Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

I jumped into livery editor and noticed the deep black only applies to the car paint. The stickers in full black look very faded by comparison. I tried to update a car that has a gold design using the car paint with the majority of the body being black stickers.

I don’t think I said it will make them faster

So if nothing is gained by stop doing variations, why do you propose that they should stop do variations?

I am a bit more sceptical that it takes them no time given the way they work and how slow they’ve been in these years.

What is slow: making brand new tracks from scratch.

What is fast: making new layouts and variations of already existing tracks.

It's no random chance or odd priorities behind the fact that they've released one new location (Monza) and I think seven new variations (or 14 if you count the reverse layouts as well) since the launch of GT Sport. It simply is that much faster to do minor edits to a location that has already been made.

It also tells me a lot that instead of focusing on actual tracks at release they have come up with all sorts of absurdities - the already discussed ovals and rally.

What is an "actual track"?

And to add these it took years and also considerable delay...

Adding dirt tracks and ovals took years and caused delay? Where did you hear that?

On the compass tracks I find personally absurd when in a lobby I have to check whether it’s north south west east or north reverse, east reverse etc... just for a few chopped corners.

Just deal with it. Most circuits do have multiple variations in real life as well.

- You do realize it's much easier (and much less time consuming) to fresh up premiums from previous GTs than creating cars from scratch, right?
- You can still regulate power and weight in lobbies
- Again, much less time consuming to just use the existing location and edit it.

I am not trying to argue that it's better to have these old cars added, or that I don't like the real tracks (I'm dying to drive at Le Mans again).

Just one thing. We are getting all this for free.

All of this would be viable arguments if they had a lot less manpower and if there was no competition who do it miles better and much more effectively. Look at the new oval variations. It is virtually flat, there are no new assets, no bumps, no undolations or anything else that makes a virtual track feel realistic. A good track modeler can make that in a week, including several iterations for refinement and testing.

And if you bring in the Aventador, why not use an up to date version like the Aventador S Coupe? That would be minimal effort to get a new, exciting car in the game. As it is now, it is just outdated.

From my point of view, I really like the game since it is perfect to have some casual fun with the pad while my wheel is in the shop. But those kind of decisions when your game is still quite lacking in content compared to the competition 6 months after release are not very helpful for the longevity of the game.

So if nothing is gained by stop doing variations, why do you propose that they should stop do variations?

What is slow: making brand new tracks from scratch.

What is fast: making new layouts and variations of already existing tracks.

It's no random chance or odd priorities behind the fact that they've released one new location (Monza) and I think seven new variations (or 14 if you count the reverse layouts as well) since the launch of GT Sport. It simply is that much faster to do minor edits to a location that has already been made.

What is an "actual track"?

Adding dirt tracks and ovals took years and caused delay? Where did you hear that?

Just deal with it. Most circuits do have multiple variations in real life as well.
You would be my favourite customer by far.
If you are looking at quantity over quality then these updates are for you. As long as they churn out stuff then it’s good, just cut here and there, rename it and you’re served.

What is better: proper tracks that actually exists in real life where international series race (Mugello, SPA)

What is cheap and easy: ovals and variations

Why do you think there is no Monza, Nurburgring reverse?

And why does it take them so long to produce content? That’s the issue.

Give me some of those aforementioned tracks and I will let you enjoy your thousands variations.

You can defend them as much as you want, I think we have different concepts of racing simulator in mind.

The improvement of the penalty system is good news if the improve really works (obvious). Let´s see.

I don´t really care about the cars as I usually use the same cars but I am glad for the community.

I am disappointed in relation with the tracks. The game still being monotonous and we need more tracks. I don´t really care if the new tracks are real or originals from PD but we need at least 4 or 5 new tracks, not layouts.

And definitely PD should introduce new events in the Sport mode as soon as possible.

I know, I shouldn't be bothered that much about it, as I don't own neither GT Sport nor PS4, but that F1500T thing is kinda bothering me.
As people have pointed out, it's a generic version of Lotus 97T. In a game where Lotus cars were scrapped on beta testing stages.
Does that mean Lotus isn't coming in Gran Turismo anytime soon, then?

Blue Moon Infields ARE new tracks even if one part of these is the original track.

New track doesn't just mean "new path to race on", it means new scenery, new vibe. What we got is just an alternate layout, same as all the Maggiore variants.

Because these tracks aren't build up for the reverse layout racing (some would say they're real circuits, therefore no reverse layout). Need to mention, there are proper real life circuits which actually do have various layouts and all of them can be driven as reverse layouts (one mention for all - Slovakiaring - 6 layouts for both directions (one of them Oval-ish/not to far to resemble Blue Moon Bay shape) is 12 different ways to enjoy one location and one circuit. And this may apply to many other circuits (maybe more of them are the newer ones).

What is better: proper tracks that actually exists in real life where international series race (Mugello, SPA)
Not to argue with your point on this, but we are in virtual world, so there is room to original tracks too. You may not like them, others may like. Nothing bad with them at all. I also like to drive more on real circuits, but kinda enjoy some of the originals too. :cheers:

205, I think.
Yep spot on, got 205 as well in my spreadsheet. That includes “copies” like the 2011 Le Mans Audi and all 7 mileage reward cars.

That Pantera my god it sounds phenomenal.

