Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
...now, now, I don't like this... First, they have like 400 premium cars in GT6, and we are getting only 130 something in GTS. Then there was no talk about tuning cars, like in all previous GT games. And then, they manage to delay it like every single game except first GT.

...this is really... huh...

:lol: oh PD, as if most people didn't know THAT was coming...

Well, i guess they'll get an extra 8 to 12 months to add more "Scapes" into their photo simulator and then add any driving related stuff into the game, via 6-monthly updates after launch :P

Seriously though, it's got to see that even though some people are obviously (rightly) disappointed on here, it's nice to have read through and not seen any death threats or ADD tantrums posted yet. GTPlanet has one of the far better communities on the net and that's why i love coming here, even if only to read a lot more than i dare to post!

There'll no doubt be a very good reason for said delay, but it seems that PD's M.O. is to be vague about whys and wherefores, so there's not much use in getting too frustrated over the coming months as there won't be much, if anything at all that any of us can do about that. I've still a massive backlog of other games to get through before 2017 even starts :D

I would include Driveclub in the comparision. Forza Horizon and Forza are made by different people.

Driveclub and GT Sport vs Forza 5, 6, Forza Horizon 2 and 3.

It's not really the same. While the Horizon games are developed by Playground Games, they're based on an engine developed by Turn10, which is shared with the mainstay Forza Motorsport games; and the two developers share licenses, assets and a common vision on their target audience and the kind of experience they want to deliver.
Not to mention that the games share the "Forza" brand, many of their features, certain assets (liveries and tunes) can be moved from one game to another, and the main community for both titles resides on the same official forums.

Compare that with the relationship between the now-defunct Evolution and PD, which is... Non-existent?

As for the delays, nihili sub sole novi. What's worrying is that after three years they will have no Prologue-like title out for the new PS4 platform yet, which means that by the time GT7 will roll out, there will likely be a PS5 inbound.

Well, on one hand, I'm not suprised this happened because there were some signs like the beta being cancelled and the lack of new information. But on the other, I just wish GT releases would stop being a joke because they just make me lose even more confidence in this series.

This is looking like GT5 all over again. Or maybe worse, since at least Prologue kept fans occupied when GT5 was delayed. But here, not a single GT title until 4 years down this console generation's life span. Ridiculous.

Oh man, today seems like a decent day to come check out the GTS Sport section for the first time ever. I know nothing of this game outside of the fact it exists. Let's see what Kaz and friends have in stor-
Oh.

Honestly, who is shocked by this news from a studio that took five years to make Gran Turismo 5?

It's not really the same. While the Horizon games are developed by Playground Games, they're based on an engine developed by Turn10, which is shared with the mainstay Forza Motorsport games; and the two developers share licenses, assets and a common vision on their target audience and the kind of experience they want to deliver.
Not to mention that the games share the "Forza" brand, many of their features, certain assets (liveries and tunes) can be moved from one game to another, and the main community for both titles resides on the same official forums.

Compare that with the relationship between the now-defunct Evolution and PD, which is... Non-existent?

As for the delays, nihili sub sole novi. What's worrying is that after three years they will have no Prologue-like title out for the new PS4 platform yet, which means that by the time GT7 will roll out, there will likely be a PS5 inbound.

Didnt know that, but still, the comparision is the same. I mean, 2 exclusive games of cars versus 4. That doesnt mean that Polyphony is forgiven from releasing very few games.

And so many believed too :lol::lol:

gts b4 gts delay news.jpg

:lol::P:sly:

Well, on one hand, I'm not suprised this happened because there were some signs like the beta being cancelled and the lack of new information. But on the other, I just wish GT releases would stop being a joke because they just make me lose even more confidence in this series.

This is looking like GT5 all over again. Or maybe worse, since at least Prologue kept fans occupied when GT5 was delayed. But here, not a single GT title until 4 years down this console generation's life span. Ridiculous.

Yep. At least we had Prologue by now on PS3. If anyone was unsure whether Polyphony was going to turn it all around and start pushing out quality products in reasonable timeframes, there's your answer.

==========

So basically, everything we know so far can be tossed out the window. Because in very, very few games is footage from a year or more before release representative of the final product. Amount of cars and tracks better change, because if they launch with 140 cars and 15 tracks four years after the launch of the console then they can stick that in their ear.

Honestly, I'm only half joking when I say that they should just give up on the PS4 and aim for a PS5 launch title. That would seem to be just about doable for them.

I think we're back to the old "whoever's in charge of the development schedule at PD, be it Kaz or someone else, is a total doofus and needs to be fired". We've been dealing with this junk for literally decades now. At least way back when they had the decency to put out Prologues when there were substantial delays.

Back