Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

Look, with the end of the GT6 servers at the end of March, I hope this is offset. I hope that at the end of March PD will bring us a handful of original and real circuits, which have been in GT6. Oh really!

I know that DLCs are free, but any racing game currently needs many race tracks. I do not know why GT fans get mad at requests for more circuits. They take as a personal offense! Weird. Calm down, guys.

Anyway, I want more circuits! Please!

i1gqpk9ol1PdDW.jpg

A 4.2 R8 in a current gen videogame instead of a 5.2 V10 version? :drool:

While many seem to be happy with this, and more power to them, I guess, I don't share their sentiment. Polyphony, sometimes, seems to have an allergy with recent and better cars. While having a road R8 is better than not having one at all, this choice was a waste. Where's the V10? Better yet, where this (see below) V10, you know, to go with the GT3 you already have in the game?

2017_audi_r8_LIFE1_ot_1102161_1280.jpg

You had no problem getting a recent Audi TTS and you also didn't leave out the Mclaren 650S, despite already having the 12C. Where did this one go?

Actually, I'll answer it myself: it's probably being held back for the paid DLCs later on. Still, an absolute shame they couldn't just give us the 2009 V10, from GT6.

Am I complaining for new tracks?

"Give me some of those aforementioned tracks"

Yes.

I am complaining for tracks that should have had priority over your ovals

They are not my ovals.

(are you seriously asking for other ovals?

No. Where did you get that impression?

Weren’t enough those at release that they felt compelled to spend time adding layouts to them

I suggest you take a look at the new Blue Moon Bay layouts, because they are not ovals.

SPA was available since GT5, in all this time they weren’t able to realise it should have had priority over their other fantasy tracks, ovals and rally?

Why should it have had priority over those tracks? And would it honestly make you happier? Because I have a feeling that you would just complain over why they haven't given priority to Circuit de la Sarthe, or Laguna Seca, or Red Bull Ring, or Silverstone.

According to you it seems they can create tracks in a few minutes

What gave you that impression? I clearly wrote that it takes a long time to create new tracks.

Creating a new variation is obviously a much quicker job, since most of the scenery is already done and all they need to do is to model the new piece of road.

So yes quality takes time, but in PD’s case it takes ages.

Indeed.

Gt6 was released in 2013 if I am not wrong, in 4 years this is all they’ve come up with.

They supported GT6 with additional content for some time after release as well, so somewhere between 3 and 4 years at full production rate.

To conclude, they don’t have reverse layouts because it is nonsense to have reverse layouts (if you forgot this is a simulator).

What did you conclude that from?

So yeah keep spinning around your north east south oval reversed with turbo on while in a few years they will add a real track defending how they are doing a great job recycling cars from the old games as well.

You obviously don't like Gran Turismo Sport, so why don't you check out some other driving games instead? I'm sure you'll find some that are more to your taste.

I might be grumpy but not totally blind.

Given the quality of your reading I wouldn't be so sure about that.

So it's actually a recreation of the GT3 F1s?

Nice.
Pretty much a Super-Premium F687/S with a new name. I wonder if PDI have other F1's planned. Maybe they'll give us an updated Côte d'Azur (Monaco) someday.

Honestly, GTS is shaping up (slowly, but still) to be the new Gran Turismo 3. Seems like PDI are getting their **** together. Again, slowly though.

recent and better cars.
Better is kind of subjective. Personally I think the '07 is better. At least in terms of exterior. The front fascia on the newer R8 is fugly.

