Gran Turismo Sport 1.38 Update Now Available: Five New Cars and More

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 595 comments
No, you missed my point.

The person you chose to respond to asked a question.

I answered the question.

You could have responded "on-topic", but instead you chose to respond "off-topic" and basically suggest they shut up, while in the same breath complain about people telling others to shut up.

When someone suggests that people are wrong for discussing Gran Turismo's free content in a negative light, then I'm not wrong to point out that nothing should stop them from doing so.

And your defence for doing this is because apparently they posted "off-topic", but of course it's perfectly fine for you to do so.

I didn't say anyone was off-topic. That's something you read into it because I used the word "on-topic" in a different context. Like I said, you missed my point. You seem to think I'm some high-horse prick thinking I'm better that the person I responded to, which is where you get it wrong.

New track coming soon
"Soon" is literally the most cursed word in the Gran Turismo dictionary
Yup. Soon might mean in roughly 1 year lol

Soon™.jpg

I wonder if they will stagger the release of updates through a whole month,that would give the devs some time to finish working on things and players will have new content for the whole month.

Example:
1st day of the month,cars
15th day of the month,track and maybe 2 cars

The Gordini has a roll cage in it, the Alpine is only the normal road car.

It should be on N100 anyways or in another category,Gr X is not the place for the gordini my personal opinion is that Gr X should be exclusive for VGTs and race/rally spec road cars should be in their own group or in existing groups.

"Soon" is literally the most cursed word in the Gran Turismo dictionary

Together with "free" and "rain"

Last edited:
Been loving the 86 and the 962. Especially the latter. Such a fun car for liveries. That said, the 962 kinda feels like a fish out of water compared to the other prototypes. It can keep up a bit, but only on longer races. Would be nice if we got a 80s/early 90s Group C/GTP series with the 962, 787B (idk if its in here yet.) And the Corvette GTP and Nissan and Toyota prototypes.

Been loving the 86 and the 962. Especially the latter. Such a fun car for liveries. That said, the 962 kinda feels like a fish out of water compared to the other prototypes. It can keep up a bit, but only on longer races. Would be nice if we got a 80s/early 90s Group C/GTP series with the 962, 787B (idk if its in here yet.) And the Corvette GTP and Nissan and Toyota prototypes.
Up the power (720bhp Level 1, over 900bhp Level 3) and it’s as competitive as the other Group C cars. May even be better on the twisty stuff as it has more downforce.

So watching our good pal Tidgney's stream last night he mentioned he had no idea about Goodwood.

So we are back at square one, still 3 real world tracks ready for GTS plus Goodwood. I have a feeling we won't see all those end up being released though.
On the broader point of updates it makes perfect sense to spread them out throughout the month. Keeps hype level high and discussion flowing. Also gives PD some breathing space if certain cars/tracks are behind schedule. Release half a dozen this week,
surprise us with a second update in few weeks time.

It’s also interesting to note the GT Twitter account is much more active in recent weeks. God forbid, they even interact with the community, and have DM’s open for feedback! I wouldn’t be surprised if the person running this account has been relaying back to PD these staggered updates and leaks are helping interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 - Correct, apart from the 787B: that car is in race trim and never had a qualifying trim/tune as the team focused purely on race pace for the 24hrs.
Actually it did have a qualifying trim

It’s quoted as being capable of 900 BHP unrestricted, was detuned to 700 BHP for most races and was detuned to 650 BHP (and a reduced 8,500 rpm limit) for Le Mans to maximise fuel economy.

So watching our good pal Tidgney's stream last night he mentioned he had no idea about Goodwood.

So we are back at square one, still 3 real world tracks ready for GTS plus Goodwood. I have a feeling we won't see all those end up being released though.
3? What do you mean? Only Goodwood has been confirmed.

As is the car that we got in the update. I'm not understanding the issue here.

The issue is, the analogue dash is the more popular one and has been in every other game that featured the car with cockpit view. It is an option and not the original dash, sure, but I would suspect PD would understand this is what the playerbase wants (or at least those who cared) given they are aware of Initial D links this car has (judging from the inclusion of Trueno SS Version in past games).

Anyway, I'm over it now. I just hope the SS Version comes in the future with the proper racing engine, some RS Watanabes and a proper 11k tach. Now I'm more angry about the Gordini being in Gr.X and the 962C not being the Le Mans spec.

