Gran Turismo Sport 1.11 Update Now Available

• Thread starter wicken
  • 946 comments
Thanks for clarifying, that makes a lot more sense
And i change my post from no that's wrong, to yes that's true :lol:, because it was just that ;).
I wouldn't mind it taking a while if there was actually something interesting to do to get a decent amount of money
Well the 20 mill cars is kinda worth it, but since it is Gr.X cars, in custom race, you can only race one-make which mean if you buy the Jaguar XJ13, you will be racing agains other Jaguar's only, that was a big disappointment, at least for me :(.

Last edited:
And i change my post from no that's wrong, to yes that's true :lol:, because it was just that ;).

Well the 20 mill cars is kinda worth it, but since it is Gr.X cars, in custom race, you can only race one-make which mean if you buy the Jaguar XJ13, you will be racing agains other Jaguar's only, that was a big disappointment, at least for me :(.
Actually, if you do a single race in the XJ13, it will put you against 330 P4s as well.

Well, just went to go check out all this new content...to find out PSN is down and GT Sport is basically unplayable anyway. 🤬

Guess they didn't patch out the always-online elements, did they? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Actually, if you do a single race in the XJ13, it will put you against 330 P4s as well.
Ah thanks, that i did not know, this made the 20 mill cars more worth than just kinda worth :lol: and i have to rethink about buying the Jaguar XJ13 once again :).

Edit.

But is it VGT cars there as well? Or just Jaguar and Ferrari?

Last edited:
Complaining about the 20 million impossible to buy is proved otherwise. 10 hours of oval does the trick which seems reasonable. Most of us do not need to have the car. For the ones that must, driving each day 1 hour and within 2 weeks you have the car. Seems not so bad after all. Or just one sunday.

That you may hate it, is the same as that you must own the car. Its a choice.

It's amusing how people are upset at the 20 mil cars.

1. What did you expect?

The 2 most expensive cars in the game (to be) put in a "class" where they are effectively relegated to one make races and photomode.

That’s completely what I expected.

EDIT: Updated the second quote for clarity

Last edited:
...as I said, those two old LMP or whatever cars should be in class of it's own, or at least if PD would give us more options in room creation, where you could set what cars by names can be used (not stupid N rating, or that imaginary Gr rating). Also would like to see a bit more accuracy regarding gearboxes, Lambo Diablo GT had more variations of Final Gear Drive, we got in game (same as in GT6) the shortest one... lol

Complaining about the 20 million impossible to buy is proved otherwise. 10 hours of oval does the trick which seems reasonable. Most of us do not need to have the car. For the ones that must, driving each day 1 hour and within 2 weeks you have the car. Seems not so bad after all. Or just one sunday.

That you may hate it, is the same as that you must own the car. Its a choice.

It's incredibly poor game design, that's why people complain about it. Games are meant to be fun and you shouldn't have to grind incredibly boring events just to unlock content in a reasonable time. 10 hours of fun gameplay is reasonable, 10 hours on an oval vs AI in the same car is not.

It's incredibly poor game design, that's why people complain about it. Games are meant to be fun and you shouldn't have to grind incredibly boring events just to unlock content in a reasonable time. 10 hours of fun gameplay is reasonable, 10 hours on an oval vs AI in the same car is not.

Not just grinding for that long for content, but content that isn't really even usable in-game? Doesn't seem much point in grinding that many hours worth of game time for a car you can only use in a very specific set of races.

J.D
Sooner or late most of us will get this Jag as a daily prize car.

That's about the only way I'm ever going to get the cars really, at least through playing the game for fun and doing the parts I enjoy. Since release I've only earned 13 million credits with probably about 200 hours play time and having driven 25,000km. So because of how I play the game it is apparently reasonable for me to have to spend over 300 hours just to unlock 1 car. :lol:

Not just grinding for that long for content, but content that isn't really even usable in-game? Doesn't seem much point in grinding that many hours worth of game time for a car you can only use in a very specific set of races.
I think i will wait with buying the Jaguar XJ13 and see if PD adds a Historic Race Car Cup event in GT League, i'm hoping for that in the next update.

