Gran Turismo Sport 1.43 Update Now Available: Five JDM Cars and Wet Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 524 comments
Did you tune your GTO? The ride height seems a lot lower than stock.
Yes. Looks better in replays. :) Which leads me to the post below. The number one reason why I play Gran Turismo from the first game to today... to watch the replays.

So I tried the new Gr. 2 GT League race around Red Bull Ring wet and it was fun. Was kind of a challenge but was worth it.

Here's a gif from the race I did. This was during the last lap of the race.

Yes. Looks better in replays. :) Which leads me to the post below. The number one reason why I play Gran Turismo from the first game to today... to watch the replays.

Nice. I'm trying to figure out a GTO tune for a classic JDM event this Saturday.

Nice. I'm trying to figure out a GTO tune for a classic JDM event this Saturday.
Yeah, slammed it right on its belly:

Springs: 2.0 F/R
ARB: 8 F/R
Camber: 2.5 F, 2.0 R
Toe: +25 F, - 50 R

It handles good with stock settings, but on rails when tuned. I'd tune the gearbox if I raced humans, but I leave it stock vs AI.

I’ve always liked the Levin more for some reason, so for me it’s far from pointless. As similar as they may be, they’re not identical, unlike the countless duplicates which they counted as different cars back in GT4. I mean, R34 Skyline GT-R’s alone took up 6 or 7 spots on the car list, and they looked EXACTLY the same.

I think it's holding PD to a very low standard if anything better than the Skyline duplicates is satisfactory.

I don't think the car list is nearly rounded enough to start including those additions.

It's just a nice low fat wide massive looking thing. Just that 4th and 5th gear. Maybe there will be a fix for it. I have found it builds speed quicker by short shifting 4th and 5th. It's also slightly quicker than the STI in Nations Free Practice, at Sardegna.

Oh yeah, feels very light and nimble.

EC-aHemUcAUF9To
Well it's no slouch but I wouldn't call it light and nimble. That honour goes the the S2000... Heck, the Impreza Coupe feels better than this. However I've only driven the GTO in the wet, so I don't have a clear indication of it's performance:lol:

One great thing about the rain is that you don't have droplets on the screen. I found it particularly distracting in DriveClub as it could obscure my vision quite significantly. Especially in the dark and low light conditions. That is a big plus for me.

Well it's no slouch but I wouldn't call it light and nimble.

Heavy and nimble fits the bill. It’s insanely capable in terms of tackling hairpins at full throttle without noticeable understeer. Maybe it’s the four-wheel steering being simulated.

Took the S2000 on the Nordschleife. The VTEC sounds absolutely glorious.

VR Hotlap/Interior Tour/Showroom (hotlap starts at 1:20):

I loved that car when it first came out in 2000, and drove the wheels off it for 3 years on Gran Turismo 2! Seattle Circuit and the Super Speedway were mega in it......What memories! :)

Tomorrow I'm gonna buy it, and give it a "nostalgic" work out! :D

Great VR video too mate!

Last edited:
The S2000 is SO well done!!

The model looks fantastic, and the driving model is super spot on. They didn't a great job on the audio as well. As someone who is very biased, so glad they did it justice in GT Sport!
It looks more amazing vs. the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo?

Try this again... It's nice to have rain in this multi-class event. :)
i1B1keTDzNM9D.jpg
Hold on you said multiclass event? There are two classes in this racing at the same time in these events? I admit i don't really touch this version of the campaign much the A.I. is not challenging enough.

Hold on you said multiclass event? There are two classes in this racing at the same time in these events? I admit i don't really touch this version of the campaign much the A.I. is not challenging enough.

There's normally a bunch of Gr.3 cars as well as the Gr.2 cars in these races.

Ai probably won't change anytime soon. So it's easy credits and points while still having fun driving. :D

Anyone else wondering how on earth PD pulls of those visuals on a PS4? I mean rain, particle effects, details and 20 cars on track. Most of the time running buthersmooth. The visual standard for this game really impresses me. I mean a lot.
This has to do with the nature of GTS, which is an easily updatable game, but above all the ease of development that this console has.
In the ps3 era (with everything working on a powerful console) they worked on too complicated hardware, which had to take too long and with many compromises to develop certain things. In that generation the PD has suffered a lot in terms of development.
With ps4 they have had a powerful machine that is simple to work with and starting from this solid base, they have created a new graphics engine (I think they trashed the one used on ps3 or otherwise heavily modified it) making it easily updatable and easy to modify.
For this I expect that on ps5 will have much less work to do for a possible GT7, because they will only need to update, where needed, what they already have (texure, polygons on the track, more cars, new particle effects, dynamic skybox like on driverclub that project dynamic shadows, best AI, etc.).
On ps5 I expect something crazy visually.

I noticed last night that, for the Hatchback races, the Trueno can be used, which has been the same since the car was added, but the new Levin isn't available for this event. Sounds like an oversight to me?

This has to do with the nature of GTS, which is an easily updatable game, but above all the ease of development that this console has.
In the ps3 era (with everything working on a powerful console) they worked on too complicated hardware, which had to take too long and with many compromises to develop certain things. In that generation the PD has suffered a lot in terms of development.
With ps4 they have had a powerful machine that is simple to work with and starting from this solid base, they have created a new graphics engine (I think they trashed the one used on ps3 or otherwise heavily modified it) making it easily updatable and easy to modify.
For this I expect that on ps5 will have much less work to do for a possible GT7, because they will only need to update, where needed, what they already have (texure, polygons on the track, more cars, new particle effects, dynamic skybox like on driverclub that project dynamic shadows, best AI, etc.).
On ps5 I expect something crazy visually.
The only thing many players here could hope for is that GT7 will be much better game than GT Sport, whether it's about playing it online, having lots of content, the tuning, the realism, graphics, etc.

I can really see that a lot of people have some sort of disappointment in this update. I’m not trying to tell if they should or shouldn’t be happy. Everyone has different standards.

Honestly for me, the PS4’s (weak) cpu is trying really hard to keep all of the game’s engines running smoothly. PD is achieving something special with the GT sport. I am extremely happy with the results in every update. The amount of work from PD’s people is remarkable in my opinion.

I can really see that a lot of people have some sort of disappointment in this update. I’m not trying to tell if they should or shouldn’t be happy. Everyone has different standards.

Honestly for me, the PS4’s (weak) cpu is trying really hard to keep all of the game’s engines running smoothly. PD is achieving something special with the GT sport. I am extremely happy with the results in every update. The amount of work from PD’s people is remarkable in my opinion.
unfortunately the biggest bottleneck of this generation was the cpu they used.
With the next generation and with cpu zen3, the music will change, and a lot.

I noticed that while upshifting with the Civic EK under wet conditions, the car seems to struggle quite a bit. Haven't noticed this with any of the other road cars I've tested.

Back