The new Monza Group 1 racing is amazing for grinding, 330.000 (with clean race bonus) in just more or less 9 minutes.

X2014 race at La Sarthe pays out 345,000 with clean bonus, also in around 9 mins. I suspect the Gr.1 race is much easier to get the clean bonus though.

The issue is, the analogue dash is the more popular one and has been in every other game that featured the car with cockpit view. It is an option and not the original dash, sure, but I would suspect PD would understand this is what the playerbase wants (or at least those who cared) given they are aware of Initial D links this car has (judging from the inclusion of Trueno SS Version in past games).

Anyway, I'm over it now. I just hope the SS Version comes in the future with the proper racing engine, some RS Watanabes and a proper 11k tach. Now I'm more angry about the Gordini being in Gr.X and the 962C not being the Le Mans spec.

X2014 race at La Sarthe pays out 345,000 with clean bonus, also in around 9 mins. I suspect the Gr.1 race is much easier to get the clean bonus though.
The Monza race, just adds to the variety of grinding alternatives. Fuji was my go to, now Monza gives me another.

Up the power (720bhp Level 1, over 900bhp Level 3) and it’s as competitive as the other Group C cars. May even be better on the twisty stuff as it has more downforce.

On the broader point of updates it makes perfect sense to spread them out throughout the month. Keeps hype level high and discussion flowing. Also gives PD some breathing space if certain cars/tracks are behind schedule. Release half a dozen this week,
surprise us with a second update in few weeks time.

It’s also interesting to note the GT Twitter account is much more active in recent weeks. God forbid, they even interact with the community, and have DM’s open for feedback! I wouldn’t be surprised if the person running this account has been relaying back to PD these staggered updates and leaks are helping interest.
Actually it did have a qualifying trim

It’s quoted as being capable of 900 BHP unrestricted, was detuned to 700 BHP for most races and was detuned to 650 BHP (and a reduced 8,500 rpm limit) for Le Mans to maximise fuel economy.
Really interesting, might consider playing around with the setups.

In other 80s/90s racing news.

Please PD! Give us all that 80s and 90s IMSA goodness (with the large Goodyear lettering. Forza screwed that up so bad.)

The issue is, the analogue dash is the more popular one
Says who?

and has been in every other game that featured the car with cockpit view.
and what makes you think that's an intentional choice and that they don't just model the first clean Trueno they find?

but I would suspect PD would understand this is what the playerbase wants
Yes, because PD totally cares about what version of each car is the most popular among weeaboos.

Anyway, I'm over it now. I just hope the SS Version comes in the future with the proper racing engine, some RS Watanabes and a proper 11k tach
Does Shigeno's personal car have these modifications? Because that's what you're getting if it ever returns.

At this point, I'm genuinely hoping I'm not the only one who appreciates PD for modelling the AE86 GT-Apex with the digital dash. Having played with the AE86 in Forza, AC, and many other games, I didn't even know the analog dials weren't standard equipment/optional on the zenki GT-Apex.

EDIT: It was standard on the JDM 3door GT-Apex. Makes sense how the other games would model the analog dials as the 86s sold thete didn't have the digital dials. (CMIIW)

Says who?

and what makes you think that's an intentional choice and that they don't just model the first clean Trueno they find?

Yes, because PD totally cares about what version of each car is the most popular among weeaboos.

Does Shigeno's personal car have these modifications? Because that's what you're getting if it ever returns.

Look here, I was expecting the analogue dash. Didn't get it so was upset. Explained my thoughts. Got over it. No need to get so hostile and toxic. Christ. You'd think being a fan of a cartoon is a crime around these parts. Hilarious. I hope calling me a weaboo made you feel a bit more superior as a human being today.

SS Trueno has RS Watanabe rims and a tuned engine, but not the Group A one. Back in GT5/6 it revved to 10k rpm. So no, the 11k tach is just wishful thinking on my part. Not sure about the dash as I can't find any clear pictures of it online.

50257.jpg

GT6 in game description
Known in Japan as the "Hachi-Roku" (Eight-Six), the popularity of the AE86 Levin/Trueno platform has not diminished in the more than 25 years since it first appeared. And the Trueno here is of special interest - it is owned by Shuichi Shigeno, the author of "Initial D", a very popular comic book series in Japan in which the AE86 plays a pivotal role.