J.D

Which brings me to the question ‘what is the point of buying any car’ other than you’ve got an itch where you’ve gotta have it before possibly getting it for free. Cars don’t retain any wear or tear and leveling them doesn’t permanently change their dynamics, so having more than one of anything is pointless. To me this is strange game design.

Which brings me to the question ‘what is the point of buying any car’ other than you’ve got an itch where you’ve gotta have it before possibly getting it for free. Cars don’t retain any wear or tear and leveling them doesn’t permanently change their dynamics, so having more than one of anything is pointless. To me this is strange game design.
Getting cars for completing various races the best cars for championships was the best way

I’m really puzzled about the desire to make goals more achievable.

Nobody is compelling anybody to drive on the oval. Nobody is compelling anybody to "grind" and perform races they don’t enjoy.

Doing what is fun will eventually reach a goal and there will be a sense of achievement when it is reached.

By the way, are you good with these Level 3 achievement requirements, or should the bars be lowered for you in these as well?

Value of cars purchased (50 million)
Prize money (50 million, which easily pays for the two 20 mill cars)
Mileage points earned (100k)
Mileage points used (100K)
Days logged on (180)

and so on for…

Consecutive accident free races in Sport Mode
Number of photo likes
Number of livery likes

https://www.gtplanet.net/need-leg-gt-sport-let-achievements-work/

And what about achieving all those GTS “Trophies”. Since I have been playing this game for over 90 days, should I be entitled to more than the 34% of them that I have so far?

PS if you look at past history, you’ll see that as GT games evolve, it typically comes easier and easier to earn the big bucks

Loving the game and the update. Big respect to PD !!!! Keep em comin and cant wait for the future.

Some minor things I hope they will change soon. A special class to drive your 20 million hard earned cars is necessary. And easy to arrange. Also I would like to have an overview of all the (minor but relevant) changes.

What do you mean ? The clutch works all the time if you choose a car with manual gearbox, and there are plenty of them in the game already from the beginning ?

You can do this already with your mobile phone on gran-turismo.com. Its almost the same as an app and works perfectly checking out and adding creations and liveries directly from your phone into the game. You can check friends stats and your library. There is no need for a special app for me since it works just perfect on the go.

Are you serious ? You must be making a joke not choosing the N100/200 cars to do this right ? It will earn you 2 or 3 million I think. I dont do this, but if you do it, you gotta do it right.

Wow I didn't know we even had access to that. Thanks for telling me. Checking it out right now.

You can not expect the cleaning that gives you a PC compared to what a console, with much lower hardware, which will necessarily have to compromise ... GTS is a half miracle on ps4, calculating that runs at 60 fps rock solid.

Ok, I got it but sooner or later I need native 4k console !!!

I’m really puzzled about the desire to make goals more achievable.

Nobody is compelling anybody to drive on the oval. Nobody is compelling anybody to "grind" and perform races they don’t enjoy.

Doing what is fun will eventually reach a goal and there will be a sense of achievement when it is reached.

Technically yes it is achievable playing the game for fun, but not in a reasonable amount of time. Do you think the time taken to achieve something in game is irrelevant? If it took 50 years of gameplay that would be fine would it because eventually you will reach the goal? No, of course not. You're compelled to grind by the fact that earning the achievements by normal means is virtually impossible, and that is bad game design, content shouldn't be locked away behind hundreds of hours of gameplay, let alone 1 car out of hundreds!

By the way, are you good with these Level 3 achievement requirements, or should the bars be lowered for you in these as well?

Value of cars purchased (50 million)
Prize money (50 million, which easily pays for the two 20 mill cars)
Mileage points earned (100k)
Mileage points used (100K)
Days logged on (180)

and so on for…

Consecutive accident free races in Sport Mode
Number of photo likes
Number of livery likes

https://www.gtplanet.net/need-leg-gt-sport-let-achievements-work/

And what about achieving all those GTS “Trophies”. Since I have been playing this game for over 90 days, should I be entitled to more than the 34% of them that I have so far?

