Gran Turismo Sport 1.43 Update Now Available: Five JDM Cars and Wet Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 524 comments
Finally got a race with most of the AI Group C cars together(I'm in the 787B). This is my favorite thing to do in the game. Now, if PD would be so kind to add Group A touring cars like what GRID just revealed, that'd be lovely.

7070749280115361288_0.jpg

6926638490218136072_0.jpg

6926638490218137088_0.jpg

7070753680844129792_0.jpg

6926634084051452416_0.jpg
Those pictures you took look amazing!

The weather effects are great, quite beautiful really but i've seen the discussion about it compared to Driveclub & it's definitely not on Driveclub's level.
The spray from tailing other cars on GTS is much better whereas Driveclub's tracks look better wet & the windshield effects are much better, even in it's small details, it all adds up.

GTS's weather is in no way bad though.

Speak for yourself. I hope they continue updates until the PS5 releases at a minimum, if not until the next game drops.
Once the new GT7 comes out, GT Sport would probably become obsolete by that time and PD would eventually shut its servers down, just like what they did with GT5 before when GT6 came out for the PS3.

I don't know where else to ask or if it's already been discussed somewhere on this forum. Where's update 1.42? The one from July 31st was 1.41 and this one is 1.43. So... Am I stupid or have I missed something?

i think 1.42 is the rain patch and 1.43 is the car pack that because if u watch your downloads you had 2 in row

The weather effects are great, quite beautiful really but i've seen the discussion about it compared to Driveclub & it's definitely not on Driveclub's level.
The spray from tailing other cars on GTS is much better whereas Driveclub's tracks look better wet & the windshield effects are much better, even in it's small details, it all adds up.

GTS's weather is in no way bad though.

its the little thinks that make gt real unlike drive club

6918188743294748160_0.jpg

7071311122033312256_0.jpg

Last edited:
What is the difference between intermediate and wets? One has more grip and the other is more durable? Has anybody found any difference yet?

Once the new GT7 comes out, GT Sport would probably become obsolete by that time and PD would eventually shut its servers down, just like what they did with GT5 before when GT6 came out for the PS3.
I believe that the servers for GT5 / 6 (but also for other sony games) have turned them off for a simple question concerning the fact that ps3 support is over and that ps4 is not backwards compatible with ps3 (for obvious hardware reasons) to maintain servers for a dead platform, would have been an unsustainable as well as a useless cost.
With ps5 the thing is different because the servers that use GTS could be shared with a possible new GT because ps5 will be backward compatible with ps4.

It's just a nice low fat wide massive looking thing. Just that 4th and 5th gear. Maybe there will be a fix for it. I have found it builds speed quicker by short shifting 4th and 5th. It's also slightly quicker than the STI in Nations Free Practice, at Sardegna.

Oh yeah, feels very light and nimble.

EC-aHemUcAUF9To

Did you tune your GTO? The ride height seems a lot lower than stock.

I believe that the servers for GT5 / 6 (but also for other sony games) have turned them off for a simple question concerning the fact that ps3 support is over and that ps4 is not backwards compatible with ps3 (for obvious hardware reasons) to maintain servers for a dead platform, would have been an unsustainable as well as a useless cost.
With ps5 the thing is different because the servers that use GTS could be shared with a possible new GT because ps5 will be backward compatible with ps4.
What I meant was that GT5 servers were shut down shortly after GT6 came out but that was a long time ago. Both of them were released for the PS3 but I guess what you've said sums it all up as to why the servers didn't last long enough.

However, I can't imagine PD focusing on two games at the same time once the new game comes out. If what you're trying to point could be true, what's more likely sure though is that maybe GT Sport isn't going to be left immediately.

There have been talks though about the coming updates dwindling down for the game so I'm not sure if this is a hint that PD might be planning to move on soon from the outgoing title to start focusing on the next one. But we'll find out more about this one in the future.

Are you sure?

DC - 30fps - 12 cars on track
1nxkm1.png

2zbjos.png

3z9jnj.png

GTS - 60fps - 24 cars on track
20190827230923lrkiu.jpg

20190827234445wmjnu.jpg

20190828003935ejkmw.jpg

I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking why we’re comparing in-gameplay shots of DC to photo mode pics of GTS

At least try to make the conditions similar

What I meant was that GT5 servers were shut down shortly after GT6 came out but that was a long time ago. Both of them were released for the PS3 but I guess what you've said sums it all up as to why the servers didn't last long enough.

However, I can't imagine PD focusing on two games at the same time once the new game comes out. If what you're trying to point could be true, what's more likely sure though is that maybe GT Sport isn't going to be left immediately.

There have been talks though about the coming updates dwindling down for the game so I'm not sure if this is a hint that PD might be planning to move on soon from the outgoing title to start focusing on the next one. But we'll find out more about this one in the future.
I think the updates have been reduced because of the more frequent tours.
Adding cars of a certain type, tracks or big changes are all things that impact in the competitions of these events because they don't give the players time to prepare for the competition.
Therefore I believe that to break too many contents in these moments is not productive in these specific manifestations.
For example, I remember last year that because of a tour, an update missed a month.
However, let's see how the updates will go in the moments of pause these events.

