Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

Why is it bad to have layouts in an oval?
Given the scarcity factor we have to endure, I’d prefer they focused on proper tracks.

If you ask me we shouldn’t even have ovals at this stage, maybe one for those who like going around them. But first they need to deliver on proper tracks then they can do layouts and add all the ovals they want.

I’ve seen so many different car packs added to so many racing games but this seriously is one of my most favourite car packs ever, and it’s even free. :) Both Alpines, Pantera, MR2, classic Supra, first R8, pimped BRZ, pimped WRX, Challenger, Mach 1, Aventador. I think the only car I don’t really care about is the F1500T but it’s a division of cars the game sure needs. So, basically all bingo.

I noticed under time trials they now grouped all the track layouts under their main track and each layouts has a nifty racing direction animation, much much better than the confusing mess it was before. Also really glad to see the Monza circuit challenge added, that means they will probably keep that updated for all future tracks as well, last update I was disappointed it wasn’t added and thought the circuit layout challenges might have been abandoned.

Which brave soul is going to test the new penalty system and report back here?

I'm staying out of Sport Mode races for a day or two.

Positive:
- The Pantera is one of my favorite cars and arare treat in a somewhat realistic racing game
- The new Alpine is schweet
- Some other cars that are at least obscure, even though they are not too interesting imho (appeciate they are loved by other people tho)

Negative:
- Who really needs a 10 year old last gen R8 and a 7 year old Aventador, that time could have been spent on much more interesting cars that fit the game better, especially with such a limited car list compared to the competition.
- All this Group X nonsense, give those cars their own classes and some opponents for Christs sake. Thats not even trying right there.
- Instead of a desperately needed new real world track we get some meh variations of an oval that feels straight out of Daytona USA. The turn one drop from the oval to the infield would break the suspension of real race cars and there is not a single bump on the whole layout, sorry but that is weak as hell.

Negative:
- Who really needs a 10 year old last gen R8 and a 7 year old Aventador, that time could have been spent on much more interesting cars that fit the game better, especially with such a limited car list compared to the competition.
- All this Group X nonsense, give those cars their own classes and some opponents for Christs sake. Thats not even trying right there.
- Instead of a desperately needed new real world track we get some meh variations of an oval that feels straight out of Daytona USA. The turn one drop from the oval to the infield would break the suspension of real race cars and there is not a single bump on the whole layout, sorry but that is weak as hell.

- You do realize it's much easier (and much less time consuming) to fresh up premiums from previous GTs than creating cars from scratch, right?
- You can still regulate power and weight in lobbies
- Again, much less time consuming to just use the existing location and edit it.

I am not trying to argue that it's better to have these old cars added, or that I don't like the real tracks (I'm dying to drive at Le Mans again).

Shocked that there is no new circuit, just additions to a dumb oval. Massive fail there, PD. The game desperatley needs Silverstone, Spa and Le Mans. Forget the fantasy circuits and variations, drop some real world circuits in for the FIA rounds!

Just one thing. We are getting all this for free.

Given the scarcity factor we have to endure, I’d prefer they focused on proper tracks.

Given the scarcity factor it's much better that they focus on doing both. By adding layout variations they don't have to waste so much time on building new environments from scratch, so it's an effective way to quickly get more track variations to race on.

If you ask me we shouldn’t even have ovals at this stage, maybe one for those who like going around them.

The new layouts are not ovals.

Negative:

The Aventador is a must-have. I need the Countach anniversary edition too.

- You do realize it's much easier (and much less time consuming) to fresh up premiums from previous GTs than creating cars from scratch, right?
- You can still regulate power and weight in lobbies
- Again, much less time consuming to just use the existing location and edit it.

I am not trying to argue that it's better to have these old cars added, or that I don't like the real tracks (I'm dying to drive at Le Mans again).

Just one thing. We are getting all this for free.
So in ten years time we should still have old cars they recycled...I mean we agree they took their time to deliver this demo so I am sure they could have at least rendered new cars

They did not even compensate with proper tracks...btw now sport mode is going to be full of Blue moon variations and Tokyo loops 🤬

They need to hire some European / racing expert in that company to tell them what racing is like, which is the exact opposite of blue moons, ovals, loops, muscle cars and pick up tracks

Given the scarcity factor it's much better that they focus on doing both. By adding layout variations they don't have to waste so much time on building new environments from scratch, so it's an effective way to quickly get more track variations to race on.

The new layouts are not ovals.
Given the amount of time it took them to deliver the game in its original state I doubt they can do both effectively.

Adding layouts is a cheap way of cutting corners here and there but doesn’t add much IMO.

