Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Anyone having issues Matchmaking in Sport mode? Every time I try to boot up a race It hangs on the Preparing to Match, Please Wait. Stops you from exiting out Practicing and the only way to get back to the main Menu is to quit the game :( Had It twice now and Can't start a race.

I mentioned it on the Photo forum. But the lighting in this game is to another level and makes it look better than other racers. If only rain was included in the game, it would have looked all the more beautiful. However, the lack of details on the wheels, engine bays and dash boards from exterior view during photo mode on race replays is quite disappointing and below Driveclub's and Forza's.

I know people love people love scapes, but that is for more panoramic shots. I much prefer taking closeup shots of cars and their details and that is where the premium cars in GT 5 and 6 looked at their most beautiful. Hope they add a conventional photo mode to place cars alongside the scapes mode.

Last edited:
I mentioned it on the Photo forum. But the lighting in this game is to another level and makes it look better than other racers. If only rain was included in the game, it would have looked all the more beautiful. However, the lack of details on the wheels, engine bays and dash boards from exterior view during photo mode on race replays is quite disappointing and a below Driveclub's.

I know people love people love scapes, but that is for more panoramic shots. I much prefer taking closeup shots of cars and their details and that is where the premium cars in GT 5 and 6 looked at their most beautiful. Hope they add a conventional photo mode to place cars alongside the scapes mode.

I have a funny feeling this only the beginning. I think a snow/ice track will come in a near future update. I think we will see more road and classic cars soon via DLC and snow tracks Chamonix and hopefully Nurburgring (rain) or at least a wet track (as in the beta they had options for wet and snow tyres) 👍

Anyone having issues Matchmaking in Sport mode? Every time I try to boot up a race It hangs on the Preparing to Match, Please Wait. Stops you from exiting out Practicing and the only way to get back to the main Menu is to quit the game :( Had It twice now and Can't start a race.
Jep same here. Unable to join an online race in Sport. Only qualifying works right now.

Wow.. Getting all kinds of goosebumps playing this. Its so very gran turismo in many ways.

And they have done it again with an original track. That Lago Maggiore GP is AMAZING.. :drool::cheers:

Makes me happy i stuck with Sony and Playstation instead of jumping to xbox train. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I'm a bit confused with the online sport mode.

So, I go to enter and sometimes it requires me 40 minutes to wait before I can even enter. Is this right? And then when the entry is finally available, it takes 15 additional minutes for the race to start, in which I can qualify during this time but it is still a very long wait for the final race and a lot of time to dedicate to just one race.

So my question is...why does it take so long to get into a Sport online race? Why don't they just match-make people with each other, similar to traditional matchmaking systems as seen in games like Call of Duty, etc. I think it would be much better if you selected between two groups of cars: 1) the faster race cars and then 2) the traditional road cars. Then it would match-make you automatically and put you into a game within 2 minutes, choosing the car class for you depending on if you went with the faster race cars or traditional type road cars.

Why does it take SO long to get into a race? Will this be fixed in the final version.

The last Stage 6 mission is a 30 lap race, if you mean that. You have to pass all Stage 1 missions first.

No I meant the Daily Races in Sport Mode. The first few races of the day in the Gr4 category at Maggiore were with fuel consumption on and an amount of fuel in the car at the start that required use of the fuel mapping in order to be able to get to the end without a pitstop. I didn't realise this in the first race and ran out of fuel partway into the final lap.

However after a couple of hours PD must've changed the perimeters somewhat as the last Gr4 race I did there before heading to work was with no fuel consumption, which was a bit of a shame because after my initial mistake I was cleaning up in the ones after because people were still learning about the fuel maps and I had them sorted.

Hey guys, so I'm a bit confused with the online sport mode.

So, I go to enter and sometimes it requires me 40 minutes to wait before I can even enter. Is this right? And then when the entry is finally available, it takes 15 additional minutes for the race to start, in which I can qualify during this time but it is still a very long wait for the final race and a lot of time to dedicate to just one race.

So my question is...why does it take so long to get into a Sport online race? Why don't they just match-make people with each other, similar to traditional matchmaking systems as seen in games like Call of Duty, etc. I think it would be much better if you selected between two groups of cars: 1) the faster race cars and then 2) the traditional road cars. Then it would match-make you automatically and put you into a game within 2 minutes, choosing the car class for you depending on if you went with the faster race cars or traditional type road cars.

Why does it take SO long to get into a race? Will this be fixed in the final version.

That is how Sport mode works, it won't be changed. You can qualify whenever you want and it cycles through the 3 races every hour, one every 20 mins. I'm not sure if the cycles go on 24/7, they didn't last beta, but I assume they are now.

I have a funny feeling this only the beginning. I think a snow/ice track will come in a near future update. I think we will see more road and classic cars soon via DLC and snow tracks Chamonix and hopefully Nurburgring (rain) or at least a wet track (as in the beta they had options for wet and snow tyres) 👍

I hope so. Weather, more tracks and cars are what I am waiting for. Seeing things like this is disappointing:

GT Sport demo

20171009195731.jpg 20171009185556.jpg

Compared to Driveclub

DRIVECLUB™_20171009190617.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20171009190149.jpg

All these photos were taken during a race replay, on a regular PS4, by me, completely unmolested. Not even using any ingame camera features to enhance or detract from the quality of the images.

Now graphics aren't everything but still disappointing considering what PD were touting. :(

Last edited:
Golded the final S6 event barely on my first try. I used Fuel map 4 and only pit twice. The last lap I had to be a c:censored: and block the BMW and Lambo. It wasn't particularly hard, just long.

The thing that concerns me is after I got done, the servers were in maintenance. If it didn't save I'm gonna throw my controller out the window.

Edit: IT DIDN'T SAVE? F:censored: off.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this question in....

I would assume there's no way of reverting cars you own to other factory colors? Would be nice if you could change the color of your car (not in the livery editor) to a factory color. I'd love to take photos of different factory colors of some cars, but that doesn't seem to be the case. At least on the cars you own, I know you can do it with those special manufacturer scapes with the rentals. Going to suck if I get a car I want, but not the color I want. :indiff:

Edit: I forgot that Forza allowed you to revert a car back to a factory color. Hope it's something that could be implemented into GTS.

Random on track shot, doesn't even look focused. Nice comparison. Also that driveclub rim looks hilariously bad textured, even against a non fully rendered gt sport shot.

:lol:Nicely try, but no cigar I knew someone would say I missed something with baseless, factless comments, despite the detail I gave on how I took the photos. Both were fully focused and on maximum shutter speed. Guess the lack of polygons on the GT Sport demo escape you? Perhaps you can do better to back up your statements? Perhaps I should have deliberately misabelled the GT Sport pictures as Driveclubs and vice versa and you would still praise GT Sport and criticise Driveclub? It is what it is. Take what you will from it. But I would appreciate if I didn't try and discredit my post with baseless lies. I have provided proof. You?

:lol:Nicely try, but no cigar I knew someone would say I missed something with baseless, factless comments, despite the detail I gave on how I took the photos. Both were fully focused and on maximum shutter speed. Guess the lack of polygons on the GT Sport demo escape you? Perhaps you can do better to back up your statements? Perhaps I should have deliberately misabelled the GT Sport pictures as Driveclubs and vice versa and you would still praise GT Sport and criticise Driveclub? It is what it is. Take what you will from it. But I would appreciate if I didn't try and discredit my post with baseless lies. I have provided proof. You?

The rims on driveclub still looks like hot garbage, my point stands. I did misread your original post though. My bad.

Latest Posts

Back