PS: PD should not manage two games but simply keep GTS active online while there is migration to the next GT, making both games coexist for at least the first few years.

I think the updates have been reduced because of the more frequent tours.
Adding cars of a certain type, tracks or big changes are all things that impact in the competitions of these events because they don't give the players time to prepare for the competition.
Therefore I believe that to break too many contents in these moments is not productive in these specific manifestations.
For example, I remember last year that because of a tour, an update missed a month.
However, let's see how the updates will go in the moments of pause these events.

PS: PD should not manage two games but simply keep GTS active online while there is migration to the next GT, making both games coexist for at least the first few years.
A few years!!! They have a proven track record of turning off the servers for the last game shortly after releasing a new game.

Are you sure?

DC - 30fps - 12 cars on track
1nxkm1.png

2zbjos.png

3z9jnj.png

GTS - 60fps - 24 cars on track
20190827230923lrkiu.jpg

20190827234445wmjnu.jpg

20190828003935ejkmw.jpg
Driveclub is in another level, out of this world in terms of the rain graphics. no matter if it goes on 30fps and 12 cars. Evolution did an amazing job in there. Maybe is more accurate if you compared Forza 7(console) vs PC2 cars (Console) vs. GT Sport

Someone did the real comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
emember that ps5 will be fully backwards compatible with ps4 and therefore you can continue to update and play GTS quietly on ps5, without forgetting that everything they are creating for GTS, will be put on GT7 without needing to redo anything, but only an update, where necessary , of what they have already developed.
In essence, they can still update it for at least another year.
I don't think PD will just continue updating GTS and the shouldn't imo. PD should do an full generational leap with GT on PS5 as we expect. Thus a new game is needed and the tracks need to get an major overhaul or ne redone completely. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are insane for PS4. But we are talking about PS5 here.

Look at the difference between GTS and GT6 for example. Some people already wanted an GT6 remake for PS4 and argued that GT6 looked realistic. Looking back at the game years later should reveal to them, that they were wrong, because GT6, while impressive for PS3 hardware, doesn't look realistic.

Looking at the business side, never stoping to update GTS, despite its microtransactions doesn't make sense either. Many of us fans would easily pay 60€ for an proper GT on PS5 and Sony wants to make money.

Thats not how it works. Any device can connect to any server in theory. It doesn't matter if the devices are compatible to each other. They just need access to the server.

On the topic server shutdown. Sony is quick sometimes. One of the ps4 games had 6 month before it got shutdown. This is just how they operate, although uncharted had a much longer period servers online. Driveclub for instance will be shut next year and GT servers got shut down pretty shortly after the new game released. Including GT5 iirc.

They just look after the money here and not the players. If i remember it right, GT6 had a poor start compared to other GT games. Shortly after GT5 servers that still many people used were shut down. Well, think of that what you will ;)

Last edited:
Driveclub is in another level, out of this world in terms of the rain graphics. no matter if it goes on 30fps and 12 cars. Evolution did an amazing job in there. Maybe is more accurate if you compared Forza 7(console) vs PC2 cars (Console) vs. GT Sport

Someone did the real comparison.

DC had full dynamic cloud simulation as well. Every race had different skies. You could end up in the clouds in high elevation tracks, aurora borealis at night, wet snow storm early morning that would change into rain as the sun came up. 25 laps at Sinclair pass with dynamic weather and accelerated time was sublime. That track has a bit of a mount panorama feel with the city lights in the distance at night when you come down the mountain. It's a shame the studio got closed and we never got a pro HDR patch, nor dymamic time or rain in VR.

Of course online racing was a full on ram fest and it's really weird to drive now after playing GTS for so long. But, yeah, racing in Norway while the sun sets and the rain turns into snow, amazing.

Anyway the more PD experiments with rain this gen, the better it will be next gen :)

The game has been evolving since launch. I can imagine them achieving dynamic time and weather to match or exceed the intensity of other sims in the next gen format.

I took more time to wrote what I think about this patch: My first reaction was like the same I read here in the chat. Just later, as a player since GT1 I understood the importance for this game to promote the entire japanese car history. Take it as a nostalgia pack, with almost all the cars completely remodeled from zero. Toyota? Yes I think its a clever way to give us a fifth car changing just the front of another already in the game.
I don’t want to comment the rain, I just remember the fact that this is the GT number 7 in the franchise and still don’t have a decent rain/snow simulator. Don’t want to be negative but who can tell ps5 could solve the problems?
At the end I am not angry, I have clear that the game is just putting cars (probably the less interesting) from the works for GT7, it would be interesting if for the GT finals PD could give us a pack of new racing cars (who knows?).
Thank You Kaz To Keep This Game Never Stop

I don’t care how old you think it gets as long as it’s true, unlike in almost every other racing game.
Games with microtransactions most of the time got longer support via free upgrades. Thats not an coincidence, its an business move. Obviously it's still awesome to get so many updates, so i am not complaining.

The game has been evolving since launch. I can imagine them achieving dynamic time and weather to match or exceed the intensity of other sims in the next gen format.
I am sure PD will take the graphics crown again next gen and hopefully deliver dynamic time and weather. However, I don't see them taking the physics crown.

Latest Posts

Back