Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
"You'd almost think that being a loyal GT fan is some form of masochism"
This one says in the action of thinking, that being a fan of GT can be a form masochism.
Being a GT fan is a form of masochism
This one says in the action of being, Fan basing with GT is a form of masochism.

I think that's what it is. I could be totally wrong though :P

You don't work for PD. You do not know what they will do. Please stop posting as if you do, for all you know they can have a complete change of plan. It's not like they don't have precedent.

This point is where they messed it all up, why would they cancel the project that should have been Gran Turismo 5 in the first place, why would they make GTHD if they couldn't handle secondary spin-offs, All the prologues and demos were a waste of their time, GTHD should have been GT5, GT2000 should have been GT3, and GTPSP should have never happened.

...Wow, trying to read through the last 20 or so pages had me looking like this:

brawling go meme.jpg

And also quite surprised there were some really rude remarks thrown around by certain members. Sigh.

May I suggest, gently of course, that this thread be locked up as to limit the damage to my eyes and sanity?

Pretty please?

And also quite surprised there were some really rude remarks thrown around by certain members. Sigh.
Well, you almost have to expect that when something like this happens. Best thing that we as bystanders can do is to just stay out if it.

...Wow, trying to read through the last 20 or so pages had me looking like this:

May I suggest, gently of course, that this thread be locked up as to limit the damage to my eyes and sanity?

Pretty please?
Don't read it then. Not hard.

Pretty please?
How about you just pretend it's locked. That way you won't click on it and your eyes & sanity will remain intact ;)

Obviously this is speculation on my part, but the lack of hits on this thread could be...
  • because it's not a big deal to the vast majority.
  • because it was completely expected.
  • because people have moved on from this franchise as the sole provider for racing games.
  • because racing video games are moving more and more towards niche genre.
  • because ??????
Regardless of why, I do find that bit of information very interesting.

Or simply because people use forums way less than seven years ago, due to social networks

Quick, tell me the difference between "You'd almost think that being a loyal GT fan is some form of masochism" and "Being a GT fan is a form of masochism".

Gold star to the first person!

The first is derp and the second is hurr durr!

:dopey:

Well you can argue about how to phrase it, but do you agree with the statement? :dopey:
Aren't loyal GT fans subjected to painful long waits whilst hoping for scraps most of the time?

I know its a shockingly small number.

When GT5 was delayed the 20 page mark was hit within the day, and for the same period of time that thread was close to 50 pages in length.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt5-delayed.131389/page-20

Maybe its not as bad a reaction as it seems to you, or that a smaller number of people care that its been delayed.

Odd as I've not seen anyone displaying joy about it, a resigned lack of surprise maybe, disappointment or a hope the extra time will be put to good use, but not joy.
To be honest 20 pages on any thread at this point in time (2016) appeared to me as all hell braking loose in such a short period. Maybe it's because I spend some time reading PCars and AC threads these day. Everywhere seems calmer. This seemed like a storm, so apologies for my overreaction. If what I'm seeing off lots of people is painful resignation and realisation that GT is in a bad place, then, to me at least, it looks like perhaps people are taking comfort from believing they are correct. If I ever get to the point where I genuinely believe GT is going downhill I will walk away, forever grateful.

Odd as I've not seen anyone displaying joy about it, a resigned lack of surprise maybe, disappointment or a hope the extra time will be put to good use, but not joy.

I'm genuinely happy about it as it gives time to see what happens with PCars and Assetto Corsa. Both of these have had problems and neither are what I feel is enough to warrant purchasing a PS4 (and subsequently new wheel), so I am personally grateful that the delay will allow the opportunity to see if PCars or AC will be updated or improved.

Also, as I haven't bought a PS4 the same thing applies to the PS4 Vs Neo, will the launch of the NEO reduce prices of the current PS4(?), if not, there might be some good Xmas deals going and an oppotunity to grab a bargain.

Pretty chuffed it's given a bit of breathing space prior to the Xmas financial battering.

