Gran Turismo Sport 1.43 Update Now Available: Five JDM Cars and Wet Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 524 comments
Ok, Who the hell said GT7 was in development?! I keep seeing this everywhere! Update still downloading though I recently turned it on,
Of course it's in development, what do you think the coders and the designers are doing? The development on GT7 started before GTS even shipped, that the way all game development works. A small team is supporting GTS, but the core staff is busy with the next project.

But what would happen in case they've suddenly changed their minds and decided that Spa will be reserved for GT7 instead?

I guess it will like how we finally get rain this update after waiting for quite some time since introduced in Nurburgring event months ago. No point they teased something for next title at the moment it is just not the time yet. Maybe when the PS5 announced PD might begin to tease their next project that is what I thought.

Of course it's in development, what do you think the coders and the designers are doing? The development on GT7 started before GTS even shipped, that the way all game development works. A small team is supporting GTS, but the core staff is busy with the next project.

Says who? And why are we so sure it's coming soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have not really formed an opinion yet - mostly because I´m still confused about the different grip levels I encountered while playing around with the wet conditions this morning.

BUT!

This game still manages to blow me away visually after all this time.

All 3 new scenarios look FANTASTIC.

Kaz himself said that work has started on the next project. Nobody is saying that it's coming soon, development on GT5 started before GT4 was done and that still took years. GT Sport itself was first supposed to come out in 2015, then it was 2016, after finally coming out in 2017.

Ok I remember that first part now, although I would like to know when he said that. It's just that people are saying it's going to be a PS5 release title by quoting baseless rumors.

Ok I remember that first part now, although I would like to know when he said that. It's just that people are saying it's going to be a PS5 release title by quoting baseless rumors.
Well PS5 is coming out next year, it would make sense for GT7 to come out on it, otherwise we will have a GT6 situation where the game will be limited by old tech and it will take years to have a game that takes full advantage of nextgen hardware.

I still think Sport will be ported to next gen and the work will just carry over... But that's my silly opinion :dunce:

I even think it GT Sport will launch with PS5 and that this title will be PS4/PS5 compatible with crossplay between the 2 systems. GTSport is an ever evolving GaaS -model and independent of platform....But that is my silly opinion ;)

On topic, the rain condition feels kinda half-baked both visually and physically compared to some of the competition, doesn't really offer the visual treat of Forza, PCars or F1 games, let alone something like Driveclub which is a gen ahead of everyone else, physically it's just a grip modifier, whereas in Forza it's almost a separate game mechanic in itself with puddles that have a pronounced effect on your driving and keep you focused, as well as being dynamic.

This feels like the wrong thread to talk about GT7.

On topic: Do the 3 wet scenarios have different grip levels or are they all the same?
I tested the afternoon and dusk version, far more grip in dusk... Less rain coming down and a far less saturated track as well. Used heavy wet tires on the afternoon and intermediate tires on dusk... Still had more grip on dusk

But what would happen in case they've suddenly changed their minds and decided that Spa will be reserved for GT7 instead?
I think everyone in Japan will be getting a “BREAKING NEWS” alert about an angry mob setting fire to a certain office building :rolleyes::P (j/k)

Seriously though, they did something similar before, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they did it again.. (the vgt car(s) that were teased/shown in GT6 but didn’t get released untill GTS). But a lot more people will be ‘very unhappy’ if they were to do that again. But I’m pretty sure they won’t, it’ll come next month or the month after I guess...

The rain physics are wrong! Way too much grip and not realistic.
I though that, but then I've watched many Best Motoring videos. The speed those drivers do in wet conditions, is unbelievable.

On the flip side, PD haven't even factored in the loss of grip through the standing water. So, it's definitely not accurate.

So with the new Subie, wet lap with Sports Hards is not very slow compared to a dry: only about 2 seconds slower. :odd: Wet too grippy.

@Betty blue @05XR8
Tried it outside of time trial mode yet? Grip reduction is set to low by default for some reason.

I tested the afternoon and dusk version, far more grip in dusk... Less rain coming down and a far less saturated track as well. Used heavy wet tires on the afternoon and intermediate tires on dusk... Still had more grip on dusk

So the level of water is different between the two times? That's cool.

I though that, but then I've watched many Best Motoring videos. The speed those drivers do in wet conditions, is unbelievable.

On the flip side, PD haven't even factored in the loss of grip through the standing water. So, it's definitely not accurate.
Yeah they've had two years to do this properly, I was hoping it wasn't just a simple grip de-multiplier again...

I've only managed to try the rain physics on sports tires, but no idea what the surface grip setting was. Nonetheless it felt almost spot on to me. The wet surface seems to interfere most noticeably at the edge of traction, like you'd expect in reality. And once you push it over the edge it requires even better reflexes to save it. The more you go sideways, the more slippery it gets. 👍

So far it drives like a world of improvement over the PS3 games. Fingers crossed the other tire compounds deliver too.

On topic, the rain condition feels kinda half-baked both visually and physically compared to some of the competition, doesn't really offer the visual treat of Forza, PCars or F1 games, let alone something like Driveclub which is a gen ahead of everyone else, physically it's just a grip modifier, whereas in Forza it's almost a separate game mechanic in itself with puddles that have a pronounced effect on your driving and keep you focused, as well as being dynamic.

The puddles in FM7 are honestly red flag conditions. No surprise that GTS with its FIA sanctioning aimed for rain safe enough for green flag.

Where do you go in the settings to change the reduced grip option? Can it be made to "real" for time trial mode? What will the setting be in sport mode I wonder?

It's that so much imbaratsing with this cars in GT SPORT pffffff,adds no simulation cars with thisssssss ugly **** Silvia (S13) why not (S15) ?????Now i want see what this inteligent player doing with Silvia slow,is not for race and now we going to Drift and for Drift is much more slow!!!!Why exsist this stupidds traditions fhis is not for fun,but is only tradition!
And we can forget Drift lap mode in GT on points in Lobby and Arcade mode,why oooaaaaa???NO SENSE :crazy::crazy::confused::banghead::banghead::banghead:👎 .This is Amerika philosophy :yuck: 100% .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back