odd choices" lol
 
Last edited:
Perhaps the strangest absence from the trailer though... no Circuit de la Sarthe in any clips.
The update is scheduled to drop on Le Mans race week, so maybe it'll feature in the presumed 2nd trailer.
I also find it VERY suspicious and it pushes my hopes higher.

Happy Mood GIF by Pudgy Penguins
 
Last edited:
I just watched the Update Preview video again, and the choice of tracks intrigued me. Each car seemed to be paired with a different track where it was the main focal point:
  • BMW @ Interlagos
  • Ferrari @ Monza
  • Porsche @ Spa
  • Peugeot @ Fuji
While I can't entirely think of a reason for the Porsche and BMW pairings (No podiums or wins in their respective seasons in those tracks as far as I can tell), The Ferrari and Monza pairing feels pretty obvious. The Peugeot and Fuji one is by far THE most specific if you pay attention to the numberplate and/or are familiar with the race results:

1780507724724.webp


Edit: After some additional digging, the #6 Porsche IS a podium finisher at the 2024 Spa 6 Hours so there is some connective thread there as to what year that car is from.
 
Last edited:
Not gonna lie, the fact Le Mans is strangely absent from the preview trailer makes me think it’ll get a refreshment. Maybe even as a new separate track, despite being the same one. Like they did in GT6 with Sarthe 2005, 2009 and 2013.
 
Last edited:
Not gonna lie, the fact Le Mans is strangely absent from the preview trailer makes me think it’ll get a refreshment. Maybe even as a new separate track, despite being the same one. Like they did in GT6 with Sarthe 2005, 2009 and 2013.
I wonder if a refreshed Le Mans or a day / night cycle for Monza would reset their respective Circuit Experiences.
 
Aren't they basically so spread out so that you only see up to two/three at maximum on screen? Same with that GT Sport mission with 30 cars on the track.
This explains why last time when I dusted out my PS3 to play this mode again, I went to the replay mode and check the other cars on track, but couldn't do it 👀
They used a mechanic similar to a OG GTA Vice City when cars pops up at the distance and disappear as soon as you don't look at them or something like that lol

You certainly know more about these games than I do 😅
 
Never been so hyped for an update before. I even wonder if I'm not going to have a day off at work. Just too bad I won't be home that weekend but hopefuly livery makers will have finished all WEC/IMSA liveries when I'm back :)
I imagine it won't be too much work considering they tend to not change too much other then numberplates (and the occasional color change somewhere for teammates). One bonus with the Porsche and BMW is we (technically) finally have GTPs so the 2023-2025 IMSA seasons are covered.

Brace yourselves for a sea of Banana boats.
 
Last edited:
I imagine it won't be too much work considering they tend to not change too much other then numberplates (and the occasioal color change somewhere for teammates). One bonus with the Porsche and BMW is we (technically) finally have GTPs so the 2023-2025 IMSA seasons are covered.

Brace yourselves for a sea of Banana boats.
Private teams liveries will have to be created from scratch, AF Corse Ferrari (the yellow one) and all privateer 963s (Proton, Jota, JDC Miller).

Plus I'm sure liveries from Alpine, Cadillac, Lamborghini, Genesis or Acura will be made too.
 
Last edited:
It is a bit strange that Cadillac are missing and I would have liked the wingless Peugeot, I know it wasn't that good, but I did like the look of it, as it was different to all the others that looked similar.

View attachment 1540891
Not that good? It was 94 seconds ahead at Le Mans when the safety car came out.
 
Not that good? It was 94 seconds ahead at Le Mans when the safety car came out.
It was only doing good due to the rain and how the BoP was allowing them to deploy their electric power at a lower speed than the other cars, on the front axle.
 
Private teams liveries will have to be created from scratch, AF Corse Ferrari (the yellow one) and all privateer 963s (Proton, Jota, JDC Miller).

Plus I'm sure liveries from Alpine, Cadillac, Lamborghini, Genesis or Acura will be made too.
The 83 from 2024-2026 sure (Assuming the 2023 livery is a selectable one alongside the 50 and 51) but even then, its essentially an inverse recolor of the primary Ferrari AF Corse cars since it technically is a 3rd car of the same team (and an Orlen Logo since that is all Kubica from what I remember) so it again wouldn't be alot of work.

Do agree about the privateer Porsches though, Especially the Hertz team JOTA cars (I forget the closest color there is to that almost matte gold, but that is gonna be an interesting thing to watch people attempt to varying degrees of success).

The Banana boat is gonna be by far the easiest one of the bunch.

1780616220716.webp


1780616263181.webp
 
The only problem with this update is I'm going be disapointed if the next one is not :
Nissan R390 GT1
Porsche 911 GT1 98
BMW V12 LMR
Panoz Esperante GTR1

:)
Ngl this is an amazing choice of cars to be added in the game, if only we could get the R390 and the Porsche 911 GT1 that would be perfect to complete the grid of the already amazing line up we have for this week daily race C.

Me personally, I don't play that much online since i'm not good, but I like to watch competent drivers battling each other on stream, and this week's race produced great battles!

But I also read and heard the penalty system needs to get fixed, to a point people are asking for that to be implemented in the game rather than cars to be added..

To finish, after this amazing (WEC update) i'm excited to see where PD is intending to lead us to.. Quite a lot of race cars (by PD's standard) have been added in the game since 2026 started, I hope they will add more in the next couple of months :D
 
Back