Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
F50 and P1 GTR are models from Driveclub. Compare for yourself, look at the details in both games. So I think in future we can expect more cars from driveclub coming to GTS
No they aren’t. Driveclub models would look unsightly in this game, they’re significantly lower in polys. They aren’t bad but definitely a big step down from the cars already in it. If they just put DC models in it then why not do all of them?

I absolutely appreciate the support PD are showing the game, I really do. I just wish they'd poke their heads up a bit, there's SO MUCH potential that is locked away in this game.

True. Then again, we don't really know how busy the team is behind the scenes.

- A new street track is really not what we need, surely there are some B-Level real tracks that won't want a fortune to model (like Oschersleben for e.g)

First, I wouldn't classify Tokyo Expressway as a street track when compared to the likes of Rome, Madrid or Tokyo R246. Yes, it's a public road but also a freeway offering a totally different driving style from what conventional street tracks do. Besides, I believe there's some sub-cultural phenomenon revolving around Tokyo's freeways in JDM circles. That said, I'm not sure why PD decided on more Expressway configurations when their efforts could have prioritized the revival of something like Tokyo R246.

Second, do we have reason to believe that Oschersleben is to cheaper to license than any other track? It being smaller and less famous means nothing in case those in charge of sharing the license are a greedy bunch.

Third, money spent on licensing probably affects the budget to license other stuff. So if PD went ahead and licensed Oschersleben, then there would be less money to license the tracks that resonate with everyone, such as Spa and Silverstone. It's crucial that PD first and foremost preserves mass appeal.

Is the servers back up? Because I made significant progress while the servers were offline and I still can't reconnect to the servers so that I can save :/

Where did the Datsun 240Z that everyone talked about go? :confused:
Look under Gran Turismo in the Asian region of Brand Central.
So it is included? It were not in the trailer.
It was:

ithinkyoullfinditwere.jpg

It's the last of the seven cars shown, at 1:00.

Is the servers back up? Because I made significant progress while the servers were offline and I still can't reconnect to the servers so that I can save :/
The servers are back up yes, but you will not be able to save the game until you have updated it. Just like every other update, and the reason why we put this in every update article:
As usual, the online services of GT Sport will be unavailable during the maintenance period and then until you update the game. This includes the game save function, so be sure to save manually well ahead of the maintenance window.

The servers are back up yes, but you will not be able to save the game until you have updated it. Just like every other update, and the reason why we put this in every update article:
Yes I updated it and thereafter, I was playing through circuit experiences winning some nice cars while the maintenance was going on. Once the maintenance period was over I tried reconnecting but it wouldn't reconnect :/ I don't want to lose the progress I made but if I have to restart the whole game then that's what I'll do. :(

Edit:
Restarted the game and the servers are up.... Wow well let me redo these circuit experiences

Last edited:
Obviously not the same models.

Driveclub gameplay photomode - can see the lower polygonal mesh causing weird shading/shadows in Driveclub
DRIVECLUB20181205112.png

GTSport gameplay photomode
45bGranTurismoSPORT2018.png

Driveclub Garage photomode
DRIVECLUB20181205105.png

GTSport fully tessellated scape
58fGranTurismoSPORT2018.png

Driveclub Garage photomode
DRIVECLUB20181205110.png

f8bGranTurismoSPORT2018.png

Driveclub Garage photomode - front end bumper completely missing the indentation where it meets the hood
5e9DRIVECLUB20181205105.png

e05GranTurismoSPORT2018.png

I´d rather have the most modern version of the Vette instead of this 'vintage' Vette

:lol:

Attachments

• Nürburgring Type V_88.jpg
    Nürburgring Type V_88.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 48
Doing some ping tests, I have a suspiction PD changed the place of the North American region servers too.

I got 110-120 before update, getting 145 now on my american account.

South/Central American servers are located in São Paulo. 100% sure.

Back