Gran Turismo - Open World Freeroam? (Read OP)

Would you like an added free-roam mode in the Gran Turismo series?

• Yes

Votes: 1,107 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 268 19.5%

• Total voters
They haven't even removed those invisible walls and tapes working as cement blocks and yet they are talking about free roam? That's something that I can't understand.

They haven't even removed those invisible walls and tapes working as cement blocks and yet they are talking about free roam? That's something that I can't understand.

Yes, I was surprised in GT5P, when the tape / fence at the side of the road prevented me from plunging into an Alpine gorge...

Thought Eiger Nordwand course would have been fixed in this respect.

I have no idea what went through Kaz's mind when he mentioned this the other day. I think it belongs in TDU, GTA and NFSU. Not in a racing sim.

I would hate if it was included...

Last edited:
Yes if they made a new game like TDU and transferred premiums & made GT5 graphics and added more premiums.

walking about in a generic idlsnd would be cool as well, but this just cannot fit onto GT5.

I think some of you are missing the point. Noone is suggesting the removal of racing. Noone is suggesting you be forced to wander around in free roam. I think what we all would enjoy would be the OPTION to drive our cars off track from time to time. The OPTION. I have always dreamed of a gt quality driving sim with that feature. If freeroam was added to this game in the future I for one would be ecstatic. I would happily pay for it as DLC. You haters can disagree if you like but I think it would add so much to the experience. Just imagine having the freedom to just cruise down a country road. Maybe turn left into a small village. Or pull over near a scenic viewpoint and snap a few photos... Heaven!

I think some of you are missing the point

Nope - the point isn't about whether it's a nice to have or not - it's a question of the development time and PS3 hardware resources devoted to a non-core feature.

You haters can disagree if you like

Nothing to do with haters / lovers. As above, other things to get right first...

Just imagine having the freedom to just cruise down a country road. Maybe turn left into a small village. Or pull over near a scenic viewpoint and snap a few photos

... and exactly how much development time is that going to take!!!

You're talking about a huge 3D environment.

Didn't read the whole thread, but the faster and cheaper way to accomplish this out of GT5 is Live For Speed, there are some "cruising" servers out there...

I think some of you are missing the point. Noone is suggesting the removal of racing. Noone is suggesting you be forced to wander around in free roam. I think what we all would enjoy would be the OPTION to drive our cars off track from time to time. The OPTION. I have always dreamed of a gt quality driving sim with that feature. If freeroam was added to this game in the future I for one would be ecstatic. I would happily pay for it as DLC. You haters can disagree if you like but I think it would add so much to the experience. Just imagine having the freedom to just cruise down a country road. Maybe turn left into a small village. Or pull over near a scenic viewpoint and snap a few photos... Heaven!
Did you read my post? Just because it doesn't 100% agree with yours doesn't mean I'm hating.

As I said, if they carried the 200+ premiums over and made a coule more, put a generic island and city in, working indicators, wipers ect. it would be cool. However, it would have to come in a different disk/game because it is too big to fit into GT5.

If they included dirt, snow and some generic GT5 tracks, that'll be cool too.
As DLC though, I'd love to see more premiums and tracks.
This TDU almost game can move PD up a notch, but again I reiterate
IT'LL HAVE TO BE A DIFFERENT GAME.

Only if they fix the AI first....Ill end up shunting an AI car in the rear end when it brakes for no reason. Ill get a massive Insurance claim against me and Ill have to spend the rest of my time in GT5 driving round in that 58 Subaru.

No. This is Gran Turismo not Burnout Paradise.

Their time would be better spent firstly fixing any bugs, secondly getting all cars to premium standard and then adding more to the game, such as more makes and models of cars (and not just variations of a model a la Nissan GT-R) and more forms of racing and race tracks.

Free roam so we could go look at the 2D people and the XY-trees? I mean, what's the point?

Concentrate on useful patching before introducing more buggy features.

Kaz should make it a habit to come to GTP and check out the Rant threads for ideas to work on... Free Roam can wait...

Did you ever see that episode of The Simpsons where Homer is allowed to create a car? Sometimes letting the customer decide the direction is not always a good thing.

Bugs maybe, features not so much....

Absolutely not! They still have to update the standard cars to premium, implement weather & time of day fully into the game, integrate a full season of NASCAR & WRC, and a whole slew of others that are more important.

And these are just expanding on the features they said the game would have...Apply these across the board & then they can talk about adding more.

I’d actually wouldn’t mind having a garage that I could freely roam. I like to be able to see all my cars next to each other.

Free roam should definatley be on the to-do list, right after translating the copyright disclaimer into eskimo.

Seriously.. of all the things GT needs to get right as it is now! and you guys want to add more stuff to be massively underwhelming and resource hungry? I don't even see the benefit?

Back