Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
oh gosh. try to race the N300 class with a megane. hard to get good laptimes but started from 4th. starting with the megane means being overtaken by a whole lot of the lancers and audis right from the line. Condemned to be mid pack. Every corner the same scenario. I'm braking right on my braking point to tackle the corner nicely. some behind me, even from a far way back braking way later, bumping me off, sliding through me, not making their corner, me going by again. next corner same thing. NO FUN!

Just had a horrible race on Brands in terms of SR.

4th on the grid, got overtaken by a car in the first corner who went ghost and just drove through me, another car whacked me and put me off into the gravel and my SR went down as well as dropping down to 17th place.

Gained a few places and a Genesis punts me off the track and again my SR goes down.

Coming into the second to last corner (the run down towards the bridge and then the final long corner to the start / finish line) and a car just pushes me off onto the gravel and again I lost SR.

It's the first race my SR has ever gone down, now fair enough if I'd been ramming other people but I'm getting punted and then penalised in SR.

I'd have been better off just going steaming into the first corner flat out, punting the leader off to keep me on track and then just trying to keep neat and tidy for the rest of the race. Or just not bothering to qualify and then just ramming my way through the pack.

They need to do some serious work on it.

Online racing is always going to have it's annoyances of people just ramming you but it's even worse when the game then penalises you for it.

Same again. Was on pole, 3rd corner I get rammed off because I'm used as a break and my SR goes down.

Bit further on someone is weaving down the straight and takes someone else out then hits me on the way into the 2nd to last corner and pushes me off onto the grass and my SR goes down again.

I just abandoned the race completely, it's not worth the effort.

They can stick Sport mode it's simply not going to work.

Edit: In total from those 2 races my SR has dropped by 3 and in every case I was rammed from behind or was mid corner and someone just came flying in and side swiped me off the track.

Last edited:
After some really frustrating experiences last week, i got my very first win today. GR3 on Nürburgring... im feeling really comfortable with this combination. But i really struggle with GR4... winning feels wonderful, though... :-D

I struggled for hours to get my wheel setup with GIMX. Finally got it working. Did the practice laps for all 3 races, and was ready to finally do some races with my wheel.

For the first time in the entire time I've had the beta, I'm getting a network error trying to join the race.

Edit: Oh, I see it's not just my bad luck.

Can't join any races due to connection error ne-8200284 since last race on dragon. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, but the online leaderboards are loading just fine. It seems odd that the servers for qualifying for the races are fine, but the servers for the races themselves aren't working.

Had 1 disconnect right before joining a race, then afterwards a few more while trying to enter. Races after that were all fine though. But now at Blue Moon Bay I can't join any race anymore. Servers having some issues today it seems. Was already weird to get matched with so many E ranked drivers today.

Yep, can't connect to the races either.

On another topic, is it just me or does the Lancer not accelerate when the wheel is turned even just slightly? Also, it seems like pad players aren't affected by this. I noticed this after the last turn of Brans Indy on the "straight".

Last edited:
Yep, can't connect to the races either.

On another topic, is it just me or does the Lacer not accelerate when the wheelis turned even just slightly? Also, it seems like pas players arent affected by this. I noticed this after the last turn of Brans Indy on the "straight".

That's because of the AYC controller, switch it to LSD in the diff settings and it won't happen anymore, instead it'll understeer. ;)

Anyone know whether they are still giving codes? I have been glued to my email inbox and have had nothing despite signing up on many occasions. Surely there must be some reason they haven't sent me a code any ideas?

Anyone know whether they are still giving codes? I have been glued to my email inbox and have had nothing despite signing up on many occasions. Surely there must be some reason they haven't sent me a code any ideas?

We are in the phase 2 right now, and considering that phase 1 lasted a month, then we can expect phase 3 to start on 15, 16 or 17th of may, which means probably on these days new invites will be sent and also new update to the beta. But still im just speculating.

Finally I can say I won a race! I don't get to race often but qualified in 2nd, at Brands Hatch. I was using my Scirocco, and got swamped by the GTRs at the start. I had too much wheel spin at the start as well. But consistently staying on track and others over driving a couple of turns, and running off track. I was able to get pass them and take first.

Last edited:
For the first time ever, I've given racing on here for the rest of the day, not because some knuckleheads but because of this odd tendency for the car to abruptly jump to the left (which is a tad alarming in online racing). No matter what car I pick, same thing happens. At first I thought it was my controller so I checked with other games, but the same thing didn't happen.

For the first time ever, I've given racing on here for the rest of the day, not because some knuckleheads but because of this odd tendency for the car to abruptly jump to the left (which is a tad alarming in online racing). No matter what car I pick, same thing happens. At first I thought it was my controller so I checked with other games, but the same thing didn't happen.
Your car was jumping to the left? If it's that, damn. Never heard of something like. You should totally let them know in the closed beta forum.

N300 cars at The Nord tonight, which sounded like my kind of thing. But I only had 3 non competitive cars. So, I did a few laps in my Evora & manage to get an 8:24. Which won me a new daily car, Audi TT. Finally something competitive! Done a quick tune & got an 8:18 on my first lap. Out of 3 races I entered, I was on poll by many seconds. Two I won, first place to first place, & one I'm DC''d before the race even started.

It's boring without people who are on the same pace as you. Never had that problem in GT5 Shuffle races, all the regular guys were on a similar pace to me. I'm no alien, just an average racer. Don't like the match making system much, but it did make me feel like a "DRIVING GOD" for a few minutes!

:lol:

Last edited:
Back