Gran Turismo Sport 1.43 Update Now Available: Five JDM Cars and Wet Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 524 comments
I assume it's just a grip coefficient change. RSS tires are best. Inters ok. Wets nope.

A little weird that it's raining without clouds but there are no rainbows haha

Edit: Time Trial isn’t a reliable way to test it.

Last edited:
My initial thoughts of 1 lap :lol: in the BMW M4. DS4 TC off:
Best wet physics in a GT game to date. Everything the car did was as expected. Including losing it on the curb and sliding into the barrier.
And the graphics :crazy: well, you know..PD... I like how the light reflects through the droplets on the wind shield.

I'm faster on slicks than on wets. Gotta try the inters now.

I assume it's just a grip coefficient change. RSS tires are best. Inters ok. Wets nope.

A little weird that it's raining without clouds but there are no rainbows haha

Even with "heavy wet" slicks are faster than Wet tyres ?
Would be very important to note if you have Grip Reduction set to “Real” versus “Low”.

In past GT games, slick tires were faster in rain conditions when Grip Reduction was set to “Low”.

However, when setting it to “Real”, you’d have a hard time even staying on the track.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I know which setting was used to give faster lap times with RSS tires.

Would be very important to note if you have Grip Reduction set to “Real” versus “Low”.

In past GT games, slick tires were faster in rain conditions when Grip Reduction was set to “Low”.

However, when setting it to “Real”, you’d have a hard time even staying on the track.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I know which setting was used to give faster lap times with RSS tires.

@OnyxMoneytron Oops. Did we mess up something?

Last edited:
EC9BzwuU8AIXd9o

Rear fog lights, baby!
EC9CRZCUwAASw61

You’re probably right. I assumed rain would still be rain in time trial. I guess PD likes making things that don’t make sense to make the game more accessible. I’ll withdraw my comments then :lol:

Ok, time trial mode is definitely set to "low" grip by default, load up a custom race and set it to "real" then try to run on slicks, you will not have a fun time...

Thank! I’ll try it tomorrow. I just don’t get why that Low setting is a thing. Just so it looks cute with puddles as you’re racing on slicks... Unless you can force people to use Wets for authenticity.

I knew that GTS pic of the GTO was an "uh oh". It finishes last every N300 race. Gets a good awd start and passes the cars at back. Then, the C3, RX500 and Mach 1 bully it to the back in 20th.

Other than rain at Red Bull, there isn't a real lot I'm excited for in this months update.

But I guess this sounds interesting:
"Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue in "Sport" mode and Lobby wherein the amount of time lost during a pit stop was longer than that of an offline race."
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/news/00_4205673.html

I wonder if they mean they've shortened the Sport/Lobby pitstops, or lengthened the Offline pitstops?
I think I'ld prefer the latter because the pitstops offline (pit lane travel time) always seem too quick for me.

Last edited:
Main Features Implemented
1. Cars
 - The following 5 new cars have been added:
  ・Honda S2000 '99
  ・Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91
  ・Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90
  ・Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R STi Version VI '99
  ・Toyota Corolla Levin 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) '83

2. Tracks
 - "Wet Conditions" added to “Red Bull Ring” and “Red Bull Ring Short Track”.

3. Campaign Mode
 - The following events have been added to the "GT League":
  ・"Beetle & Samba Bus Fest" Rounds 4 and 5
  ・"J-Sports Meeting" Rounds 8 and 9
  ・"All Japan GT Car Championships" Rounds 8 and 9
  ・"Porsche Cup" Round 6

4. Physics Simulation Model
 - The deceleration torque that occurs when taking your foot off the accelerator has been changed for the following hybrid cars:
  ・McLaren P1 GTR '16
  ・McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo
  ・McLaren Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.1)
  ・Peugeot L500R Hybrid Vision Gran Turismo, 2017
  ・Toyota TS050 - Hybrid (Toyota Gazoo Racing) '16

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue in "Sport" mode and Lobby wherein the amount of time lost during a pit stop was longer than that of an offline race.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Back