Three years ago, in the era of GT6 vacuum cleaners, who would have ever predicted we would be reading something like this. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The turn one drop from the oval to the infield would break the suspension of real race cars and there is not a single bump on the whole layout, sorry but that is weak as hell

Have you seen the Sebring track, it tears up suspensions too? As for the track being too smooth, it's newly paved give it time to weather in. :D

The penalties definitely seem harsher though and you need to bleed them off much quicker

I picked up a 1 sec penalty on lap 1 or 2 of the Race B Infield and could not lose it until the finish line. You really have slow up to get that timer to start counting down.

i prefer fantasy tracks to real ones .. they're usually set up specifically for online racing games since theyre made for that. and the team behind gran turismo make really interesting tracks

You would be my favourite customer by far.
If you are looking at quantity over quality then these updates are for you. As long as they churn out stuff then it’s good, just cut here and there, rename it and you’re served.

If quantity is not an issue for you, then why do you complain about the lack of new tracks?

What makes you think that option even exists? Those tracks will be done when they're done. It's not like they're releasing these variations INSTEAD of Mugello or Spa.

What is cheap and easy: ovals and variations

Remind me again of how many ovals they have added since the release? I think it amounts to just about none.

Probably because those tracks weren't designed to be run in reverse. Why do you ask?

And why does it take them so long to produce content? That’s the issue.

Because quality takes time to achieve. Do you want quantity now?

Give me some of those aforementioned tracks and I will let you enjoy your thousands variations.

That's a brilliant idea. I wonder why Kaz didn't think about that. Everyone, let's stop working and go home until the team that is working on Spa has completed the track. Should be done around May or so.

You can defend them as much as you want

Of course I can. And you're free to be as grumpy as you like, if that makes you happy.

Very dissappointed there was no new real world track. GTS is continuing to look pretty poor with respect to real world tracks. You would have thought that a requirement of the FIA link up would be real tracks. It is also dissappointing that the Ferrari 488 and Ford GT have still not made it GT3 is looking seriously out of date as a result.

CJ

20180228103523.jpg

You would have thought that a requirement of the FIA link up would be real tracks.

Not really, the FIA don't own the rights to real-world circuits. The rights holders/circuit owners still have to license the circuit to PD, and that's nothing to do with the FIA. If GTS was about mimicking a real world FIA series then you'd have a point, and in that case the FIA probably does have some contractual clout to help it happen... but that's not the case here.

If quantity is not an issue for you, then why do you complain about the lack of new tracks?

What makes you think that option even exists? Those tracks will be done when they're done. It's not like they're releasing these variations INSTEAD of Mugello or Spa.

Remind me again of how many ovals they have added since the release? I think it amounts to just about none.

Probably because those tracks weren't designed to be run in reverse. Why do you ask?

Because quality takes time to achieve. Do you want quantity now?

That's a brilliant idea. I wonder why Kaz didn't think about that. Everyone, let's stop working and go home until the team that is working on Spa has completed the track. Should be done around May or so.

Of course I can. And you're free to be as grumpy as you like, if that makes you happy.
Am I complaining for new tracks?

I am complaining for tracks that should have had priority over your ovals (are you seriously asking for other ovals? Weren’t enough those at release that they felt compelled to spend time adding layouts to them and even adding them to gt sport every other day? Lol)

I would trade a thousands of ovals, tokyo loops as they stand and dubios track variations for one real track, this is quality over quantity.

SPA was available since GT5, in all this time they weren’t able to realise it should have had priority over their other fantasy tracks, ovals and rally?

Also according to you it seems they can create fantasy tracks / add layouts in a few minutes, so much in fact that they haven’t been able to recreate some of the best fantasy tracks from the old series.

So yes quality takes time, but in PD’s case it takes ages.

Gt6 was released in 2013 if I am not wrong, in 4 years this is all they’ve come up with.

To conclude, they don’t have reverse layouts because it is nonsense to have reverse layouts (if you forgot this is a simulator).

So yeah keep spinning around your north east south oval reversed with turbo on while in a few years they will add a real track defending how they are doing a great job recycling cars from the old games as well.

I might be grumpy but not totally blind.

Last edited:
Does the Monza circuit experience counts toward your game completion? I'm taking a break from PS4 due to finals, so can't check it myself.

10. Sport Mode
 - The Sportsmanship Rating (SR) and penalty judgement algorithms have been improved;
 - In a collision between two cars, a penalty will now be added to the Driver Rating (DR) as well as incurring a Time Penalty depending on the situation;
 - If a driver continues to drive without complying with a certain amount of Time Penalty, additional time penalties will be added. (The additional penalty depends on the DR);
 - A driver may now be disqualified from a race if the number of collisions and shortcuts they accumulate becomes too great;
 - Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted and will not be subject to collisions. (Only enabled in Sport mode);
 - It is now possible to submit grief reports for misconduct of other users.

Finally!

(Emphasis mine)

Penalties on DR is a huge mistake :( It makes the whole DR scoring system imbalanced, with more points being destroyed than created. That evil person who gets a penalty on their DR is now worth less when you beat them, so you get less DR.

They already had some DR penalty for dropping SR too low, but it was buggy as hell and possibly gave points as much as it took. We'll see if they've fixed that pretty soon, Im sure. They should've just removed it. Before we found out about that I thought they had a good system for DR.

For both of these, matchmaking should put low SR drivers together, and someone with an unusually high DR in that situation will find it very hard to not lose DR in those races. It's the 'natural' way to remove DR from them, since then it goes to other players and the points stay in the system.

Sounds like time penalites are being handed out much more than before, and presumably therefore DR penalties, for even slight collisions.

So that's it, I'm sitting out until they come to their senses on this one, and preserving my current DR while they deflate the points.

Back