Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by mastretta_mx, Feb 28, 2018.

1. J91patriz

J91patriz

Given the scarcity factor we have to endure, I’d prefer they focused on proper tracks.

If you ask me we shouldn’t even have ovals at this stage, maybe one for those who like going around them. But first they need to deliver on proper tracks then they can do layouts and add all the ovals they want.

ivann, tofuhero and BrunusCL82 like this.
  2. dimassa19

dimassa19

Close the game, and then return.

3. breyzipp

breyzipp

I’ve seen so many different car packs added to so many racing games but this seriously is one of my most favourite car packs ever, and it’s even free. :) Both Alpines, Pantera, MR2, classic Supra, first R8, pimped BRZ, pimped WRX, Challenger, Mach 1, Aventador. I think the only car I don’t really care about is the F1500T but it’s a division of cars the game sure needs. So, basically all bingo.

I noticed under time trials they now grouped all the track layouts under their main track and each layouts has a nifty racing direction animation, much much better than the confusing mess it was before. Also really glad to see the Monza circuit challenge added, that means they will probably keep that updated for all future tracks as well, last update I was disappointed it wasn’t added and thought the circuit layout challenges might have been abandoned.

4. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

I am very disappointed that the formula, impreza and brz are all Gr. X.

chrisspeed281 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  5. DriftMethod

DriftMethod

Which brave soul is going to test the new penalty system and report back here?

I'm staying out of Sport Mode races for a day or two.

6. breyzipp

breyzipp

Yeah the Gr.X class is just one big pile of... one make races. I hope PD will revamp everything in there in the future and add some new car classes. Still saddens me that cars like the BMW i3 are in there as well when they could perfectly be in N-class.

7. 05XR8

05XR8

With that MR2 at 27k, I can see an Sprinter Trueno Gt-Apex at a down to earth 9,999.

Lubeify100, Dave Beerman and ProjectF like this.
  8. SkyArkz23

SkyArkz23

Looks like they updated the Showcase on main menu.

Also are we just gonna ignore the fact that PD is holding back a nice Touge from us...lol jk

9. azrilnazli

azrilnazli

Subaru and Blue Moon new layouts

10. FLX1981

FLX1981

Positive:
    - The Pantera is one of my favorite cars and arare treat in a somewhat realistic racing game
    - The new Alpine is schweet
    - Some other cars that are at least obscure, even though they are not too interesting imho (appeciate they are loved by other people tho)

Negative:
    - Who really needs a 10 year old last gen R8 and a 7 year old Aventador, that time could have been spent on much more interesting cars that fit the game better, especially with such a limited car list compared to the competition.
    - All this Group X nonsense, give those cars their own classes and some opponents for Christs sake. Thats not even trying right there.
    - Instead of a desperately needed new real world track we get some meh variations of an oval that feels straight out of Daytona USA. The turn one drop from the oval to the infield would break the suspension of real race cars and there is not a single bump on the whole layout, sorry but that is weak as hell.

11. turboteam911

turboteam911

Check out @Kaz_Yamauchi’s Tweet:

12. Lebowski

Lebowski

Shocked that there is no new circuit, just additions to a dumb oval. Massive fail there, PD. The game desperatley needs Silverstone, Spa and Le Mans. Forget the fantasy circuits and variations, drop some real world circuits in for the FIA rounds!

13. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

- You do realize it's much easier (and much less time consuming) to fresh up premiums from previous GTs than creating cars from scratch, right?
    - You can still regulate power and weight in lobbies
    - Again, much less time consuming to just use the existing location and edit it.

I am not trying to argue that it's better to have these old cars added, or that I don't like the real tracks (I'm dying to drive at Le Mans again).

Just one thing. We are getting all this for free.

chrisspeed281, Max_HP, Dan and 11 others like this.
  14. eran0004

eran0004

Given the scarcity factor it's much better that they focus on doing both. By adding layout variations they don't have to waste so much time on building new environments from scratch, so it's an effective way to quickly get more track variations to race on.

The new layouts are not ovals.

chrisspeed281 and Senna52 like this.
  15. Vspectra

Vspectra

The Aventador is a must-have. I need the Countach anniversary edition too.

aSaNG and ProjectF like this.
  16. AKps3

AKps3

GT Sport Alpine A110 Première Édition ’17 Gameplay + Replay on Blue Moon Bay Infield B

17. J91patriz

J91patriz

So in ten years time we should still have old cars they recycled...I mean we agree they took their time to deliver this demo so I am sure they could have at least rendered new cars

They did not even compensate with proper tracks...btw now sport mode is going to be full of Blue moon variations and Tokyo loops :censored:

They need to hire some European / racing expert in that company to tell them what racing is like, which is the exact opposite of blue moons, ovals, loops, muscle cars and pick up tracks

Lebowski likes this.
  18. ststav01

ststav01

Any news on BoP changes?

19. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Apparently there aren't any.

20. J91patriz

J91patriz

Given the amount of time it took them to deliver the game in its original state I doubt they can do both effectively.

Adding layouts is a cheap way of cutting corners here and there but doesn’t add much IMO.

All tracks will become a compass with north south west and east and reverse.

21. Lebowski

Lebowski

I'm aware.

22. bdj57

bdj57

Just speculations but you guys remember when 1.10 patch added alternative layout for Kyoto? And then 1.11 we had Monza and new Maggiore layout, 1.12 is small fix patches and then 1.13 we have alternative layout for BMB. If my thought is correct, then somewhere between 1.14 or 1.15 we going to have real life track added in game. Looks like it is possible cycle for track updates, if there is no small fixes like 1.12 patch.

Once again, this is just pure speculations. PD could do the twist and surprise us with their decision. Also, keep your expectations (and mine also) not too high. Sorry to give you an advice like this, but after years on knowing how PD worked... guess this is how you can handle your own optimism against PD mind boggling decisions and slow progresses.

ThePotatoKing, ProjectF and breyzipp like this.
  23. rex1825

rex1825

At least they are doing something and adding content to the game...

24. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

25. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

The official patch notes, courtesy of gran-turismo.com:

26. Mires

Mires

Racing has many different faces, and all of them are, imho, racing. You don't like ovals, others do, you don't like muscle cars, others do, you don't like pick-ups, well, aparently some of us do. They do not really need some expert from europe/asia/americas to tell them what racing is. Because all you mentioned is racing from the point there are two opponents driving the same track in a competitive way.

GTboyz, Max_HP, BadFlounder and 14 others like this.
  27. Wardez

Wardez Staff Emeritus

I really really like the Blue moon roval configurations. Awesome job PD. Great racers' track

28. Maxrevv

Maxrevv

I love the fact they added the 4.2 version of the R8, best version in my opinion. Love how the V8 sounds, and that design is timeless.

29. skingg

skingg

Any word on the size of the update?

30. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

I see PD is cultured by adding the V8 R8 over the inferior audighini V10 version

SecretAgentZero, GTboyz, Dan and 16 others like this.