All tracks will become a compass with north south west and east and reverse.

Just speculations but you guys remember when 1.10 patch added alternative layout for Kyoto? And then 1.11 we had Monza and new Maggiore layout, 1.12 is small fix patches and then 1.13 we have alternative layout for BMB. If my thought is correct, then somewhere between 1.14 or 1.15 we going to have real life track added in game. Looks like it is possible cycle for track updates, if there is no small fixes like 1.12 patch.

Once again, this is just pure speculations. PD could do the twist and surprise us with their decision. Also, keep your expectations (and mine also) not too high. Sorry to give you an advice like this, but after years on knowing how PD worked... guess this is how you can handle your own optimism against PD mind boggling decisions and slow progresses.

The official patch notes, courtesy of gran-turismo.com:

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented

1. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been added to the “GT League”:
  ・ Beginner’s League “Stars & Stripes”
  ・ Amateur League “Dream Car Championship”
  ・ Professional League “F1500 Championship”
  ・ “Sunday Cup” Round 6 and 7
  ・ “Clubman Cup" Round 6
  ・ “Premium Sport Lounge“ Round 4 and 5
  ・ ”Porsche Cup” Round 2
 - "Monza Circuit" has been added to the “Circuit Experience”.

2. New Cars
 - The following 12 cars have been added:
  ・ Alpine A110 1600S '72
  ・ Alpine A110 Premiere Edition '17
  ・ Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07
  ・ De Tomaso Pantera '71
  ・ Dodge Challenger R/T '70
  ・ Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
  ・ Gran Turismo F1500T-A
  ・ Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '11
  ・ Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car '16
  ・ Subaru Falken Tires / Turn 14 Distribution BRZ '17
  ・ Toyota Supra 3.0GT TURBO A '88
  ・ Toyota MR2 GT-S GT-S '97

3. Tracks
 - The following 4 layouts for the "Blue Moon Bay Speedway" track have been added:
  ・ Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A
  ・ Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield A II
  ・ Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield B
  ・ Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield B II

4. Scapes
 - “Snow” has been added to the special featured section.

5. Brand Central
 - Additional Scapes spots have been added to Volkswagen.

6. Livery Editor
 - When editing a vehicle with an existing livery such as a race car, the existing livery will no longer be removed until you start editing the paint, decals, or racing items. (When only the design of the wheels is changed, the original decals will be maintained);
 - Added “Exposure Adjustment” to the livery editor options;
 - The lowest value limit for the brightness of Black paint has been lowered.

7. Discover
 - Added a [Recommended] page;
 - Notification of users who liked or reposted your content will be displayed;
 - You can now preview the liveries of cars within the car livery.

8. My Library
 - It is now possible to preview the liveries of cars in the car livery section.

9. Race Photo
 - The target car name is now displayed in the panning shot settings.

10. Sport Mode
 - The Sportsmanship Rating (SR) and penalty judgement algorithms have been improved;
 - In a collision between two cars, a penalty will now be added to the Driver Rating (DR) as well as incurring a Time Penalty depending on the situation;
 - If a driver continues to drive without complying with a certain amount of Time Penalty, additional time penalties will be added. (The additional penalty depends on the DR);
 - A driver may now be disqualified from a race if the number of collisions and shortcuts they accumulate becomes too great;
 - Cars over a lap behind will now be ghosted and will not be subject to collisions. (Only enabled in Sport mode);
 - It is now possible to submit grief reports for misconduct of other users.

11. Physics Simulation Model
 - The active brake controls for the 4 wheel drive system (S-AWC) used in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15 has been adjusted.

12. Notifications
 - Followers' notifications will now be displayed in the notifications list of [My Menu].

Other Improvements and Adjustments

- It is now possible to display/hide layers while editing decals with the Livery Editor;
- A gallery has been added to the detailed user information page in Discover;
- Some of the Sport mode penalties will also apply to Lobby races;
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

So in ten years time we should still have old cars they recycled...I mean we agree they took their time to deliver this demo so I am sure they could have at least rendered new cars

They did not even compensate with proper tracks...btw now sport mode is going to be full of Blue moon variations and Tokyo loops 🤬

They need to hire some European / racing expert in that company to tell them what racing is like, which is the exact opposite of blue moons, ovals, loops, muscle cars and pick up tracks
Racing has many different faces, and all of them are, imho, racing. You don't like ovals, others do, you don't like muscle cars, others do, you don't like pick-ups, well, aparently some of us do. They do not really need some expert from europe/asia/americas to tell them what racing is. Because all you mentioned is racing from the point there are two opponents driving the same track in a competitive way.

Back