Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
Ummmmm.....so the update is 2.8 gb, I have 32 gb of storage, and it says it can't download because there isn't enough room.
That's due to the PS4 file system, and it's totally normal:
Every PS4 game needs enough free space to install the entire game again in order to update that game.
That's completely normal. PS4 games require enough free space for the entire install in order to update.
When updating a game you need at least the same amount of free space on your console's hard drive as the game install itself occupies, plus the size of the download. GT Sport occupies 88.61GB of space on your hard drive, so you need to have at least 88.61GB of free space or it'll say you don't have enough free space.
This game tires me the hell out....
This applies to all PS4 games.

F50 and P1 GTR are models from Driveclub. Compare for yourself, look at the details in both games. So I think in future we can expect more cars from driveclub coming to GTS

This applies to all PS4 games.

Odd. My Fallout 76 update doesn't do that. If it did, no way would it be able to download and install the update as it's doing right now. If memory serves, that game is around 58gb and it wouldn't work with my 32gb available.

Yes, textures are stylized like any others in GTS, but models are the same.

It's cool, because now is big chance that we will have XJ220, Regera, One:1 and other cool stuff

If true this is excellent nothing wrong from sharing assets together.

If t10 and pg do it nothing wrong with PD taking from Driveclub.

Driveclub has some awesome rides .

F50 and P1 GTR are models from Driveclub. Compare for yourself, look at the details in both games. So I think in future we can expect more cars from driveclub coming to GTS
Yeah i kinda had a feeling about that cause of the sound it just reminds me of the p1 gtr from dc to much.

Yeah CJ, please share?

Clearly buried in the spaghetti bowl of menus somewhere.

p. s. I've been GT'ing since Gran Turismo 1, hardly a noob. But maybe that just means I see issues others don't and am happy to call them out, rather than pretend this is a 10/10 title that can do no wrong..

For someone who is trying to be objective you come across more jaded than objective. Especially when you describe many aspects of the game, hard to see any one good thing be said. Those few good things you do say seem tacked on to save face. Also some of your complaints aren't really going toward trying to be objective and call out PD as a means for them to improve but rather subjectively complain. For example you claim the F50 sounds like an old Datsun (maybe you got confused with the Han Datsun in the same update), yet doing a quick comparison to what can be found it sounds nearly spot on.

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78

K.I.T.T. ????

That was the 82 Trans Am

I'm not sure what to think about the new Tokyo routes. The two layouts are for the most part fast-flowing, which is nice, but the scenery may be the coldest we've seen so far, especially in the daylight hours. The abandoned city vibe is unprecedented here. Not even the moving train compensates for the lifeless atmosphere. Though, it's better at night and there seems to be quite a few nods back to the classic SSR5 and SSR11 tracks.

Update is awful

I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely not up there with the ones from September and November.

Odd. My Fallout 76 update doesn't do that. If it did, no way would it be able to download and install the update as it's doing right now. If memory serves, that game is around 58gb and it wouldn't work with my 32gb available.
Also, it says it needs 27.79gb of space, so what your saying isn't correct. Appreciate the reply though.
The PS4's file system (Orbis OS, based on FreeBSD, using the ZFS file system) - and the PS3's file system before it, which was pretty much the same - updates existing files by:
* Download update file into free space
* Write temporary version of original file in free space
* Apply update to temporary version of file
* Verify new file
* Write new file over original file

With game updates, the original file is the entire game install. Sometimes, it doesn't need to take the whole game - sometimes it can get away with only taking a 4GB block (in which case it will need 8GB + reserved space) - but typically anything that includes content and bug fixes will need to take the whole game. Ever wonder why the "Copying" takes longer than the download? It's because the PS4 is writing the entire game file to HDD twice.

In addition FreeBSD reserves 8% of any HDD by default. So that means that if you have a 500GB PS4 and are getting lucky with a narrow-focus update requiring only a 4GB block, you'll need 48GB of free space to apply an update. Or rather 46GB, as FreeBSD reports disk space differently.

On the bright side, it also means that the disk never gets fragmented, so there's that.

