Way too early to shift
WHY DIDN'T YOU SHIFT YET!!!
More like this
1st gear: why even bother
2nd gear: POWEEEER
3rd gear: use me pls
4th gear: downforce yay
5th gear: want sum speed?

Agree. But im also happy if we could use it in a dailie race. Was that even a GR.X dailie race before?

There have been One-Make Grx Daily races. BMW VGT, Fittipaldi VGT, GT Go Kart, Mitsubishi VGT for example have all been used, plus plenty of others.

Most of those 1.13 cars are so well builded that i drive from the cockpit view most of the time, feeling a real pleasure at the wheel. I´m amazed by the quality of the tunes and overall balance of the cars. I think i will not even tune just a few most of them.
Such a pleasure to drive. :bowdown::drool:
A big congrats to PD
giphy.gif

Actually, that what I'm doing right now is the best part of the update!

Monza, always lovely!

Edit:

Ferrari P4 was spinning as potential prize for all golds, but didn't stop :)

Ah man I feel you... I had the same with the Jaguar for that event. I couldn't even look! Opened my eyes to see a McLaren GR1 car which isn't particularly useful (it seems to be nowhere in the GR1 daily's) but a cool car nonetheless.

Really loving this update so far. One of the reasons is that this happened yesterday.

MH122R1.jpg

First thing I did was the Monza circuit experience. Got that very nice, shiny and expensive Ferrari as a prize car for it. Then only 30 mins later when I had my daily mileage I got the Jaguar as reward. I was really amazed, I normally never have any luck whatsoever, no clue where this came from. :P

And the F1500T-A is just amazing, really nice to have a formula car in GT again. :) I think it's a bit too easy to drive it but still very fun anyway. But what will keep me busy the most now is making liveries for it, and as you can tell from the number of liveries created for this car already I think many other people are doing the same thing. :P That's exactly why it's so important to finally have a livery editor in GT. PD just has to release one single car and we ourselves can create a whole field of cars with the livery editor. I hope they keep doing this with some more formula cars and maybe even some LMP's.

Which trophy?
It's a trophy for taking a picture of the Audi R18 TDI LMP 1 car on La Sarthe in scapes and people think you have to drive on that track and take a picture, but that isn't the case, the La Sarthe is only in scapes and that's where you are getting this trophy.

Oh that one! I thought there was maybe a hidden trophy I wasn't aware of!

Hahaha, i had to check myself, but it says: took a scapes shot featuring Circuit de la Sarthe and the Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest)

Last edited:
What's the final word on the formula car? I saw it and immediately had a flashback to the Senna /Lauda feud on red and white McLaren's!!

What's the final word on the formula car? I saw it and immediately had a flashback to the Senna /Lauda feud on red and white McLaren's!!

-Very fast, it comes with 1000hp stock, which I believe it can be jacked up to 1500hp;

-Steers like a brick, has way too much understeer, luckily you can customize the downforce;

-Engine sound is little bit dissapointing;

-Very easy to drive with TCS off, it's possible to flatout out of a corner with worrying about oversteer, and if it does happen, you can correct it fast;

-Brakes are good, not on any GR.X VGT tier, but good for the time period this car is based of.

I remember having an issue with one of the very first patches, but haven't noticed a problem with this one.
I have the settings at 1 and 7

I have my torque at 5, but it seems like I'm getting decreased feedback details especially going through turns at full speed. Usually I'd feel resistance to help me feel the limit of the car through a turn. Now it is not giving me the necessary feedback and affecting my driving.

and are not fossilizing on certain nations.

Clearly your native language isn't English. So this is nothing personal. But I had to laugh at the word fossilizing 👍:lol:

Most of those 1.13 cars are so well builded that i drive from the cockpit view most of the time, feeling a real pleasure at the wheel. I´m amazed by the quality of the tunes and overall balance of the cars. I think i will not even tune just a few most of them.
Such a pleasure to drive. :bowdown::drool:
A big congrats to PD
giphy.gif

High praise indeed! :D

I used the Formula GT car to get my daily award last night on blue moon. Anyone else noticed how much the drivers head bounces up and down and moves around when you look rear view from chase cam. Thought this looked very realistic and a nice attention to detail :)

yes, the sound has a glitch or something, I tried moving all the audio settings and nothing just like you. the volume of the player engine is way too lowl, even the sound of the wind seems to overlap the sound of that 900hp turbo. Otherwise i'm in love with this car. Greatest update so far. I think (hope) they will patch it in the next one. Glad someone else realized this, i'm not crazy after all.

You’ve got to remember that it’s only a 1.5ltr engine and any engine noise is going to be muffled by that football sized turbo.

I have my torque at 5, but it seems like I'm getting decreased feedback details especially going through turns at full speed. Usually I'd feel resistance to help me feel the limit of the car through a turn. Now it is not giving me the necessary feedback and affecting my driving.
Sounds like the problem I was experiencing. Always had FFB Torque at 5 but had to turn it down to 1 , it was the only way I could feel the back end letting go. A friend with a G29 done the same after experiencing the same problem.
May feel a bit light at first, but may help.