Part of me wants them to not show anything at TGS after the delay, just go away for a while, work on adding content and then come back maybe at PSX or an early 2017 show and give us one huge blow out with a definite release date and a representation of what you're capable of.

Part of me wants them to not show anything at TGS after the delay, just go away for a while, work on adding content and then come back maybe at PSX or an early 2017 show and give us one huge blow out with a definite release date and a representation of what you're capable of.
Would be funny if they would boot up the same demo again though :lol:

Why do I feel as though I've seen this all before? Did I somehow foresee that this game was going to be delayed? Maybe it's just a similar thing to GT5's delay, but I wasn't even on the site in the GT5 days, so what the heck... Anyway, on a serious note, PD has to show their progress as they have been doing for quite a while already, so we know they're actually making an effort to finish the game.

I'm genuinely happy about it as it gives time to see what happens with PCars and Assetto Corsa. Both of these have had problems and neither are what I feel is enough to warrant purchasing a PS4 (and subsequently new wheel), so I am personally grateful that the delay will allow the opportunity to see if PCars or AC will be updated or improved.

Also, as I haven't bought a PS4 the same thing applies to the PS4 Vs Neo, will the launch of the NEO reduce prices of the current PS4(?), if not, there might be some good Xmas deals going and an oppotunity to grab a bargain.

Pretty chuffed it's given a bit of breathing space prior to the Xmas financial battering.
As has been said PCars is as updated as it's going to get (and it's been updated a hell of a lot, in terms of both stability and content, and has the ability to run outside apps which is excellent) and while it's not perfect, it is more than good enough in my opinion, particularly if you are using a wheel.

AC has a great physics engine, but does still need a lot of work around that.

You then have Dirt Rally and Seb Loeb Rally for rally Sims and if you fancy an arcade blast you have Driveclub.

Personally from a racing point of view the PS4 has a lot that people are missing out on if they simply hold back just for GTS (and I say that having played GTS).

As has been said PCars is as updated as it's going to get (and it's been updated a hell of a lot, in terms of both stability and content, and has the ability to run outside apps which is excellent) and while it's not perfect, it is more than good enough in my opinion, particularly if you are using a wheel.

AC has a great physics engine, but does still need a lot of work around that.

You then have Dirt Rally and Seb Loeb Rally for rally Sims and if you fancy an arcade blast you have Driveclub.

Personally from a racing point of view the PS4 has a lot that people are missing out on if they simply hold back just for GTS (and I say that having played GTS).

Cool, thanks, I appreciate the summary.

It's not so much holding on for specifically for GTS, I was curious for the game makers to 'put their cards on the table' and see what happened, both with the games and the people who I regularly played with (that have become so fragmented over different platforms).

I still have my rig and G27, aswell as Assetto and iRacing on PC; BF4 on the PS3 is also still surprisingly good, but when you've got so used to playing with people you know and have a really good laugh / natter with, it's hard for me to justify the $$$ for a PS4 and wheel primarily just for that.

The problems with GT5 / 6 and the release of the PS4 without the support for the wheels that were so popular on the PS3 (and the fragmenting of users) totally killed my mojo for all online racing.

I'm hoping the delay with GTS might prompt some of the other racing game makers to up their game and take the opportunity to sieze a bigger market share. A bit like how Pro Evo or BF managed to take on the dominating game in their respective markets.

I think this is probably the best opportunity in decades for someone to come in and do to GT what Pro Evo did to FIFA and BF to Medal of Honour etc..

I think that's your problem. You take things far too personally. It would appear you think any criticism of GT is a direct attack on you. Has it even entered your head that those of us criticising are loyal GT fans as well, possibly even bigger fans than you?

I fail to see how being a GT fan makes the statement any less stupid. Projecting your own perceptions onto others is always silly.

Quick, tell me the difference between "You'd almost think that being a loyal GT fan is some form of masochism" and "Being a GT fan is a form of masochism".

Gold star to the first person!

The implication was clear and consequently silly.

Back