While chassis rigidity was improved by beefing up some body panels in key areas, the car's overall stock curb weight was reduced by about 100 kg, thanks to installing a carbon composite hood in place of the much heavier stock unit.

The AE86 enjoyed a long and varied tuning history, from carburetor conversions to superchargers to turbo kits. The method chosen for our car is perhaps the most common of AE86 upgrades: conversion to a 4-barrel throttle body. Further upgrades like high-compression pistons and a high-lift camshaft helped bring out the famous engine's character even more, imparting it with an exciting power curve where engine response felt sharp and the torque delivered generously with increasing revs.

A powerful MoTeC engine control unit was utilized for superior control, enabling the engine to attain a 207 HP maximum output, which is very close to the physical limits under normally aspirated tune. The exhaust system made use of an HKS manifold and Trust muffler to extract the most performance from the engine...plus it sounded really nice.

The new Monza Group 1 racing is amazing for grinding, 330.000 (with clean race bonus) in just more or less 9 minutes.

Impossible given how the AI is stupid to the point of actually being unacceptably dangerous if this is was a real life situation, especially when it comes to the high speed turns, they're taking each apex 30-50mph slower than you should via this dumb random panic-brake thing they do mid-corner and they slow down to 30-40mph for the Ford Chicane.

Then on top of this, since the new update they no longer have any actual awareness of where the player car is which means you pretty much have to pass them on the straights or they'll turn-in on you, push you wide, or spin you out.

3? What do you mean? Only Goodwood has been confirmed.

Right, nothing is confirmed, but Tidgney, a streamer and who's been to every live event etc said he has either seen a dev version of the game or was told by the devs(I can't remember how he knows), that there are 3 real world tracks ready for GTS. He knows what they are but can't say, obviously. He said 2 were pretty obvious additions, the other was a shocker. When Goodwood was leaked he said he had no idea about that one.

It could all be BS but Tidge seems like a pretty honest fellow. And PD may have shown them this and don't plan on releasing anything for GTS at all and they could just be in there for testing for the next release or something.

Here's to hoping anyways. :cheers:

Look here, I was expecting the analogue dash. Didn't get it so was upset. Explained my thoughts. Got over it.
Doesn't sound like it.

No need to get so hostile and toxic.
May I ask what's hostile and toxic about my post, aside from the token use of the word "weeaboo" which isn't even directed exclusively towards you?

The whole point of said comment was that PD doesn't really care about what media a car has appeared in, in regards to which ones they're adding to the game, and they're certainly not gonna nitpick about what options a car has because it doesn't look exactly like one that showed up in a manga twenty-odd years ago.
Christ. You'd think being a fan of a cartoon is a crime around these parts.
komithonksmall.PNG

Hilarious. I hope calling me a weaboo made you feel a bit more superior as a human being today.
May I ask why I should feel superior than you over a trivial discussion on an internet forum?

PD knows that the Trueno is known for the anime,my theory is that they choose the digital dial because it makes the car stand out compared to other games and it gives a new look for a car we've known for years.Many didn't even know the AE86 had a digital dial i'm one of them and PD ended up teaching me something new about the car.

PD knows that the Trueno is known for the anime,my theory is that they choose the digital dial because it makes the car stand out compared to other games and it gives a new look for a car we've known for years.Many didn't even know the AE86 had a digital dial i'm one of them and PD ended up teaching me something new about the car.

Before I had a chance to see the cockpit view and digital dash for myself I had read many people on here complaining about it. Many of us had become accustomed to the analog dash from past GT titles and with the amount of people saying this completely ruined the car for them I was expecting some generic copy and paste digital layout.
But once I got to see it first hand that wasn't the case at all. It digital dash is very detailed and 100% looks like it is from that era and far away from being some copy and paste rush job.
Now we find out that this digital dash was actually in some of the AE86 cars. But even if it wasn't an original dash it sure didn't deserve all the negative criticism it was receiving. Especially with the level of detail PD put into it all for free.

I personally like the new dash much better than the analog one because its much easier to read in all GT lighting. Hats off to PD for going to the extra trouble of giving us something that was factory but wasn't widely known about because they could have taken the easy road on this one.

Back