Gran Turismo Sport 1.38 Update Now Available: Five New Cars and More

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 595 comments
So weird how popular Initial D is. I thought the 86 was so well known because of that old fishing guy in Fast Furious Tokyo Drift.

m0jpa4ijp3v01.gif

Right, nothing is confirmed, but Tidgney, a streamer and who's been to every live event etc said he has either seen a dev version of the game or was told by the devs(I can't remember how he knows), that there are 3 real world tracks ready for GTS. He knows what they are but can't say, obviously. He said 2 were pretty obvious additions, the other was a shocker. When Goodwood was leaked he said he had no idea about that one.

It could all be BS but Tidge seems like a pretty honest fellow. And PD may have shown them this and don't plan on releasing anything for GTS at all and they could just be in there for testing for the next release or something.

Here's to hoping anyways. :cheers:
Unless you hear the news from PD themselves, I wouldn't pay attention to anything said by anyone else. PD aren't exactly known for being truthful outside of official announcements.

There used to be a Corolla AE86 in my hometown in the 1990s, often parked in some bland side alley. Back then I was only a kid who didn't really know what the car represented, but I do remember finding it cooler and rarer than the average boxy cars of the time. I have since learned from my older brother that the owner consulted my late dad, who was like a living automotive encyclopedia, over whether or not to buy the car at the time. :)

Well, it didn't have an interior in GT6. Premium defined cars with interiors in the PS3 era.
Well, that's another problem that also many VGTs which just debuted in GT6 have, too.

I'm not sure why it was considered semi-premium. All I know is that some standard cars looked better than others.
Maybe they just looked more polished than the other standard cars in the game.

Last edited:
Correct, this game is the first where the AE86 is premium.

Then that really makes me wonder why so many people were complaining about it not having analog gauges and saying it completely ruined the car for them.
The only thing I've found that's annoying about the AE86 is the sound you get at a certain RPM. To me it sounds like I have my turn signal on the entire time.

Then that really makes me wonder why so many people were complaining about it not having analog gauges and saying it completely ruined the car for them.
The only thing I've found that's annoying about the AE86 is the sound you get at a certain RPM. To me it sounds like I have my turn signal on the entire time.
Not certain RPM. But if you reach more than 100 km/h.

It’s basically a high speed warning, it’s in the car IRL too.

Ok. Thanks for that Information. I'm not familiar with the real car at all.
As stated in a post above I think we got a different version of the AE86 in the US. I'm not sure if it warning sound was in our model or not.

Something has changed for sure at Poly. Some cars we have requested for years on PS3, (from GT5 prologue 2007 to GT6 2013). And today: Honda Beat, Subaru 22b sti, Supra RZ, Integra DC2, AE86 (!!!) and so on. Not bad for a game with a "small" car list.

Maybe that's it. Either way that sound is on 98% of the time. Does anybody know why and what it's function is?
It was compulsory on Japanese cars from the period, it's a warning sound that you are driving above 100 kmh. There is also a yellow light that turns on, check the dash once you hear the ding ding. I actually like it, just the same as the gear change sound in the FD.

So weird how popular Initial D is. I thought the 86 was so well known because of that old fishing guy in Fast Furious Tokyo Drift.

m0jpa4ijp3v01.gif
He is part of the legend that is the AE86... THAT video of him drifting up the mountain passes started the whole drift scene, and Initial D only capitalised on this legend to create an icon, both in pop culture and memes. The AE86 is just as significant as the Beetle, F40, Mini, Mustang, 911, Veyron etc.

That’s so backwards!
Market demand in Japan back in the 80's demands digital anything.

Its the same reason on why nowadays (for the mid to high end cars) the semi-auto paddleshift and auto transmission priced less than the stick shift manual. Doesn't make sense technologically but thats market demand for you.

The Rays TE37SLV, is your best option.
The Rays TE37SLV, is your best option.

I did what every Initial D fan does, made the Trueno from the first and second seasons then the Project D version from the 4th and 5th seasons. Then I made a a version from season 1 and two with a carbon fiber hood without the black headlight covers. I ended up putting some black Rays 57 Gainers. Why aren’t all the wheels available for each car? The 300ZX (Fairlady Z Z32) has the worst wheel selection in the game in my opinion. I hope they make more wheels available for some of the cars in the game.

