Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

Have you driven an 80's F1 car?? How do you know the other games haven't got it wrong??
:)) It's really cute that you would think 3 other games (PCars 2 included, Assetto and F1 2017 got almost identical feels - mind you, Assetto does the simulation that Ferrari F1 drivers use for training ;) ) got it WRONG (even though the feel is natural), but a fictional F1 car done by PD in GTS (which is knows for unfortunately not having the best physics anymore, not by far) is the only one that got it RIGHT, considering, besides the broken h-shifter and ABS implementation, you can literally slam the car on any 90 degrees turns on Brands Hatch, with no TC, and the car is still stuck to the road.

Really cute, but horribly wrong.

That's self-entitlement for you. People these days are unbelievably spoiled, because of some developers and publishers who always feel the need to make their games bigger and bigger with each release, and at a faster rate. Because games get bigger at a rapid rate these days, people tend to expect more and more and more and more, and they want it now.

People don't understand (or refuse to understand no matter how valid or how factual the explanations thrown to their faces are) that developing games TAKE TIME. They require a lot of work, tons even. Example, Assassin's Creed. Ever wonder why Ubisoft managed to churn out an Assassin's Creed game every year in the previous years? Because they had multiple studios with lots of people working on different titles. For example, Studio A is working on the current game, while Studio B is working on the next game, etc etc. and so on. Polyphony Digital, on the other hand, is just one studio. One. One studio with really not as much people as the other, bigger developer studios out there, and more than that, they really like to take their time. It's been stated over and over and over and over again that, in PD's world, each car in the game is being rendered for six months by just one artist and only that artist. This is to maintain consistency across all the cars. And for people who would argue that "why not just reuse the models from GT6", do you honestly want another GT5 Premium/Standard garbage fest? Really now. People call not having Spa included in this 1.13 update as "lazy"? The Premium/Standard case in GT5 IS lazy. I can't believe how "starting from scratch" is a bad thing to these bunch of ranters and whiners.

I don't understand why it's hard for people ranting and whining to think that the DLC that we are getting is FREE. Stuff we didn't have to pay for in the first place.
latest

That's self-entitlement for you. People these days are unbelievably spoiled, because of some developers and publishers who always feel the need to make their games bigger and bigger with each release, and at a faster rate. Because games get bigger at a rapid rate these days, people tend to expect more and more and more and more, and they want it now.

People don't understand (or refuse to understand no matter how valid or how factual the explanations thrown to their faces are) that developing games TAKE TIME. They require a lot of work, tons even. Example, Assassin's Creed. Ever wonder why Ubisoft managed to churn out an Assassin's Creed game every year in the previous years? Because they had multiple studios with lots of people working on different titles. For example, Studio A is working on the current game, while Studio B is working on the next game, etc etc. and so on. Polyphony Digital, on the other hand, is just one studio. One. One studio with really not as much people as the other, bigger developer studios out there, and more than that, they really like to take their time. It's been stated over and over and over and over again that, in PD's world, each car in the game is being rendered for six months by just one artist and only that artist. This is to maintain consistency across all the cars. And for people who would argue that "why not just reuse the models from GT6", do you honestly want another GT5 Premium/Standard garbage fest? Really now. People call not having Spa included in this 1.13 update as "lazy"? The Premium/Standard case in GT5 IS lazy. I can't believe how "starting from scratch" is a bad thing to these bunch of ranters and whiners.

I don't understand why it's hard for people ranting and whining to think that the DLC that we are getting is FREE. Stuff we didn't have to pay for in the first place.

Amen to that!

It human nature to complain about anything even if the good or bad. You can't do anything about it. If next up date future super Gt and the track Fuji speed way. People will complain about it.

I feel like all this free DLC that PD has been giving out is causing some problems in the community. It seems like people are starting to act like things that were never promised are now owed to them, and are posting rants and getting upset over how things don’t go exactly how they envisioned. They could pull the plug on free dlc after March if they wanted too, there’s nothing written anywhere saying that all DLC must be free. Heck, they weren’t even obligated to make additional content from the start.

If the next real world track was paid DLC, how would the community react?

If it's worth it i would buy it.

I think the new layout of blue moon is awesome, I had a lot of fun this morning (and I really don't like pure ovals !)

The "not another oval" complaint makes no senses, the layout is great and only share half of the oval (1 turn, 1 straight, 1 turn, kind of pattern which basically exists on almost every track :D ... Plus, the last turn has a quite specific angle).

I clearly understand the "I would prefer a new track, not a new layout", I would love a deep forest or laguna, or whatever with a new "scenery/feeling", but to me, when racing, layout is more important than the scenery. When driving for pleasure (testing cars, time trial, etc...), I feel the environment is more important though.

Like the Updates, PD never promised us every month a new Layout/Track, but we get it. I don't now why a lot of people complaining. We get more than PD says before. Of course i want Leguna Seca, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Spa, but we get also Monza that nobody exepted.

And from now we get all for FREEEEEEEEEE

Remember, however, that to create a real track on GTS, I think I have read, that it takes 9/10 months and certainly we can not have tracks constantly, in relative short times, especially with the technical quality of PD.
Then I remind those who complain, that the game will soon do SIX months, I would like to see a game of this kind that in 6 months has put all the stuff that is putting PD in the game.

