Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
Just sold my XBOX because november was comming. I know it was expected but i was hoping this time they deliverd.....

First the closed Evolution and now the pushed my only hope on a nice racing game on PS4 away..... So should i order a xbox again....???
For Forza Horizon 3 you should! :D I promise you won't be disappointed by it, and don't worry I'm not like Kaz who lies a lot.

Oh Kaz...
kazdancez5zxv.gif

I would be extremely p..ss if this time was like in the old days with only GT to play. BUT I'm actually happy since that will give me more time with pcars (basically done with only half the career) and with AC (just got shipped):lol:

Pretty much. I bet things like weather, damage, and night racing weren't finalized yet, and if the game was released in November, we would have to wait for an update to see these features. At least with this delay, these features have a better chance of making it in at launch.

Indeed. I have such a backlog of games I need to finish so this will give me time to do so. At least my kids will pleased that I will be around for Destiny Rise of Iron more now!

Well the positive thing is there should be more tracks and cars in the game.
They haven't even shown off half of the content they promised already. I guess the extra months will probably go into preparing just that and only that.

I'm not even surprised. I chuckled out loud for a bit. Going from the "we are confident; place your pre-orders" stance to the "we need more time" stance with just a flip of the page. I don't know whether or not I should give them credit for getting a delay in to further develop the game, but seeing as history is now repeating itself as it did with Gran Turismo 5 and the even worse case of Gran Turismo 6, I doubt this delay is going to do wonders for the team.

The way I look at it, it'll give me more time to save up for a PS4, at least; here's hoping the PS4 slim will be affordable for me when the time comes.

No dynamic weather/day/night changes in the game? With the delay I would expect this to be in the game. Porsche? If Assetto Corsa did it, I'd expect PD to add it as well. More recent/relevant cars should be included. Think Koenigsegg, Mustang GT350 R, Maclaren P1, LA Ferrari, etc. VR. Basically, I'm saying that even with these features added, GT is in trouble. The competition is WAY ahead of them. And I'm sorry, number of employees is no excuse anymore. Kunos has much less.

I hope they can implement day/night cycle. IMO it is a very important feature. May be some cars, tracks will also be added as it is going to be a 1year delay I think

I dont get Sony. Evolution was shot down by them because of the release problems but they diliverd a exelent game.

GT is doing this for a will now whitout any problems with Sony. All lies and promisses they cant keep. Love GT but this is just bull crap one somuch time and not better then Forza.... Pff

Yamauchi needs to go as simple as that. PD needs a western style management like Mark Cerny otherwise they will be stuck forever in PS2 era.

You really wouldn't think PD were a first party studio with nearly 20 years experience on the same base platform, would you? Kunos started out a decade ago as one man and AC was their first foray into consoles with a small team. They have delivered a good 'base' game this year. SMS have been around a long time under various guises but pCARS was their first game as a solo studio without a publisher and they also delivered a solid product. Yes, with delays, but it's out and evolving into a second game. Turn 10 were established purely to build a GT competitor and do so on a regular basis with good quality each time, they even branched out with another company who also deliver games as planned.

PD? The first party studio with exclusive early access to the hardware and given the absolute best knowledge of it? Still haven't delivered anything.

I dont get Sony. Evolution was shot down by them because of the release problems but they diliverd a exelent game.

GT is doing this for a will now whitout any problems with Sony. All lies and promisses they cant keep. Love GT but this is just bull crap one somuch time and not better then Forza.... Pff

I see GT story exactly the same as the PlayStation 3 one, without changing the mentality(management) PD will end up like Evolution did.