The Mustang and Challenger still have the same short ratio gearboxes from GT6, topping out at 110. I find this so baffling, were there really factory options for 'boxes this short IRL?
Perhaps it was a matter of limiting the car's speed due to safety, because a heavy car with poor brakes driving at high speeds spells disaster.

That's what I'd do if I was a muscle car maker at the time... Not sure if that's actually what they thought aswell.

were there really factory options for 'boxes this short IRL?

Back in the day all high gear in the transmissions were a 1 :1 ratio. They had not started using overdrive ratios that far back. Top speed and acceleration were an end product of rear gear ratios. Most cars back then were available with 3.08- 4.10 gears being the most common ranges. You wanted top end you gave up low end acceleration and vice versa. I had a factory '70 Challenger R/T 440 SIX PAK, 18 spline hemi 4 speed and Dana 60 rear with factory 4:10 gears.

So glad to have the MR2! The MR2 is now tied with the mk4 Surpa for my favorite to drive. I am appreciative for the regular updates to the game. It gets better every month....great marketing approach to continually lure in new buyers.

I still think the car list is way too small however, but glad to see the numbers increasing regularly.

My wish list for future car additions to the game are:

1. 98/99 Toyota Celica GT-Four
2. 98/99 Toyota Celica ss-iii
3. 85 Toyota Celica Supra (mk2)
4. Lexus LFA
5. Honda S2000
6. 97/01 Honda Prelude Type SH
7. Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo
8. Dodge Challenger Demon
9. Ram 1500 Rebel
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
11. New JL Jeep Wrangler
12. 97 Toyota Land Cruiser
13. 95 Toyota 4Runner
14. 94 Toyota 4x4 Truck
15. 99 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4
16. 97/99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
17. 98 Nissan 240SX/Silvia
18. 01 Nissan Silvia
19. 93 Ford Mustang Cobra
20. 69 Ford Mustang Mach 1
21. 97 Ford Probe GT
22. 96 Porsche 911 Turbo S
23. 18 Porsche 911 Turbo S
24. Ferrari 488
25. Ferrari 488 Pista
26. Ferrari 458 Speciale
27. Ferrari 430 Scuderia
28. Ferrari 360 Challege Stradale
29. Ferrari 599 GTO
30. Ferrari 288 GTO
31. Ferrari 275 GTB/4
32. 96 BMW 8-Series
33. 01 Mercedes SL
34. Maserati MC12
35. 18 Maserati GranTurismo MC
36. 99 BMW M3
37. Mercedes G63
38. Nissan 300ZX Turbo
39. Ferrari FXXK
40. 13 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
41. 17 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
42. 16 Land Rover LR4
43. 12 Land Rover Range Rover
44. Land Rover Defender
45. 02 Lexus GS430
46. 02 Lexus IS300

Quite the list, but this sure would make for an amazing, well rounded offering.

And the F1500T-A is just amazing, really nice to have a formula car in GT again. :) I think it's a bit too easy to drive it but still very fun anyway. But what will keep me busy the most now is making liveries for it, and as you can tell from the number of liveries created for this car already I think many other people are doing the same thing. :P That's exactly why it's so important to finally have a livery editor in GT. PD just has to release one single car and we ourselves can create a whole field of cars with the livery editor. I hope they keep doing this with some more formula cars and maybe even some LMP's.
I didn't think people would take to it so quickly; it really serves to underline the huge fanbase of Formula 1. All we need now is for PD to bring back the Formula cars from GT3 and the Formula Gran Turismo. They could even create an F1 car based on the current regulations...

not sure if it has been mentioned before but has everyone experienced that when watching back in the F1‘s cockpit view the car looks like it has additional 4 rear wheels? They look like there are two ghosts driving maybe 25 and 50cm behind you. It‘s hard to explain but somehow annoying.

Also why aren‘t the LCD gauges working? They did in GT6

There came obviously also a bug into the game with this update:
So far I had the habit that I checked out other racers profiles, especially the gallery to like some pics (because of the Achievement "1000 likes") during the loading respectively the warm-up minute before a Sports Race.
But last night the game crashed twice when I opened a profile and wanted to change to the gallery from the starting grid table....

not sure if it has been mentioned before but has everyone experienced that when watching back in the F1‘s cockpit view the car looks like it has additional 4 rear wheels? They look like there are two ghosts driving maybe 25 and 50cm behind you. It‘s hard to explain but somehow annoying.

Also why aren‘t the LCD gauges working? They did in GT6
I was wondering about the lcd too. It’s hard to shift because the engine sound is not pronounced enough to identify shift points. In cockpit view the shift indicator is blocked by my wheel when playing. The rev counter would come in handy!

Back