Gran Turismo Sport 1.38 Update Now Available: Five New Cars and More

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 595 comments
I love watching people in any way or form trying to defend Group X. Absolutely astounding and peculiar.

There's literally nothing good about it. I can't see the logic in defending it as a class. My apologies to those that disagree.

I just salivated thinking of the potential for hilarious BOP'd Gr.X shuffle races!
Something like that could be, Nostalgic Rally era. Where those(that) Gr.X cars could mingle with N cars. Like the Nostalgic 1979 events. Nostalgic Cars with roll cages/roll hoops only.

I just salivated thinking of the potential for hilarious BOP'd Gr.X shuffle races!
Easy, if you bring all cars to 120hp, and balance the weight, you get a good balance.
How ridiculous would it be, a race between a 120hp R8, 330p4, Bugatti vgt, SF (...).
All this together in goodwood.

Yeah I know, this idea is probably as "good" as putting the R8 in gr.X

A Gr.X single-make shuffle race would be my go to event online. I’ve exhausted how many times I can race at Fuji in Gr.2.....or a Tokyo race in a hatchback.

Give me a 330P race at the chicane-less Monza. Impreza Time Attack car on the Nordschleife. Zonda R at Le Mans. How about a single-make 962 (or Group C ) at the Nurburgring GP. Or the F1 GTR run at it’s full 600bhp/1000kg spec at Bathurst.

So many interesting combinations for Daily/Shuffle races.

Easy, if you bring all cars to 120hp, and balance the weight, you get a good balance.
How ridiculous would it be, a race between a 120hp R8, 330p4, Bugatti vgt, SF (...).
All this together in goodwood.

Yeah I know, this idea is probably as "good" as putting the R8 in gr.X

A Gr.X single-make shuffle race would be my go to event online. I’ve exhausted how many times I can race at Fuji in Gr.2.....or a Tokyo race in a hatchback.

Give me a 330P race at the chicane-less Monza. Impreza Time Attack car on the Nordschleife. Zonda R at Le Mans. How about a single-make 962 (or Group C ) at the Nurburgring GP. Or the F1 GTR run at it’s full 600bhp/1000kg spec at Bathurst.

So many interesting combinations for Daily/Shuffle races.

All these grX machines at 400-500hp/950kg would actually work, if they got the gears working.

We just need more extreme tuneability to make these funky online lobbies. :cheers:

Someone did a Levin RM livery:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the Discovery search feature is absolutely useless and I had to spend an hour trying to find this guy's PSN ID (backtracking from his latest livery and searching it manually on GT website). At long last I found it though :D

Levin RM: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/my-library/all/livery/4501493/1/7134343933766664240
Trueno RM: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/my-library/all/livery/4501493/1/8152167351061611040

Also found BP Apex liveries, got 2 versions as they are both excellent and slightly different. Can't decide which to keep :lol:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/my-library/all/livery/1023352/1/8296295729518872104
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/my-library/all/livery/2479876/1/8070451636619707960

I feel a touring car itch for the next update. TCR Japan starts this weekend as a support race for Super Formula at Autopolis.

There's a partnership between the two series. As Honda supply engines for the SF19, they also run in TCRJ. Was talk that Toyota don't have a TCR car in development... yet.
If TCR does arrive in GT Sport, I'm thinking Honda, VW and Audi.

Are there any hints already as to next update?

Car and trackwise?

Usually there is a discussion thread, but i failed to find it

We don't have the TS010 or TS020. Also, the 2018 TS050-Hybrid is quicker than the 2016. Most importantly it is only the second Japanese outright winner of Le Mans.

24h 2018 was a joke and the Toyota had zero competition. Was basically a one car category.

I would much rather have either of the aforementioned cars

its my impression or after the last update the hype about the next updates are low?

Hype is pretty low because there’s nothing to anticipate other than the Goodwood leak. And we don’t know when we’ll actually get that track.

Last edited:
its my impression or after the last update the hype about the next updates are low?
Mainly because the inclusion of a track can be varied now. In past updates, a track was always included, but now it’s just unknown. Though, Goodwood Circuit may be included in this update...

Last edited:
I noticed that in the Nation's Cup last week, it was a round of SF19's at Catalunya, which was during the race weekend of the F1 Spanish GP.

Now it's kinda La Sarthe Gr.3 in daily's (maybe also for next week) with 24h Le Mans coming up, so perhaps near the last week of the month we could see the streets of Monaco?

I'm trying to find patterns.

I noticed that in the Nation's Cup last week, it was a round of SF19's at Catalunya, which was during the race weekend of the F1 Spanish GP.

Now it's kinda La Sarthe Gr.3 in daily's (maybe also for next week) with 24h Le Mans coming up, so perhaps near the last week of the month we could see the streets of Monaco?

This weekend is SF and TCR Japan at Autopolis. SF are at Autopolis in the Daily Races this week.

This weekend is SF and TCR Japan at Autopolis. SF are at Autopolis in the Daily Races this week.
If you look at previous dailies and FIAs they've been doing this sort of thing for quite a while, though not all the time

Back