I just love it. PD are NEVER going to change, I accepted that now, at the latest. I wanna make a bet and say that:
1. The sounds will still be very disappointing, even if improved.
2. The physics will be good, not more, they will not be the best and not even overly impressive for their given time and hardware.
3. A.I. will be marginally improved, if at all.
4. The track and car count, considering the development time, will be disappointing (less tracks than GT6, less than 400 cars to choose from).
5. The framerate will yet again be no constant 60 frames, while being improved from GT6.
6. There will still be noticable aliasing and tearing.
7. Online will be...well, really horrible, as it has always been, while trying to represent the Sport "motorsports" through an online mode...
8. Metactritics will be around 80-85, lowest ranked GT in history possibly.
9. Will be lowest selling mainline GT after GT6.
10. Will further damage the GT brand massively.
Mark my words, I would bet 50 bucks ALL of the prophecized will come true, and 100 bucks, that at least half of the points I made will be fulfilled. Yes I am disappointed.
Edit:
11. There will still be no damage, and if there will be, it will suck just like the one in GT5.
12. The tuning will not be as extensive and detailed as in GT1, yet again, and will feature stupid glitches like in GT5 and GT6, yet again.
13. The livery editor will disappoint most people.
14. There will be no engine swapping.
p.s. feel free to copy my post and add to the list. I actually think it will hilarious to see how most of the points will come out as true, maybe actually all of them...

Last edited:
If Gran Turismo wasn't such a valuable franchise with such a strong sales record, Sony would have closed down PD a long time ago based on their current work ethic.

The studio could always turn to developing infotainment systems for cars; it worked for the Nissan GT-R.

The problem is that as long Forza Motorsport wont come to Playstation (what a stund whould that be ;))

We dont have a nice racing game in my opinion for the PS4 like GT

Project Cars and Asetto ar not GT or Forza and i like those games more. I have Project Cars but ita not the same not is nice and nowhere near as big....

I had Forza 6 awsome game but i having two consoles. Xbox One just for Forza is stupid.......

You really wouldn't think PD were a first party studio with nearly 20 years experience on the same base platform, would you? Kunos started out a decade ago as one man and AC was their first foray into consoles with a small team. They have delivered a good 'base' game this year. SMS have been around a long time under various guises but pCARS was their first game as a solo studio without a publisher and they also delivered a solid product. Yes, with delays, but it's out and evolving into a second game. Turn 10 were established purely to build a GT competitor and do so on a regular basis with good quality each time, they even branched out with another company who also deliver games as planned.

PD? The first party studio with exclusive early access to the hardware and given the absolute best knowledge of it? Still haven't delivered anything.

Shuhei Yoshida has a really difficult phone call before him ;) Since Death Stranding is years away Mark Cerny can take over to do it right this time.

So, wait. GT6 was part of the 15th anniversary celebration. Does that mean GTS will be part of the 20th?

I imagine it will confuse some people, since the games will only be four years apart. :P

If Gran Turismo wasn't such a valuable franchise with such a strong sales record, Sony would have closed down PD a long time ago based on their current work ethic.

Unfortunately, Polyphony will probably never be given the boot because of Kaz's position within Sony.

I had Forza 6 awsome game but i having two consoles. Xbox One just for Forza is stupid.......

But you get FOUR Forza games. FM 5 and 6, and Horizon 2 and 3. And in all likelihood, you'll have FM 7 not long after GTS comes out, if it does.

Here's my opinion on it. Firsf of all: Am I surprised because of the delay? Not really. Although I was quite optimistic about it's release date, I also expected it to be delayed as well. So, as I said: not too surprised.

Am I angry about it? Partly, yes. I was awaiting it's release since it's announcement, though I'm hoping (and I believe they will get the job done) they'll fix all the major flaws ahead of it's release, so I'm not too angry about the fact that I have to wait a bit more for the game to release.

My conclusion: I can live with the delay. Sure, it sucks on one side, but the "day one enjoyment" will be (should be) better with all major flaws fixed than with all major flaws not fixed.

First party PS developers:

Japan Studio - 4 PS4 games released
Bend Studio - Been working on ports and handheld, 1st PS4 game started in Jan 2015
Naughty Dog - Delayed, but their PS4 game came out May 2016 and the other half of the studio working on another
San Diego - 4 games released, two coming
Santa Monica - Several PS4 games released, some colloborative
Sucker Punch - Two PS4 games released
London Studio - Two PS4 games releaed
Guerilla Games - PS4 Launch title released, second full game due next year
Media Molecule - Worked on a Vita game then released in on PS4, second PS4 game on the way
PixelOpus - One PS4 game released

Polyphony Digital - Absolutely nothing released on PS4, won't be until some time in 2017.

How do Sony put up with it? As above, they're surely living on sales and the fact Kaz is on the board. That position can't be untenable though.

Pcars my be solid now (or since January) but definitely not when it launched

Back