Last edited:
Price for each car, anyone?
  • Alpine A110 1600 S ’72 (N 100) Cr 100,000

• Alpine A110 Première Édition ’17 (N 300) Cr 70,000

• Audi R 8 4.2 FSI R tronic ’07 (N 400) Cr 166,700

• De Tomaso Pantera ’71 (N 300) Cr 200,000

• Dodge Challenger R/T ’70 (N 400) Cr 80,000

• Ford Mustang Mach 1 ’71 (N 300) Cr 50,000

• Gran Turismo F1500T-A (Gr. X) Cr 1000000

• Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 ’11 (N 700) Cr 400,000

• Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car ’16 (Gr. X) Cr 300,000

• Subaru Falken Tire/Turn 14 Distribution BRZ ’17 (Gr.X) Cr 400,000

• Toyota SUPRA 3.0 GT Turbo A ’88 (N 300) Cr 40,500

• Toyota MR 2 GT-S ’97 (N 200) Cr 27,100
  • :gtpflag:

Still a lot of issues not fixed :( They added a "classic" F1 Car (which, when compared to games like Assetto Corsa or F1 2017 feel nothing like the equivalent cars, way too arcadey grippy feel - unlike for instance GT3 cars which feel rather good in this game) and a few classic cars, yet the clutch is still broken (a ton of missed gears when using a proper h-shifter, as you should in these cars), and the same goes for ABS - when you switch it off, it's borderline undriveable as the wheels lock almost as soon as you break, way too unrealistic. F1 cars, old classic amrican and italian cars, do NOT have ABS and use H-Shifters. As long as the no-abs physics and Clutch implementation is horribly working, you can't really properly enjoy these cars, especially if you have a rig setup. Shame.

Still a lot of issues not fixed :( They added a "classic" F1 Car (which, when compared to games like Assetto Corsa or F1 2017 feel nothing like the equivalent cars, way too arcadey grippy feel - unlike for instance GT3 cars which feel rather good in this game) and a few classic cars, yet the clutch is still broken (a ton of missed gears when using a proper h-shifter, as you should in these cars), and the same goes for ABS - when you switch it off, it's borderline undriveable as the wheels lock almost as soon as you break, way too unrealistic. F1 cars, old classic amrican and italian cars, do NOT have ABS and use H-Shifters. As long as the no-abs physics and Clutch implementation is horribly working, you can't really properly enjoy these cars, especially if you have a rig setup. Shame.
Have you driven an 80's F1 car?? How do you know the other games haven't got it wrong??

It was over 10 years ago for me in Tokyo Xtreme Racer Three. :lol: I wish the car was in more games, including its other variants.
I wish SMS put it in PC2, their sound engine is far superior to GTS, if you don't believe me, just look up a vid on the Camaro TransAm in PC2, by far the best V8 engine sound I've heard in any game ever. The Pantera doesn't sound too far off that, especially the race version.

In fact, here you go:

"Give me some of those aforementioned tracks"

Yes.

They are not my ovals.

No. Where did you get that impression?

I suggest you take a look at the new Blue Moon Bay layouts, because they are not ovals.

Why should it have had priority over those tracks? And would it honestly make you happier? Because I have a feeling that you would just complain over why they haven't given priority to Circuit de la Sarthe, or Laguna Seca, or Red Bull Ring, or Silverstone.

What gave you that impression? I clearly wrote that it takes a long time to create new tracks.

Creating a new variation is obviously a much quicker job, since most of the scenery is already done and all they need to do is to model the new piece of road.

Indeed.

They supported GT6 with additional content for some time after release as well, so somewhere between 3 and 4 years at full production rate.

What did you conclude that from?

You obviously don't like Gran Turismo Sport, so why don't you check out some other driving games instead? I'm sure you'll find some that are more to your taste.

Given the quality of your reading I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Instead of cutting and pasting at your convenience, you should read what I said in its entirety or else improve your skills with the snipping tool.

I made a clear example saying I would trade some tracks for others (so not new tracks but there should have been others to start with). I am not sure how to help you further understanding this.

Further SPA was, I thought at least, a clear example of something they could have offered since they already have the data. Thinking of it you are right, they have data for almost all of those if not all of them.

Why don’t you suggest to FIA to start having reverse layouts and see what they say? Please let me know

As a genuine question though I would be curios to know how much time it takes them to create layouts.

By that standard also new fantasy tracks should be quick, it should be just remodelling the old ones they had.

I feel like all this free DLC that PD has been giving out is causing some problems in the community. It seems like people are starting to act like things that were never promised are now owed to them, and are posting rants and getting upset over how things don’t go exactly how they envisioned. They could pull the plug on free dlc after March if they wanted too, there’s nothing written anywhere saying that all DLC must be free. Heck, they weren’t even obligated to make additional content from the start.