The PS4's file system (Orbis OS, based on FreeBSD, using the ZFS file system) - and the PS3's file system before it, which was pretty much the same - updates existing files by:
* Download update file into free space
* Write temporary version of original file in free space
* Apply update to temporary version of file
* Verify new file
* Write new file over original file

With game updates, the original file is the entire game install. Sometimes, it doesn't need to take the whole game - sometimes it can get away with only taking a 4GB block (in which case it will need 8GB + reserved space) - but typically anything that includes content and bug fixes will need to take the whole game. Ever wonder why the "Copying" takes longer than the download? It's because the PS4 is writing the entire game file to HDD twice.

In addition FreeBSD reserves 8% of any HDD by default. So that means that if you have a 500GB PS4 and are getting lucky with a narrow-focus update requiring only a 4GB block, you'll need 48GB of free space to apply an update. Or rather 46GB, as FreeBSD reports disk space differently.

On the bright side, it also means that the disk never gets fragmented, so there's that.

Well hell lol. I rebuilt the database and now the download is 40gb roughly. At least it's working haha. Maybe by lunchtime I can check out the update. I have a 1TB external hard drive laying around here somewhere. Perhaps I can move some games I no longer play a lot of to that.

I'm pretty sure they are not. Driveclub models weren't created with tessellation in mind. Plus, PD would be too anal about using models from another developer's game that's 4 years old now. They started outsourcing, but according to the outsource employee who's been public, PD has been training them to keep up with their high standards which he said was challenging.

After one race on the new track in the GT-R event in the Beginner League, I like it. The scenery's better in the night-time setting than the other Tokyos, although they should still be GT3 SSR5-esque. Can't wait to see what sort of penalties happen online over the chicane on the back straight.

I absolutely appreciate the support PD are showing the game, I really do. I just wish they'd poke their heads up a bit, there's SO MUCH potential that is locked away in this game.

- A new street track is really not what we need, surely there are some B-Level real tracks that won't want a fortune to model (like Oschersleben for e.g)
- Utilising the A weekly race or even the B one to introduce low powered race cars, like 4 pot touring cars or the Ginetta Group 5 for example
- As above but utilising supercars, F40 or F50 for example, why these crappy N300 cars that slide all over the place?

Just feels like there's a ton of easy pickings they are not exploiting and are leaving room for other games to survive when they could about kill them off.

I absolutely appreciate the support PD are showing the game, I really do. I just wish they'd poke their heads up a bit, there's SO MUCH potential that is locked away in this game.

- A new street track is really not what we need, surely there are some B-Level real tracks that won't want a fortune to model (like Oschersleben for e.g)
- Utilising the A weekly race or even the B one to introduce low powered race cars, like 4 pot touring cars or the Ginetta Group 5 for example
- As above but utilising supercars, F40 or F50 for example, why these crappy N300 cars that slide all over the place?

Just feels like there's a ton of easy pickings they are not exploiting and are leaving room for other games to survive when they could about kill them off.

Like who exactly could they "kill off"?

You're acting as if the roster of tracks is mostly street-based, which is clearly not the case. They've also been adding real circuits. Prior to today, the last 3 updates have featured actual circuits (Red Bull Ring, Fuji Speedway, and Catalunya). And I'm sure we'll continue to get more of those in future updates.

If you're correct, this is an awesome news, the Driveclub car selection is amazing

Neat if true. There's some cool unique cars in that game and there's not going to be a sequel. The P1 GTR and a few others have manual kers and drs though in DC, wish PD would lift that too.

Some of those night screen shots of the new Tokyo track layout ALMOST look like Special Stage Route 5.

Any of the special stage routes from the original GT games would be more than welcome to show up as tracks.

This alleged change is not working by the way: "7. Controller - The DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller and steering controllers will now have an automatic switching system. When the throttle or brake on one type of controller is pressed while driving, that controller will be enabled and the other controller disabled."

People are still able to use de DS4 to be faster with the wheel, as you can see on this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/possible-new-bug-blinking-braking-indicator.383758/

Game is basically broken at the moment. If you know how to do the trick, you'll be miles faster.
Confirmed and it's not just a few more power , the difference is enormous.

Back