Gran Turismo Gentlemans Cup (GTGC) | FINISHED! (for now...) Thanks to everyone who joined in!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 1,261 comments
A note to new guys...and old guys who may have forgotten.....if you are being lapped stay on your line or get your fanny rearranged....also if you are going to lift...TELL the following driver....and last...the next guy who falls off and causes people to alter their line or lift really ought to be penalized.

We all want to win..oh...and just because you are a lap up....do not expect the driver you are trying to lap to help you...he may be on a different strategy. I took some pix and will post soon. Fun racing last night...what the H happened to the rest of the guys??

What is "lift" if I may ask? I was the mustang in Thursday's race. I tried to stay outside when people passed me but on some corners I got confused on if I should stay outside or inside especially coming up on that tight winding corner.

Ok super important for guys interested in the MoTec i2 Pro software compatibility. Here is what ive found, the Software will allow the online replays to be uploaded in their entirety, but only from the uploaders perspective, so only your cars data is recorded. That being said the software is extremely customizable and useful for nailing down that perfect lap. there are hundreds of features and half the time I don't know what i'm looking at but it seems 10x more robust than GT6s built in data analyser if you want that.

Here are a few pics i took:

This is the main view that the software starts in, i am currently comparing my 2 quickest laps to see the variation between them.
Screenshot (1).png

Here is a more total view of all the information as it is presented, Engine RPM, Gear, Speed, Gforces, And lap overview with a map overlay
Screenshot (3).png

I don't exactly know what this is, but it seems to be some sort of graph that is quantifying my engine rpm through the lap.
Screenshot (4).png

Here is a full view of the map, once again I am comparing my 2 quickest laps seeing where i'm breaking more or less and where I can stay on the power longer.
Screenshot (5).png

I don't have much experience with this stuff, but I want to learn so I can improve my lap times and racing ability.

There are a couple of good tutorials on how to do this out there so just look em up, all you need is the free Motec i2 software (windows only though) and a flash drive.

Ok super important for guys interested in the MoTec i2 Pro software compatibility. Here is what ive found, the Software will allow the online replays to be uploaded in their entirety, but only from the uploaders perspective, so only your cars data is recorded. That being said the software is extremely customizable and useful for nailing down that perfect lap. there are hundreds of features and half the time I don't know what i'm looking at but it seems 10x more robust than GT6s built in data analyser if you want that.

This is the main view that the software starts in, i am currently comparing my 2 quickest laps to see the variation between them.
View attachment 268657

Here is a more total view of all the information as it is presented, Engine RPM, Gear, Speed, Gforces, And lap overview with a map overlay
View attachment 268658

I don't exactly know what this is, but it seems to be some sort of graph that is quantifying my engine rpm through the lap.
View attachment 268659

Here is a full view of the map, once again I am comparing my 2 quickest laps seeing where i'm breaking more or less and where I can stay on the power longer.
View attachment 268660

I don't have much experience with this stuff, but I want to learn so I can improve my lap times and racing ability.

There are a couple of good tutorials on how to do this out there so just look em up, all you need is the free Motec i2 software (windows only though) and a flash drive.

:drool::drool::drool: ...Uhh... Wow! Will have to play around with this at some point...

What is "lift" if I may ask? I was the mustang in Thursday's race. I tried to stay outside when people passed me but on some corners I got confused on if I should stay outside or inside especially coming up on that tight winding corner.
Lift is when you lift off the accelerator to slow down a bit. Please stay on your race line, do not deviate from it. Deviating from your race
line will only lead to an on track incident which we have been extremely well versed in avoiding in past series. Just because someone is faster does not mean you need to grant them fully passing rights. It is the responsibility of the passing driver to make a clean pass with no incidents.

View attachment 268657

View attachment 268658
How do you get this software? ??
View attachment 268659

View attachment 268660

How do you use this software and what do I need to get it?

Last edited:
Ran into some old buddies from GT5 tonight. I have invited them to the club. I do not believe any of them are GTP members but I can vouche for each of these guys being clean competitive racers.