Can anyone point out where PD stated that with each new update a Real World track would be added to the game. All these people that are so self-entitled, ohh were is Spa,Silverstone,PD are terrible blah blah blah. We just got another bunch of cars for free, 2 very good blue moon bay layouts and a host of tweaks and improvements to the game, no other racing game gives you so many free cars and support. I love this update as I have loved all of them since the games launch, well done PD keep up the great work.

Hello guys. Is there a way to email Gtsport or its producers? I would like to request some things for them, since it has been 4 months since the game was released and some essential things were not made available ...

I feel like all this free DLC that PD has been giving out is causing some problems in the community. It seems like people are starting to act like things that were never promised are now owed to them, and are posting rants and getting upset over how things don’t go exactly how they envisioned. They could pull the plug on free dlc after March if they wanted too, there’s nothing written anywhere saying that all DLC must be free. Heck, they weren’t even obligated to make additional content from the start.
I've never understood this notion that just because it's free DLC people don't have the right to be displeased or at least disappointed with the content. I personally couldn't care less if it's free or not. The frustration with a lot of people right now stems from the lack of tracks in this game from the get go. Spa, Le Mans, Laguna Seca, Deep Forrest, Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Fuji, Silverstone etc. I understand it may be unreasonable to expect all of those at launch, but to me it doesn't make any sense why at least a couple of those weren't in the game while BB Raceway, Northern Isle, Tokyo Expressway, Alsace, etc were. A lot of the time spent on making those tracks could have gone into tracks that people actually want. There seems to be a disconnect between PD and the community on that front. We will wait and see what comes in the next update(s), but if PD doesn't add 3-5 more NEW tracks, the online community will continue to dwindle even more then it already has. Blue Moon layout is nice but it does very little to improve the longevity of this game. Especially since pretty much every game or sim you would consider a rival of GT Sport has a far superior track selection.

If the next real world track was paid DLC, how would the community react?
I think you would be surprised how many people would be willing to pay for track DLC.

Last edited:
:)) It's really cute that you would think 3 other games (PCars 2 included, Assetto and F1 2017 got almost identical feels - mind you, Assetto does the simulation that Ferrari F1 drivers use for training ;) ) got it WRONG (even though the feel is natural), but a fictional F1 car done by PD in GTS (which is knows for unfortunately not having the best physics anymore, not by far) is the only one that got it RIGHT, considering, besides the broken h-shifter and ABS implementation, you can literally slam the car on any 90 degrees turns on Brands Hatch, with no TC, and the car is still stuck to the road.

Really cute, but horribly wrong.
Better show us the video where you enter a 90 degree turn on full throttle without TC and the car is still stuck to the road.

The most important thing that is lacking here is new tracks. Don't get me wrong I like the addition of new layouts of existing tracks but only if this comes with brand new tracks. If they will be realeasing 1 new track per 2-3 months. This mean that we will have only 4-6 new tracks per year. I think that we don't get the number of tracks that other racing games have, which is very unfortunate....

Can anyone point out where PD stated that with each new update a Real World track would be added to the game. All these people that are so self-entitled, ohh were is Spa,Silverstone,PD are terrible blah blah blah. We just got another bunch of cars for free, 2 very good blue moon bay layouts and a host of tweaks and improvements to the game, no other racing game gives you so many free cars and support. I love this update as I have loved all of them since the games launch, well done PD keep up the great work.

I wouldn't be surprised if their initial release schedule was more spaced out and with new courses. These variant track layouts are great and seem like a reasonable solution for them to keep up an increased output pace to accommodate the player base's initial reaction to the lack of content.

Better show us the video where you enter a 90 degree turn on full throttle without TC and the car is still stuck to the road.

Why would I show you? Don't you have GTS? It's really easy to replicate - take the F1 car, load up Brands Hatch, and after barely exiting Hawthoms and/or Stirlings, slam the throttle after passing the apex. I would however like to point out that I did NOT specify that I ENTER the turn on full throttle, it's just that when you exit it, you can easily slam the throttle full on while still in the curb and it sticks to the road even when the infamous turbo kicks in - something that isn't achievable even in today's F1 cars, in case you follow F1 of course - and yes, I've closely followed F1 for almost 20 years now and am a huge fan of Renault.

Tom
Really hope you all enjoy the Circuit Experience for Monza. It was great fun to record something for one of the most historic circuits!

Really love to know what else you've been recording recently track wise !

No reply expected - I know you can't tell us (even if its nothing) from a contractual perspective.

Keep up the good work anyway :cheers:

Why would I show you? Don't you have GTS? It's really easy to replicate - take the F1 car, load up Brands Hatch, and after barely exiting Hawthoms and/or Stirlings, slam the throttle after passing the apex. I would however like to point out that I did NOT specify that I ENTER the turn on full throttle, it's just that when you exit it, you can easily slam the throttle full on while still in the curb and it sticks to the road even when the infamous turbo kicks in - something that isn't achievable even in today's F1 cars, in case you follow F1 of course - and yes, I've closely followed F1 for almost 20 years now and am a huge fan of Renault.
It’s actually pretty normal that games like this don’t like/don’t want to replicate that massive turbo lag, would you imagine poor guys with the controller trying to hold the car with an analog stick and trigger instead of a wheel+pedal? It would be awful. The F40 already should’ve had turbo lag but there isn’t, we have to kinda accept that we won’t ever get that type of simulation in GT. (this of course if they don’t decide one day to go full sim but I doubt it)

If a single car takes six months to create, how long does a complete race track take?
Maybe they're already busy with new tracks, but it's a lot more complicated. Fix bugs and errors?

Just enjoy the free updates and keep excited for the next one.

Back