Gran Turismo Sport 1.11 Update Now Available

• Thread starter wicken
  • 946 comments
I have won the Jaguar XJ13 today and i'm happy i bought the Ferrari first :bowdown::cheers:

DU7X4vkXkAAYoos.jpg large.jpg

In real life you cannot change the car every race to the one that suits the track best. That‘s the main problem with BOP at the daily races, people just use the car that is the best for the track‘s layout. The FIA Manufacturer races do a good job with this as you can‘t change your car mid season and have to stick with a car that might be good on one track but terrible on another.
For daily races it‘d need a BoP-per-track design, which is a whole lot of more development and research job and another easy opportunity for crewing the BoP up.

yes, it would be a good option as well, but as you well said, more complicated to deploy, anyway, PD seems not interested in more realism for the game, all this intrusion and her craze to level players on a level low, ends up driving away the more experienced players who end up migrating to other games, which is a shame, as it turns into a mass game for casual "a la" Forza.

I have not looked at the stats of the Ferrari and Jaguar vintage race cars, but I do know that race cars of that era were very lightweight. This helps handling, braking, acceleration, tire wear... everything. I bet the F40 is several hundred pounds over the 330P4, even with modifications. Also I have noticed that the fastest AI car will often come on strong during the last few laps. This happens consistently and I first noticed it during the original 30-Lap Maggiore endurance race (Porsche required).

The problem is, the car behaves unrealisticly, depending on how fast you are. Just for the hell of it, I ran the race last night in the Gr4 Ferrari, with max upgrades, and even then, I just barely won the race, with the 330 finishing .2xx behind me.

In the production 458, bone stock, I ran 1:57 - 1:58 laps, in the Gr4 I was running 1:54, with one 1:53.2. The quick time for the race was held by the 330 at 1:52.3.

Seeing as he gets faster as you get faster, I'd be curious to see how fast he can get. Unfortunately, I've reached my limit. :lol:

MMX
The problem is, the car behaves unrealisticly, depending on how fast you are. Just for the hell of it, I ran the race last night in the Gr4 Ferrari, with max upgrades, and even then, I just barely won the race, with the 330 finishing .2xx behind me.

In the production 458, bone stock, I ran 1:57 - 1:58 laps, in the Gr4 I was running 1:54, with one 1:53.2. The quick time for the race was held by the 330 at 1:52.3.

Seeing as he gets faster as you get faster, I'd be curious to see how fast he can get. Unfortunately, I've reached my limit. :lol:
Yea I had to use the Gr.3 458 to beat this one! Was almost a clean race too until the 330 brake checked me into the first chicane on the final lap! I had the last laugh as he seemed to get stuck on one of the barriers and ended up finishing 5th!

The rally mode is a dream come true in GT Sport. I love it so much! Now it feels like you're not on ice anymore, which earns PD yet, another big plus for that!
I wouldn't go that far personally.

Rally in GTS is now not the mess it was, but it's still one of the most basic interpretations around, with rather basic physics. Even if they fix that side, the stages still have no idea what they want to be. Far too wide to be a point to point stage, too wide for rally cross and missing jokers for rally cross.

Hats off to them for fixing it, but it still feels like a waste of resource.

I wouldn't go that far personally.

Rally in GTS is now not the mess it was, but it's still one of the most basic interpretations around, with rather basic physics. Even if they fix that side, the stages still have no idea what they want to be. Far too wide to be a point to point stage, too wide for rally cross and missing jokers for rally cross.

Hats off to them for fixing it, but it still feels like a waste of resource.
True, but I wouldn't go as far to say it's waste of resource either. At least they're making progress, right? :)

So far it feels right to me unlike in the beta, and I can't wait to try it again!

Last edited:
I disagree, there is many ways to earn credits in GT S and this is one way:

View attachment 709290

after 12 min in Premium Sports Lounge - Blue Moon Bay with the Ferrari F40, i haven't tried the Porsche Cup Endurance, but you can earn more than 400.000 with clean race bonus 50% and there is more ways to earn credits without using glitches and grinding for credits has always been a big part in GT.

I was afraid of this, but i had a feeling they would cost 20 mill each, but i'm not surprised, GT has always been about grinding for credits to buy cars, right now i'm happy PD didn't include the Ford Ford Mark IV or else i had to grind even more :lol:.

That's the thing. I've been playing GT Sport the way I wanted to play it, and not strictly for credits.

Now, to buy these 20 million credit cars, I'll have to change that. I only hope it doesn't ruin the game for me.

Hopefully I get them both as daily bonus gifts

The BoP changes should be an early april joke i guess... worst changes they could possible make only because of there stupid fixed setup crap!

RiP Porsche ffs

They had one thing to do, to nerf the M6 Torquish Topspeed.. but now lets only nerf the Porsch aaand yes the R8, its too fast..wrf. PD ... i have no words for that BoP change... it looks like they have no clue what they are doing...

And group 4 is still as unbalanced as ever. Maybe less megane domination but still too many cars that lag way too far behind the pack. Other than brands Indy, the alfa 4c is completely useless. Which sucks because the GR 3 version is by far my favorite car in that class

I have to say, this update got me back to playing GT Sport (was playing Warframe non-stop before). And I'm thoroughly enjoying the new cars, especially the Supra, Diablo, Viper and 330 P4 (the last of which I got as a Daily Workout reward :sly:). Except for the Ford GT, they are definitely getting better with the sound mixing for the cars. The Supra feels very punchy, and the Viper, along with driving it using Chase Cam, gave me GT2 nostalgia. As for the 330 P4, yeah I need to turn down the volume a couple notches every time I bring it out, because it's loud. In a good way.

And that got me thinking; what if PD already has cars all set up and ready to be delivered in future updates, but they're just holding back because they're fine-tuning the audio for them? Can you just imagine cars like the Lexus LFA coming over to the game and PD nailing their sounds? :drool: I. Am. Hyped.

I have to say, this update got me back to playing GT Sport (was playing Warframe non-stop before). And I'm thoroughly enjoying the new cars, especially the Supra, Diablo, Viper and 330 P4 (the last of which I got as a Daily Workout reward :sly:). Except for the Ford GT, they are definitely getting better with the sound mixing for the cars. The Supra feels very punchy, and the Viper, along with driving it using Chase Cam, gave me GT2 nostalgia. As for the 330 P4, yeah I need to turn down the volume a couple notches every time I bring it out, because it's loud. In a good way.

And that got me thinking; what if PD already has cars all set up and ready to be delivered in future updates, but they're just holding back because they're fine-tuning the audio for them? Can you just imagine cars like the Lexus LFA coming over to the game and PD nailing their sounds? :drool: I. Am. Hyped.

Well they definitely have a lot of cars lined up. The licensing has to be settled at least 6 months in advance so I'm sure they have a bunch of cars being worked on.

I've been super impressed with the sounds in GT Sport. Sure, they may not be as raw as a real car, and a little too "perfect", but there's something about it that is music to my ears. I know they're not always the most accurate but to me they're the most enjoyable out of any racing game I've played.

Also the fact that we can now manually adjust how much transmission sound we hear helps a lot too.

Kaz is into music so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he had some natural harmonics being pushed as part of the sounds of these cars just to make them sound sweeter.

Back