Something has changed for sure at Poly. Some cars we have requested for years on PS3, (from GT5 prologue 2007 to GT6 2013). And today: Honda Beat, Subaru 22b sti, Supra RZ, Integra DC2, AE86 (!!!) and so on. Not bad for a game with a "small" car list.
They have Daihatsu as well.

Market demand in Japan back in the 80's demands digital anything.

Its the same reason on why nowadays (for the mid to high end cars) the semi-auto paddleshift and auto transmission priced less than the stick shift manual. Doesn't make sense technologically but thats market demand for you.

I was going to make that same point about the manuals.

I'm working my way through the new cars bit by bit.

The Porsche GR.C - well everyone's already discussed that. I've nothing to add except she's a beauty and takes the Porsche curves at Le Mans suitably well! As its at Race spec, not Qualifying Spec, add more power to make it an easier win.

The older Audi TT - needs boosting to keep up with the current version and has some understeer to deal with, and snap oversteer if you go past the limit on bends but eats up the ground when driving. It qualifies (and easily wins when boosted) for the 4WD Amateur GT league event by the way, as well as the obvious TT Tourist Trophy event.

It's also a comfortable win in the Real Circuit Tours Event at 393HP.

The Renault R8 Gordini is underpowered but a revelation handling wise. You can see why it was so successful in rallying. Unfortunately, it can only be used in the Competition de France event, but that's quite fun and a comfortable win, but you have to spec it up a lot to do so.

Next up is the Honda Fit Hybrid, which I note qualifies for the Amateur Hatchback event as well as the Beginner FF event.

I'm leaving the AE86 till last, looking forward to that. Again, it qualifies for the Amateur Hatchback event, which might have been missed by some, it's not likely to win the Beginner FR event though. I'll be entering the Japan races too, which are getting pretty crowded for options now(!), although it won't have enough power to win.

Neither the Fit nor the AE86 can be boosted high enough to win the Real Circuit Tours event.

PS I'm predicting 2 new races in the Hatchback event to be added next time round as the Fit and AE86 have been added to it, one of which I think will be at the Goodwood Circuit. I think there'll also be 2 new races for Amateur Historic event including one at Goodwood. I can't see an obvious event for Goodwood in the Professional league though.

The Renault R8 Gordini is underpowered but a revelation handling wise. You can see why it was so successful in rallying. Unfortunately, it can only be used in the Competition de France event, but that's quite fun and a comfortable win, but you have to spec it up a lot to do so.

I managed to win this event with the '72 Alpine, is the Gordini that much slower for similar spec? I would really need to buy one and try it.

I managed to win this event with the '72 Alpine, is the Gordini that much slower for similar spec? I would really need to buy one and try it.

The standard spec is 101hp but it's only about 880kg which means it's quicker than that sounds. Having said that you can spec it up all the way to 244hp which makes it a winner against the rest of l'automobile francais.

The issue is, the analogue dash is the more popular one and has been in every other game that featured the car with cockpit view. It is an option and not the original dash, sure, but I would suspect PD would understand this is what the playerbase wants (or at least those who cared) given they are aware of Initial D links this car has (judging from the inclusion of Trueno SS Version in past games).

Anyway, I'm over it now. I just hope the SS Version comes in the future with the proper racing engine, some RS Watanabes and a proper 11k tach. Now I'm more angry about the Gordini being in Gr.X and the 962C not being the Le Mans spec.

X2014 race at La Sarthe pays out 345,000 with clean bonus, also in around 9 mins. I suspect the Gr.1 race is much easier to get the clean bonus though.

The digital dash was standard fitment only on 1st generation Zenki AE86 3 Door GT Apex model trim, if you wanted analogue dash, you had to specify it when ordering the car. The 2 door Zenki, and the 2nd generation ( kouki ) 2 door and 3 door GT Apex didn't have digital dash as standard, it was special option, and the digital dash was JDM only.
Little trivia : GT Apex was the higher spec trim equipped with GT suspension, AE85 2 door had the soft comfort oriented suspension tune, the more hardcore trim was 3 door GTV which not only had minimal feature but also aggressive stiff "super tuned" suspension. GTV and GT Apex trim had the rear disc brakes and LSD available as an option.

Back