I've already completed mileage points earned, play time, time driven and fuel consumption by some margin yet I'm only a 1/4 of the way into completing prize money earned. To complete the prize money earned achievement at the rate I'm going I will have to have nearly 1000 hours of play time. Assuming the the total value of cars is around 100 million, to buy every car in the game I would need to play for nearly 2000 hours. Does that seem reasonable to you? Or does it not matter because it will be achieved eventually?

It's also important to note that the main ones you have pointed out aren't even achievements, they're milestones at best. An achievement arguably should require some sort of skill to achieve. Golding all of the events is an achievement. Winning a certain number of races is an achievement, or having a certain number of clean races (sort of). But playing for X number of hours requires nothing but time and isn't really achieving anything. To use an earlier example, is it an achievement to hold X down for 10 hours? Would you feel as if you accomplished something if you did?

PS if you look at past history, you’ll see that as GT games evolve, it typically comes easier and easier to earn the big bucks

Good, now all they need to do is start rewarding the more enjoyable parts of the game and actual achievements more and it would be a lot better.

Last edited:
To complete the prize money earned achievement at the rate I'm going I will have to have nearly 1000 hours of play time. Assuming the the total value of cars is around 100 million, to buy every car in the game I would need to play for nearly 2000 hours. Does that seem reasonable to you? Or does it not matter because it will be achieved eventually?

That’s pure madness. You could complete all of the previous GT games in less time.

That’s pure madness. You could complete all of the previous GT games in less time.

Don’t get me wrong it is possible to earn money faster depending how you play the game, but the vast majority of the time I play sport mode which doesn’t earn you much at all, especially if you spend time practicing.

Anyone notice how badly made the edges of the exhausts of the ft1 are? when racing they become very angular, but if you pause they become smooth even in the grade they are smooth but when racing they are like a octagon.

To complete the prize money earned achievement at the rate I'm going I will have to have nearly 1000 hours of play time. Assuming the the total value of cars is around 100 million, to buy every car in the game I would need to play for nearly 2000 hours. Does that seem reasonable to you?
Assuming the lifespan of GT Sport to be two years, you'd need to play one hour for every 17 hours to get the prize money achievement, and one hour for every 8.7 hours to buy every car (actually nearer to one hour for every six, as the current car list is 135 million). Although the latter figure would be radically altered by the 730 prize cars you'd get over the next 730.5 days.

That's 10 hours a week (1.4 a day) for the next two years to get the prize money, or 19 hours a week (2.7 a day, or 4 for the higher 28 hour figure) for the cars. If you play that much anyway. it doesn't seem hugely unreasonable. If you don't, it might seem a lot less reasonable.

Anyone notice how badly made the edges of the exhausts of the ft1 are? when racing they become very angular, but if you pause they become smooth even in the grade they are smooth but when racing they are like a octagon.

They aren’t badly made. That’s adaptive tessellation at work optimizing the car poly mesh to maintain a stable framerate.

Assuming the lifespan of GT Sport to be two years, you'd need to play one hour for every 17 hours to get the prize money achievement, and one hour for every 8.7 hours to buy every car (actually nearer to one hour for every six, as the current car list is 135 million). Although the latter figure would be radically altered by the 730 prize cars you'd get over the next 730.5 days.

That's 10 hours a week (1.4 a day) for the next two years to get the prize money, or 19 hours a week (2.7 a day, or 4 for the higher 28 hour figure) for the cars. If you play that much anyway. it doesn't seem hugely unreasonable. If you don't, it might seem a lot less reasonable.

I think I've just about been doing 10 hours a week, but then I tend to play games a lot at release and then it tapers off from then so not sure if I'm likely to play that often long term. Definitely not going to be able to do the 19 hours per week target. :lol:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180129202612.jpg
J.D

Just got it today. :embarrassed:

Back