Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
The P1 is the most fun car to drive in GT Sport.
upload_2018-12-18_10-19-30.gif

Haha. I was going to ask - where are you driving it?

And is it because I am a pad user? I didn't find it fun. Fast, yes. Fun, no.

We have been out for 6 weeks (a lot of work going on :lol: + HDMI port gave up (playing GT6 for the last week actually, it works as a sort of methadone)
I was wondering if the throttle map has improved with the last update.

We have been out for 6 weeks (a lot of work going on :lol: + HDMI port gave up (playing GT6 for the last week actually, it works as a sort of methadone)
I was wondering if the throttle map has improved with the last update.

Is it still non-linear? yes.

It's been long overdue, but I have to say, this update is one of the best yet. The new Tokyo Expressway layouts are fantastic, and the cars that I managed to get from the new batch are just amazing. It's surprising how they all have great handling, and the ones that surprised me the most are the Firebird and the F50. The Firebird is a muscle car, yeah? I haven't got the C2 Vette and P1 GTR yet, but I'm willing to bet that those two are amazing as well.

The Firebird is a muscle car, yeah?

That's debatable. Once emissions regulations set in, it took GM a good 15 years to figure out a competent fuel injected V8. Everything inbetween that period (including the Smokey & Bandit T/A) was ~150hp smogger junk. Closer to a Pony Car or maybe even a grand tourer.

Finally got to put some laps on the new Tokyo layouts. I chose the MIGHTY :cool: Corvette C7 Stingray for the South Inner Loop:

VR onboard hotlap:

Hotlap replay:

I know I’m late to the party, I just popped GTS in last night after a few months off, and was pleasantly suprised to see a new Tokyo layout. So far these have been my favourite tracks in GTS, just for cruising around and putting miles on.

When I saw the new circuit maps, I was really excited, but was a little disappointed to discover that both new Tokyo circuits are shorter and more cramped that I had hoped for. To me the new ones feel almost identical to the older Central routes. Also not a fan of the chicane, I wish there was a version of the circuit without it. I get that it’s fun for touring car racing, but for street cruising, Wangan and Kanjo style racing, it kind of kills the flow and emmersion.

Overall I’m still happy to see the new circuit, but it’s not entirely what I was hoping for. I really want to see some Tokyo combined layouts, and a return of a really long high speed section like SSR7 or SSRX.

Back