Gran Turismo Sport 1.11 Update Now Available

• Thread starter wicken
  • 946 comments
It'll be the day I get the 330 P4 in daily reward, saw the XJ13 in one of the cars spinning in the daily gift the other day too but didn't win that.

I certainly will continue to provide those threads here if the TTs & A-spec races show up in GT Sport once they shut down the GT6 servers. 👍
Sadly no Time Trials as we know them at present however they do have Qualifying Races before every race in the Daily Races, which are the only ones I do.
One person sent me a invite to a site he has started for these races to record the Top 100 times, which requires a video (replay) of the race, which is about as close as it gets at present.
71 this year, can't wait too much longer mate. :)

Won this little beauty tonight :cheers:

Good job because I'm rubbish at saving up things

For the guys receiving the classic 20mil race cars I’m curious what cars you use the most or have purchased recently. I primarily use the older non-race cars and always receive a VGT or some other car I wouldn’t even consider using until I’ve driven nearly everything else.

Last few cars I got were VGTs and the Raptor pickup. Yeah. Last decent car got where I said ‘cool’ was a month ago when I got the R32. But it’s not like the R32 is something expensive to buy...

Last edited:
I had 1800 driving h

For the guys receiving the classic 20mil race cars I’m curious what cars you use the most or have purchased recently. I primarily use the older non-race cars and always receive a VGT or some other car I wouldn’t even consider using until I’ve driven nearly everything else.

Last few cars I got were VGTs and the Raptor pickup. Yeah. Last decent car got where I said ‘cool’ was a month ago when I got the R32. But it’s not like the R32 is something expensive to buy...
It's completely random...

Yea I used the countach I won the day before to do a amateur clubmans cup race, before that it was the lake maggiore Japanese race in the supra.

No secret trickery and I've had my fair share of duplicates.

Not sure if this was part of the update or not

27164404_10212105395178860_7508057144511975155_o.jpg

27500366_10212105399258962_8891141951950888017_o.jpg

27173189_10212105399458967_4714038785772648858_o.jpg

27503340_10212105399538969_7837191942117515823_o.jpg

27356062_10212105400178985_6055320958832339665_o.jpg

Won this little beauty tonight :cheers:

Good job because I'm rubbish at saving up things

I'm so glad to see these $20M classics are available as prize cars... sooner or later will win them!
Not only does it take time to save up $20m but that is also the CREDIT LIMIT! W-T.F Anyone else think this is complete rubbish? These uber-pricey cars should cost less than the limit, or the credit limit should be a bit more. Because maximum to zero in one swoop... suddenly broke! Is this supposed to increase the satisfaction / excitement of the transaction? PFFT

I'm so glad to see these $20M classics are available as prize cars... sooner or later will win them!
Not only does it take time to save up $20m but that is also the CREDIT LIMIT! W-T.F Anyone else think this is complete rubbish? These uber-pricey cars should cost less than the limit, or the credit limit should be a bit more. Because maximum to zero in one swoop... suddenly broke! Is this supposed to increase the satisfaction / excitement of the transaction? PFFT

The worst part is these cars aren't even going for $20M on the open market. I believe the last 330 P4 sold at auction went for around $7 million.

Me too. I've been steadily hoarding my credits until yesterday when I cashed in for the Ferrari 330 P4. It was a long journey with a joyful arrival. Now I start saving while hoping for the Jaguar!

That said, I agree about the limit to owned number of credits. That's an unnecessary restriction. It should be at least high enough to avoid sacrificing earnings in the event which pushes the bank account to, or over, the 20 million threshold.

I'm also not a fan of these cars being Group X. That places unnecessary restrictions on their use which would be alleviated by them living in the Nxxx world. I want to enter them in GT League and Custom races

The Ferrari race at Monza is getting on my nerves. I have yet to win the race, even though I can be in 2nd by lap 2, 3 at the latest, with either the F40 100 under the limit, or the 458 at the limit. That old ass race car has acceleration that defies physics, and even when he runs off into the sand, it doesn't slow him down. He just pulls away on the last two straights, with me having no chance of catching.

Rabbit on steroids.

Am I the only one who got pissed of and confused by this update?
In December they announced that the game would get more difficult and suddenly they unify the fuel tank and the consumption rate of the cars...
I was hoping they would release the configurations (setup) of the cars in the sport mode. Sad

Am I the only one who got pissed of and confused by this update?
In December they announced that the game would get more difficult and suddenly they unify the fuel tank and the consumption rate of the cars...
I was hoping they would release the configurations (setup) of the cars in the sport mode. Sad
Why does that not make sense within BoP races?

Otherwise everyone would use the same car

Why does that not make sense within BoP races?

Otherwise everyone would use the same car

I understand the motivations, but in real life the FIA basically regulates the weight and power of the cars (power ratio), the strategy is in charge of the drivers and the builders, so we could regulate the same cars for different tracks, so are the races, I found a lot simpler, they could let players choose the tire and the amount of fuel at the start of the race to make them more challenging and more unpredictable, I was expecting more of this game, ie I wanted the slogan "the real driving simulator" to be more than it claims to be and less a mockery.

I understand the motivations, but in real life the FIA basically regulates the weight and power of the cars (power ratio), the strategy is in charge of the drivers and the builders, so we could regulate the same cars for different tracks, so are the races, I found a lot simpler, they could let players choose the tire and the amount of fuel at the start of the race to make them more challenging and more unpredictable, I was expecting more of this game, ie I wanted the slogan "the real driving simulator" to be more than it claims to be and less a mockery.

I understand your point, but not everyone is a professional racer... they will just copy the car that the others use and you end up just having one-make races (which is what everyone on here has been complaining about)

I'll not say the sound in GTS is perfect, but you can't rely on these videos for comparison, they use terrible mics that distort a lot at high db's, which is why they seem so aggressive sounding.

Sounds cool, but it's not, like, real.

That may be, but still, there's a huge difference in engine noise volume between flooring the throttle at high RPMs and coasting in real cars. I also feel that there's still some room for improvement there in GTS.

That said, sound in general is a big step forward in GTS compared to previous GT titles, I'm enjoying it a lot. :)

MMX
The Ferrari race at Monza is getting on my nerves. I have yet to win the race, even though I can be in 2nd by lap 2, 3 at the latest, with either the F40 100 under the limit, or the 458 at the limit. That old ass race car has acceleration that defies physics, and even when he runs off into the sand, it doesn't slow him down. He just pulls away on the last two straights, with me having no chance of catching.
Rabbit on steroids.

I have not looked at the stats of the Ferrari and Jaguar vintage race cars, but I do know that race cars of that era were very lightweight. This helps handling, braking, acceleration, tire wear... everything. I bet the F40 is several hundred pounds over the 330P4, even with modifications. Also I have noticed that the fastest AI car will often come on strong during the last few laps. This happens consistently and I first noticed it during the original 30-Lap Maggiore endurance race (Porsche required).

In real life you cannot change the car every race to the one that suits the track best. That‘s the main problem with BOP at the daily races, people just use the car that is the best for the track‘s layout. The FIA Manufacturer races do a good job with this as you can‘t change your car mid season and have to stick with a car that might be good on one track but terrible on another.
For daily races it‘d need a BoP-per-track design, which is a whole lot of more development and research job and another easy opportunity for crewing the BoP up.

Latest Posts

Back