They normally do a bunch of mixed untuned racing and I use to do shuffle with these guys. Please I ask everyone to welcome them into the club and make them feel like family. It will only lead to a packed room and some dam good racing from whatever place each of us are in.

On another note, December 23rd team IOUW Racing will be doing an endurance event mirroring the track Flip runs this week coming up. It is a three hour, 2 class, one make from Honda event. The 2 car choices are the '08 Civic Type R and the '06 S2000. Both premium cars and both needing full aero. I sent out invites for the race which totals 25. I hope some of us Can make it :-)

@miata13B

Ok you need just a normal USB flash drive and the software from here (It is the first option in the list, i2 pro v. 1.1.0.0794, it is 19mb) It is a windows only program though so just a heads up..

Step 1. you need to install MoTec i2 Pro, It will run through a pretty lengthy tutorial video on startup.

Step 2. you will need to insert the USB flash drive into the PS3, from here go into the gallery in the GT6 Game, select the replay and in the options you and it will say "Convert to Motec i2 Pro" or something like that (it will take a bit, took around 20min for the hour long replay)

Step 3. once its on your flashdrive you can take it out and put it into your computer.

Step 4. open up a new workspace in i2 pro and name it whatever, it will save(i think) in it a motec folder somewhere on you computer (its probably wise to know where this is)

Step 5. Once inside your new workspace, under the file menu the option "open log file" will be the first option, click it and find the data on the flashdrive. it should load in and automatically have your fastest lap on the screen.

sorry if this does not actually work, but this is what i did, and im sure if your having problems you can youtube a tutorial or something

Last edited:
@miata13B

Ok you need just a normal USB flash drive and the software from here (It is the first option in the list, i2 pro v. 1.1.0.0794, it is 19mb) It is a windows only program though so just a heads up..

Step 1. you need to install MoTec i2 Pro, It will run through a pretty lengthy tutorial video on startup.

Step 2. you will need to insert the USB flash drive into the PS3, from here go into the gallery in the GT6 Game, select the replay and in the options you and it will say "Convert to Motec i2 Pro" or something like that (it will take a bit, took around 20min for the hour long replay)

Step 3. once its on your flashdrive you can take it out and put it into your computer.

Step 4. open up a new workspace in i2 pro and name it whatever, it will save(i think) in it a motec folder somewhere on you computer (its probably wise to know where this is)

Step 5. Once inside your new workspace, under the file menu the option "open log file" will be the first option, click it and find the data on the flashdrive. it should load in and automatically have your fastest lap on the screen.

sorry if this does not actually work, but this is what i did, and im sure if your having problems you can youtube a tutorial or something
Cool thanks for the info, I am going to try this tonight once I get properly sorted moving my new Lemons Car and my little Accord into my new garage :-).

On another note, December 23rd team IOUW Racing will be doing an endurance event mirroring the track Flip runs this week coming up. It is a three hour, 2 class, one make from Honda event. The 2 car choices are the '08 Civic Type R and the '06 S2000. Both premium cars and both needing full aero. I sent out invites for the race which totals 25. I hope some of us Can make it :-)

Is the race at Silverstone still on as well?

You run Lemons? first time or have you run before?
I have been dreaming of running Lemons and considering there is New Jersey, New York and if they do Connecticut again I can possibly hit 3 of them next year :-). Got a 2001 Kia Sephia :sly: to run it in. Going to yank the engine and drop a Honda D16 in there for reliably making it to the finish. I figure not to be the fastest, just to be out on the track the longest. Plus Hondas take to ebay turbos quite well with a maximum chance of a spectacular failure :-)

Is the race at Silverstone still on as well?

It is still on like Donkey Kong :-). It is going to be a test run to see who can show. If not many show we will be running one of the 2 cars as a group.

