Gran Turismo Sport 1.38 Update Now Available: Five New Cars and More

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 595 comments
  • 82,708 views
Getting really tired of the "OLD CAR BAD NEW CAR ONLY REEEE" complaints and moans. If it bothers you that much, then maybe GT isn't the game for you, maybe play something like CSR2 where all the new, new cars you're looking for are added to that game the literal second they're announced at the most recent autoshow.

Don't quite understand this comment. At the time of release, the game very much focused on Gr.4, Gr.3 and Gr.1. It was a game about race cars. In the updates, there has been a considerable focus on road cars, a lot of which old (this isn't a complaint by the way), with very few additions to the 'race car' line-up.

There's been Gr.2, Gr.C (lumped in with Gr.1), a couple of Gr.3 cars such as the Ford GT, McLaren F1 and M2, plus Super Formula and a couple of other open wheelers. That isn't that much relative to the amount of free content that has been added over the last 18 months of this games life.

I think it is very fair to discuss the focus of updates on old road cars, and discuss that maybe important additions to the race car section would be more suitable considering the game was primarily focused on racing cars originally, for example so many of the more modern GT3 cars making an appearance, instead.
 
Can someone post the wheels that csn be used on the AE86. None of mine are accessible. From BBS to Rays. The TE37V should be an easy fit.

I saw 12 sets that will fit, and among them was the Rays TE37V-SL.

EDIT - I don't have that many wheels.....
 
Goodwood will be great for the lower N classes
 
This is when we need an offline Custom Race AI set up. We need the capability to assign up to 19 individual cars, to each AI. That or multiple filters. for each class.
 
Goodwood leaked? That’s cool! But we’ll have to wait,

again.

But Gordini in Gr.X, not cool.
 
I'm confused with the disappointment over the digital dash in the AE86. Isn't the digital dash correct? This a Japanese '83 GT Apex 3door they modeled, which from my understanding by default came with a digital dash?
 
The Fit and TT do nothing for me, just thoroughly unremarkable. Other 3 are great, no new track is a big disappointment, especially when they always find the time and resources for more scapes.
 
I'm confused with the disappointment over the digital dash in the AE86. Isn't the digital dash correct? This a Japanese '83 GT Apex 3door they modeled, which from my understanding by default came with a digital dash?
Apparently the Pokemon version is different and that is the one most people know.
 
Can't get the Fit as low as the 86 and R8. It'll do though.
 
Good car choices. The AE86 looks great. Don't like the idea that the R8 Gordini is Gr.X though.

No new track?? Okay, that doesn't bother me. Im good with that.
 
Gordini in Gr.X: well, as predicted by someone, it's going to be there due to its classification in GT6 as a Race Car instead of a Road Car according to someone (maybe resident classic car admirer @Volksauto predicted this?)
 
:D Pretty much very happy with this update even when there is no new track!

20190423082749.jpg
20190423082757.jpg
20190423082804.jpg
 
Only one car of interest and no new tarmac, I anticipate these updates are going to get stingier, with new content being held for GT7 now. Having just updated it, im turning it off and putting it back on the shelf, its become too repetitive an experience. If GT7 ends up being just an extension of sport would I buy it? Only if it had completely new tracks not remakes of existing ones from the series... I love this game but.... its like groundhog day yawn... I would kill for a mirror mode at least this would give it a bit of variation...
 
Last edited:
La mia opinione: tutti gli aggiornamenti non devono avere un GTSport migliore, ma devono permettere a GT7 o have more cars to start with. If them wanted to make a better GTSport I think the correct way was not to put more scapes or put more boring races in gt mode. They just forgot about rally, different weather or surfaces. My personal opinion
 
Awesome update just wondering why the Gordini is a GRX .
 
Don't quite understand this comment. At the time of release, the game very much focused on Gr.4, Gr.3 and Gr.1. It was a game about race cars. In the updates, there has been a considerable focus on road cars, a lot of which old (this isn't a complaint by the way), with very few additions to the 'race car' line-up.

There's been Gr.2, Gr.C (lumped in with Gr.1), a couple of Gr.3 cars such as the Ford GT, McLaren F1 and M2, plus Super Formula and a couple of other open wheelers. That isn't that much relative to the amount of free content that has been added over the last 18 months of this games life.

I think it is very fair to discuss the focus of updates on old road cars, and discuss that maybe important additions to the race car section would be more suitable considering the game was primarily focused on racing cars originally, for example so many of the more modern GT3 cars making an appearance, instead.

Totally agree with you...

In a game built around the Sport Mode and heavily marketed as an FIA approved game, I think the new M8 GTE would add far more value to the game than the Z8 .. It doesn't even have to be the latest of racecars, I'd personally much rather see an old Touring car than the Audi TT...

I personally didn't buy the game to drive slow and uninteresting road cars cars like the Atenza and such, so I ignore races with those cars...

I bought the game because I was perceived to believe that there would be a far greater emphasis on racecars (especially Gr.3 cars as they were called the "starts of the game" early on) but it's now evident I was wrong.. Because apparently GT Sport mainly about collecting a **** load of cars you'll barely ever drive and not a spin off game focused on a competitive all online mode..
 
Believe it or not but i also bought GT Sport because it's the only Gran Turismo game that is on PS4 and can't expect to go back to GT6 or older since their physics are totally different as well as the graphics.
GT Sport is in a weird spot either way and i'm at the point i'll just have to accept what we're getting until GT7.
 
Also, remember that twelve months ago, all we received for April was one track (Dragon Trail - Gardens) and one car (Toyota Supra Gazoo Racing Gr.3), so... They can take a break once in a while. I don't want them all to crunch every single month.

And following up that is a skipped month of updates, mainly due to the GW holiday. Hopefully more software content is coming soon asides from new cars and tracks, like the driver/helmet livery expansions and poses.
 
Lol if I was a developer at PD I would stay as far away as possible from this forum, for the sake of my own sanity. Endless complaining and badmouthing the devs, I would have a mental breakdown at this rate. Barely any appreciation for the hard work.
 
Lol if I was a developer at PD I would stay as far away as possible from this forum, for the sake of my own sanity. Endless complaining and badmouthing the devs, I would have a mental breakdown at this rate. Barely any appreciation for the hard work.
The weeb car doesn't have the dashboard from the cartoon, so all hard work is invalid.
 
Back