Gran Turismo Sport Coming to PS4 in Fall 2017

I had to enhance this photo a bit... But is this seriously a Veryon in GR.4?
View attachment 653604
Sure is a Veyron.:lol:
image_gran_turismo_sport-35816-3427_0018.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I saw a Motul Honda NSX GT500 for a moment there, the one that Button will be driving in Suzuka. But im afraid thats not the case.

Such a pretty trailer and with incredible music too.

However, this is another trailer with pretty much zero substantial new information/features. We get a glimpse at night racing and a few other tid bits but at this point in the game it would have been good to see some stuff we don't know. I say that as someone totally underwhelmed by the beta.

Basically, the nature of trailer doesn't give me any confidence of making the Fall release window. I just find it mental that we've went from a definite release date to a vague release year and then to a vague release period.

Only Polyphony. :lol:

Hey, this is not a reply to anyone. Does anyone know what car is in the red livery behind the RS01 before the Jaguar F type in the freeze frame with all the GT3 cars grouped up on the what looks like the Nurburgring GPF course straightaway? I haven't seen a GT3 car with red livery except the Italia but it's clearly not the italia. I thought maybe it was the Gr4 GTR but all the cars around it are GT3 cars. It's at the 2:13 mark on the video before the Corvette spins out at Sazuka. It's at the back of the frame.

Last edited:
Nice typical trailer made in PD..
But i expected more information and news, also to be in the central conference and with a solid realese date...
I don't forget that the game should been released past November.

Still not seen "rain" nor "damage model"

And completely online focused (was already known).

After playing the beta.... I don't know, but with only an eyecandy trailer with quite better graphics than gameplay they don't gonna sell me the game.

It's FALLing really down in my must buy game list

Hey, this is not a reply to anyone. Does anyone know what car is in the red livery behind the RS01 before the Jaguar F type in the freeze frame with all the GT3 cars grouped up on the what looks like the Nurburgring GPF course straightaway? I haven't seen a GT3 car with red livery except the Italia but it's clearly not the italia. I thought maybe it was the Gr4 GTR but all the cars around it are GT3 cars.

Nevermind, I think it's the Alfa, but I could be wrong!

Hey, this is not a reply to anyone. Does anyone know what car is in the red livery behind the RS01 before the Jaguar F type in the freeze frame with all the GT3 cars grouped up on the what looks like the Nurburgring GPF course straightaway? I haven't seen a GT3 car with red livery except the Italia but it's clearly not the italia. I thought maybe it was the Gr4 GTR but all the cars around it are GT3 cars.
image_gran_turismo_sport-35816-3427_0028.jpg

You mean this image? What is that red car in the background behind the Corvette? Kinda looks like the Citroen GT Race car from GT5?

Nevermind, I think it's the Alfa, but I could be wrong!
Sorry I keep replying to my own comment but I keep looking at the picture and I keep comparing it to videos of the Alfa and The GTR Gr4 and it doesn't resemble either car. Don't know what type of car it is. The Gr4 GTR does not have yellow lettering under the headlight. The Alfa does but this car does not have white stripes on the hood like the Alfa. What do you guys think the car is?

View attachment 653683
You mean this image? What is that red car in the background behind the Corvette? Kinda looks like the Citroen GT Race car from GT5?
Nope it's the one right before they show the Corvette spinning out at Suzuka.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all we have been given. I find it a bit worrying.
Thanks. Thought I missed something.
We have confirmed dates of the latest competition, but being vague at this time doesn't help the cause. No doubts GT will rack up the sales, 4 days before Christmas in The United States.

Nope it's the one right before they show the Corvette spinning out at Suzuka.
Hey. Welcome to GTP. Just a friendly reminder, you can edit your posts to keep your replies together. Letting you know or else a moderator will. Nothing to worry about. And keep poop jokes to a minimum. I learned it the hard way.

It´s pathetic that they don´t have set a concrete release date. I would expect the game to have another delay.
I wouldn't think so. If they have a set release date, they could be in a bind the last weeks and be forced into a corner. An extra week to finalize everything could prove to be important. Although, it would be annoying if it releases during the last days of fall in December.

And the winner of the most gorgeous 12,000 nits, Ferrari red looking trailer goes to: PD.
But what else is really announced? Do we expect more info during this E3 about the things that do matter?
Also noticed some PSVR footage and that was not encouraging....

The super dooper hyper train is becoming a diesel. Sorry :(
A lot can change over the next 3-7 months but at this stage it is not the real simulator, by far.

But the trailer looks really great!

PS Maybe 31/12/2017 isn't a place holders date after all :rolleyes:

And the winner of the most gorgeous 12,000 nits, Ferrari red looking trailer goes to: PD.
But what else is really announced? Do we expect more info during this E3 about the things that do matter?
Also noticed some PSVR footage and that was not encouraging....

The super dooper hyper train is becoming a diesel. Sorry :(
A lot can change over the next 3-7 months but at this stage it is not the real simulator, by far.

But the trailer looks really great!

PS Maybe 31/12/2017 isn't a place holders date after all :rolleyes:
A crazy lot has changed in these past 10 weeks since the start of the beta. With at least an extra three months, who knows how different it'll be. I do think it's a bummer we might not get more information this week.

I must say, PD have been awfully quiet on the damage model ever since GT Sport became known to the public. All this trailer showcased what we already know.

I very much doubt a damage model will be in GT sport, they would have shown it by now. PD have never had a proper damage model in any GT games and i can't see that changing.

Three minutes of 'we can do pretty' just doesn't cut it for me at this stage. Particularly given the mess the physics are in the current beta build and PD track record.

3 Minutes of we can do pretty is fine for me from a trailer. Being entertaining is more important to me than cutting edge physics. GT series have good physics, but when it comes to comparing against the best, it falls short there, yet I find myself jumping on GT more than any other racing game.
Take Assetto Corsa for example, that is a prime example of a game that is all physics engine, and no game. I love the way AC feels and drives, but I'm not compelled to jump back in. There isn't a game behind the physics engine.
Looking at the physics in a vacuum, yes GT doesn't hold up against other games, but we don't just play a physics engine. I believe that GT is a game greater than the sum of it's parts.

A 'crazy lot' is a huge stretch. We have seen some tweaking in the beta and that's about it.
The way I see it is FFB has been changing back and forth, physics back and forth (tires, vehicle behavior, collision physics, gravel and grass physics, weight transfer?), online stability (ping has gone from under 20 to the unplayable +100 and back to under 20). The environments with people around the track and in the stands, pit lane stuff, objects and scenery have been altered with many things added or changed altogether, improved visual fidelity in cockpit view and interior view lighting, improved shaders, reflections, improved car models which might just be from improved shaders and reflections. Birds chirp and music heard around the track, engine noise, wind noise, tire noise, collision noises. The extra options added: cockpit settings, chase cam settings, hazard lights, turn signals. Safety ratings, Driver ratings, Balance of Power are being tweaked.

A lot has changed. Even gravel being kicked up, tire treads in grass and gravel, skidmarks. Those were inevitable, aside from the gravel being as interactive as it is. And Translator-san posing on pit row!

The beta has changed through 1.06. Tweaking, adjusting, fixing. They'll be making things work. The way I see it, when things looked as bad as they did with 1.05's all-around arcade physics, it wasn't meant to last. It had to be about testing. FFB was good and now with 1.06, it just isn't. They know what they're doing though. I'm not saying that through blind faith.

Back