If the next real world track was paid DLC, how would the community react?

Has anyone test out sport mode with the new penalties system and stuff? I heard it's really sensitive even with slight contact being made which doesn't sound good. I'm glad they trying to make online more organized but that's going a little too far. Someone posted a video and he made super slight contact and had a 5 second penalty.... like c'mon...

1st Gen Audi R8 V8... love it. So happy it's not the V10... so happy its the original...
Kinda like getting a proper 240Z rather than a 370Z... yes, I would prefer the 240.
Now if they could apply that mentality to the AC Cobra and provide us the 289 version.
Pantera... Thank you... old stump pullin' 351.

The rest? enh... but to get 2 things I'm excited about is great.
Thanks PD.

Blue Moon layouts are "new tracks"...!?

And wolfs are barking on the moon...

Epic, huge disappointment to me.
Only what I have awaiting were new tracks, and today I expected two of them...

Even one would be fine, Deep Forest, but this.

I have no more appropriate words, PD.

Yeah, my circuit experience dropped to 94% from 100% so I believe it is.

It is interesting that the "Campaign Circuit" statistic on KudosPrime is dependent on what version of the game you actually have installed. This morning, before I installed the update, I was at 100%. After the update, 94%. This is a good thing, but still somewhat surprising.

I love the fact they added the 4.2 version of the R8, best version in my opinion. Love how the V8 sounds, and that design is timeless.

I’m glad more people appreciate the launch versions of cars. I know Turn 10 Studios typically includes the most beefed up end-of-production cars in their games. I’m glad PD does it the other way.

Remember that Forza 7 vs GT:Sport visual comparison video from (I think) Digital Foundry? They also took an in depth look at the Mazda MX-5 (ND) in both games and while the Turn 10 variant seemed to have all options available, the PD variant was a much more basic car.

I for one like this 4.2L V8 Audi R8 as it was the first engine the R8 was released with in 2006. That’s car culture nostalgia and history right there, that’s what GT is all about for me.

If we later also get the newer 2016 R8 with the V10 engine then everyone is happy.

I feel like all this free DLC that PD has been giving out is causing some problems in the community. It seems like people are starting to act like things that were never promised are now owed to them, and are posting rants and getting upset over how things don’t go exactly how they envisioned. They could pull the plug on free dlc after March if they wanted too, there’s nothing written anywhere saying that all DLC must be free. Heck, they weren’t even obligated to make additional content from the start.

If the next real world track was paid DLC, how would the community react?

That's self-entitlement for you. People these days are unbelievably spoiled, because of some developers and publishers who always feel the need to make their games bigger and bigger with each release, and at a faster rate. Because games get bigger at a rapid rate these days, people tend to expect more and more and more and more, and they want it now.

People don't understand (or refuse to understand no matter how valid or how factual the explanations thrown to their faces are) that developing games TAKE TIME. They require a lot of work, tons even. Example, Assassin's Creed. Ever wonder why Ubisoft managed to churn out an Assassin's Creed game every year in the previous years? Because they had multiple studios with lots of people working on different titles. For example, Studio A is working on the current game, while Studio B is working on the next game, etc etc. and so on. Polyphony Digital, on the other hand, is just one studio. One. One studio with really not as much people as the other, bigger developer studios out there, and more than that, they really like to take their time. It's been stated over and over and over and over again that, in PD's world, each car in the game is being rendered for six months by just one artist and only that artist. This is to maintain consistency across all the cars. And for people who would argue that "why not just reuse the models from GT6", do you honestly want another GT5 Premium/Standard garbage fest? Really now. People call not having Spa included in this 1.13 update as "lazy"? The Premium/Standard case in GT5 IS lazy. I can't believe how "starting from scratch" is a bad thing to these bunch of ranters and whiners.

I don't understand why it's hard for people ranting and whining to think that the DLC that we are getting is FREE. Stuff we didn't have to pay for in the first place.

Back