Gran Turismo Sport 1.13 Update Now Available

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by mastretta_mx, Feb 28, 2018.

1. GTFraker

GTFraker

Got to be the most important update to the game for me, good job PD :cheers:

IngRobNy, manos147 and MightyL like this.
  2. PsuPepperoni

PsuPepperoni Premium

less than 3 Gigs

3. RedlineRacer

RedlineRacer

4. J91patriz

J91patriz

I see your point and take it but by this token we could then throw literally anything in there and that would count towards racing, even trolley karts with a lawnmower engine :lol:

If we are talking quality though it seems people were more in line with my thinking judging by what I read also in this forum.

I am totally for variation of cars and tracks, but first they are still a long way to deliver on the core of the game with more (recent) sports cars and real life tracks

tofuhero likes this.
  5. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

All posts from the time the servers went down in prep for the 1.13 update have been moved into their own dedicated thread. :tup:

6. MidnightRush

MidnightRush

so I got Gravel downloading on my Xbox and now the GT Sport update downloading....
    I'm looking forward to playing both :)

TroyOhla96 likes this.
  7. rex1825

rex1825

Lord Protector likes this.
  8. SkyArkz23

SkyArkz23

So i've been testing the infield layouts and I noticed something.... the end of T1 seems to have a bit of negative camber to it. anyone else feel it as well?

Senna52 likes this.
  9. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

**HEAVY BREATHING INTENSIFIES**

I'm not gonna get over this for quite a while :eek:

I laughed way more than I should at this :lol:

Max_HP, TypeOne, Dan and 8 others like this.
  10. Senna52

Senna52

Bit tough to tell. It’s pretty flat, plus you have the banking on the right side so it may be a bit of an illusion. Lot of time to be gained or lost in that corner though and there are a few ways to take it. I really like the layout.

The penalties definitely seem harsher though and you need to bleed them off much quicker. Ghosting seemed to work more effectively in the few races I ran tonight as well.

Turbo Racer 48 likes this.
  11. SkyArkz23

SkyArkz23

that's refreshing to hear. also the only reason I say it's off camber is due to how shaky the cars feel. it's almost as if it punishes you for riding the inside too long

12. djidane57

djidane57

i think its normal the F1 car is group X since its the only car of its kind

Dan, Lubeify100, GT6mebe and 2 others like this.
  13. tofuhero

tofuhero

That was in the patch notes, but how exactly did you know you had to bleed them off quicker? The patch notes made it seem like you'd get an additional DR ding if you didn't serve it immediately or something, but I did a practice lobby and didn't notice anything different except the flashing penalty.

14. Islaygaz

Islaygaz

Could the 97T issue be that Lotus would not allow any livery editing at all so PD thought ok we'll make our own that is 99.99% identical!

15. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

Another solid update. Fair variety of cars, some new tracks to learn, more offline races to run, cleaned up the UI about, more scapes, they're addressing some of the online racing issues as well by the sounds of it.

Personally, I didn't give a poo about the Lotus - I'm not an F1 fan, I don't care about Senna particularly, and I probably wouldn't have bothered with it... so I actually prefer the way PD have done this... it means you can line up on the grid in a field of equal cars, but aren't supposed to be the same actual car. It kind of makes it seem more 'valid' than a grid full of an Aytrton Senna car, which will mean the liveries won't seem quite out of place.
    .. plus, if they're doing open wheel with fake formula cars, it makes it easier to bring in a newer looking one too.

IngRobNy, Snake55wildcat and Gejabo like this.
  16. tofuhero

tofuhero

I'm kind of surprised there were no BoP changes posted. I certainly don't think the Gr.3 class (and probably Gr.1) is properly balanced yet.

TenderLoins and ThePotatoKing like this.
  17. Ande3200

Ande3200

Great update with great cars. Looking most forward to buy the aventador My favorite lambo ever made. I was hoping for w new track but i will be fine of what we got. Hopefully we see a brand new track in march. They still bring awesome content each month and makeing the game so Much better

superlagger likes this.
  18. AKps3

AKps3

Tried to Drift with the Subaru Falken Tires / Turn 14 Distribution BRZ '17
    It wants to kill you:lol:

19. Cayit

Cayit

With this Update how many Cars are now in the Game...?