I have been dreaming of running Lemons and considering there is New Jersey, New York and if they do Connecticut again I can possibly hit 3 of them next year :-). Got a 2001 Kia Sephia :sly: to run it in. Going to yank the engine and drop a Honda D16 in there for reliably making it to the finish. I figure not to be the fastest, just to be out on the track the longest. Plus Hondas take to ebay turbos quite well with a maximum chance of a spectacular failure :-)

It is still on like Donkey Kong :-). It is going to be a test run to see who can show. If not many show we will be running one of the 2 cars as a group.

I envy you a bit! I've been meaning to get a lemons car (or a chumpcar) up a running for the time they come back to Road America. Im sure i could nab my buddies old junk gen 1 rx7 and drop one of the few 302 fords (fox body guy) lying around on the folks compound into it to make it an earthbound missile, we've got a busted up Fox body that I could potentially make work but its wrecked beyond my ability to fix it.. and its got weeds growing in it now lol.

I just don't have the spare time or man power to get there lol. maybe someday!

I envy you a bit! I've been meaning to get a lemons car (or a chumpcar) up a running for the time they come back to Road America. Im sure i could nab my buddies old junk gen 1 rx7 and drop one of the few 302 fords (fox body guy) lying around on the folks compound into it to make it an earthbound missile, we've got a busted up Fox body that I could potentially make work but its wrecked beyond my ability to fix it.. and its got weeds growing in it now lol.

I just don't have the spare time or man power to get there lol. maybe someday!
Hey once I got the car up and running you are more then welcome to come and race up here. That also goes for everyone in the club here. I can procure a second car (my 92 accord) and set it up for lemons. I would love to hit the track with everyone here.

It would not be a big hit for me on the Accord, I would have to pull my engine out of it so it will not be producing 370 whp but I can put a solid 260 whp from a Honda V6. The Accord is very race prepped minus roll cage.

Here she is in all her glory... or non glory... this is the last time she will have any interior left along with anything else stock KIA... Kia that is.

20141207_222408.jpg

Considering the race is Thursday, any of you guys wanna hop on later and do some practice races?
I need to practice. I did get my car partially tuned as best as my limited experience will get me, so practicing with others would be good. I'm on Pacific time.

I need to practice. I did get my car partially tuned as best as my limited experience will get me, so practicing with others would be good. I'm on Pacific time.
I'll be on around 9 or 10 o'clock central time I think that's around 7 or 8 pacific

I'll be on around 9 or 10 o'clock central time I think that's around 7 or 8 pacific
I got a 2 hour endurance I invited everyone to tonight I am running from 10pm to 1am est. It is a kick back and you may just want to bring out that old rusty Miata Roadster ;-)

I got a 2 hour endurance I invited everyone to tonight I am running from 10pm to 1am est. It is a kick back and you may just want to bring out that old rusty Miata Roadster ;-)
That rusty miata has 2300 miles on it.. and that is tempting on the enduro. Hmm may have to bring the old shiner out lol but I'll have to see, I've got work in the morning.

I might have to push the race back to 10:30pm to 11pm which still ends it around 1 am est. Just throwing a heads up. Going to readjust the club settings for this. Weather will also be a factor.

Is this a different race, or the Silverstone race? I thought that was next week's.

Is this a different race, or the Silverstone race? I thought that was next week's.
It is the Silverstone race. It is still looking for a solid 11pm kick off so time is looking good. If anyone is online now let them know. I hope to field both cars, but we may need to make an on track decision if we do not have a full field turn out.

Silverstone is a test run right now. I need to find a second person to help run the endurance league once holidays are over to set us up to run a strong field at Lemans.

It is the Silverstone race. It is still looking for a solid 11pm kick off so time is looking good. If anyone is online now let them know. I hope to field both cars, but we may need to make an on track decision if we do not have a full field turn out.

Silverstone is a test run right now. I need to find a second person to help run the endurance league once holidays are over to set us up to run a strong field at Lemans.

I'll be there, but I may be a little later than 11. I'll keep you posted.

45 minutes from now is a definite to be online. 1 hour and 15 minutes is when we will kick off the race. See everyone online.

Back