20. snowgt

snowgt

205, I think.

TheNuvolari and Cayit like this.
  21. eran0004

eran0004

But it makes you think that they can magically boost the creation of new locations by simply stop making the fast and easy work on creating new variations?

Here is what it boils down to: you can get maybe three new tracks per year, plus twenty new variations. Or you can get 3.1 new tracks per year and no new variations. Given the initial low track count, it's far better to sacrifice .1 tracks per year to make all those new variations.

Of course it's cheap. That's what makes it possible to do them so quickly. It doesn't add as much as an entirely new track, but it adds something at least. And since they are cheap, they don't limit the work on other tracks that much.

And that's a bad thing, because...?

22. Emerald1968

Emerald1968

That Pantera my god it sounds phenomenal.

23. Big_M

Big_M

x

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  24. HellzFire

HellzFire

No bop changes is disappointing.

The bmw will continue to be massively op. Both cars.

GT Sport, TenderLoins, ivann and 3 others like this.
  25. MightyL

MightyL

That new A110 is a goddess. New favorite to tackle the nordschleife... hell yea the sound of the pantera OMG. and when i read they opened up the infields of that oval I wasn't excited at all but damn I actually do like the design. Great stuff all for free.

26. J91patriz

J91patriz

I don’t think I said it will make them faster, but if according to you it takes them close to no effort to make these variations then go for it.

I am a bit more sceptical that it takes them no time given the way they work and how slow they’ve been in these years.

It also tells me a lot that instead of focusing on actual tracks at release they have come up with all sorts of absurdities - the already discussed ovals and rally.

And to add these it took years and also considerable delay...

On the compass tracks I find personally absurd when in a lobby I have to check whether it’s north south west east or north reverse, east reverse etc... just for a few chopped corners.

Poor Magione has been cut in thousand pieces just to add track count when the original is just plain better

BrunusCL82 likes this.
  27. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

First quick test of the news 12 cars. I just can say congrats to the PD master tuner. In my opinion it´s a 1 man job. Al the cars are greats and showing their right behaviors according to their drive train , weight repartition and tires size , power also , the Falken BRZ is a real serial killer :lol:.
    What makes me say it´s a one man job is the fact that all the cars handle very well but they don´t go very deep in the specific behaviors for each one , perhaps not enough time for this. Anyway , we have some good settings options to fine tune the way we want.

My top 5 :
    MR2 GTS
    Detomaso pantera
    Aventador
    F1500 T (a lot of paramters to play with for specific tunes)
    WRX Isle of Man

Great job PD.

28. AKps3

AKps3

De Tomaso Pantera '71 Gameplay + Replay on Monza

GT Sport, AlexDB9, marcvic and 7 others like this.
  29. Macboyilija

Macboyilija

- Added some nice cars. Even a completely new car.
    - All cars can be bought for only 2.7 million or 1.7 million without the Formula car which is cheat !
    - Formula Car can be made own livery which will make nice races online
    - Deep black was added !
    - De Tomaso Pantera was wanted by many fans !
    - DR has been changed upon long request for collisions
    - SR is changed probably easier to get a clean race bonus nowu
    - Blue Moon is nice with the indoor road
    - Monza added to the circuit experience upon requests
    - Always some nice undocumented changes

I can only say deep respect to PD for giving this all free. Of course new track would be welcome but they will come in the future. Free or not doesnt matter to me.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    LeoStrop, IngRobNy, girabyt3 and 8 others like this.
  30. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

DeTomaso Pantera alone makes me extremely happy.

de-tomaso-pantera-1.jpg pantera-remains-king-of-italo-american-exotic-sports-cars-1476934831339-1000x666.jpg

Also MR2 is great but I hope they add this type instead tbh.
    1-Car_tcm-3060-793795.png

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Antonio_1989, AlexDB9, Dan and 10 others like this.