Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
"Matt Southern, Evolution Studios group game director, has revealed his fear that the troubled launch and subsequent commercial failure of MotorStorm Apocalypse "might be the end" of the Sony-owned developer "

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-30-motorstorm-boss-feared-apocalypse-failure-might-be-the-end-of-evolution

No, it was Kazunori Yamauchi that closed Evolution. :dunce:

And yup, that looks like GT. The flybys give it away.

rqR2IVF.png

Good density and randomness.

Whilst one cannot make a guaranteed connection to Gran Turismo based upon a short rendering sequence, there is an underlying similarity to that of a trailer directly released by PolyPhony Digital.

As for the Nissan GT-R, its lovely.

At first I thought it was PS3 but that Nordschleife is pretty much brand new, and the lighting and reflections resemble what was shown in the PGW trailer alot.

Good to have further confirmation that the tracks are receiving a much needed cohesive visual update. While the new tracks (Spa, Bathurst, Brands, RedBull) are great visually, I always felt they were a few steps under the cars still, and at moments they clashed.

From what I can see so far, it seems like that difference will be normalized. :bowdown:

Sorry to be that guy (great find, Carffeine!) but isn't anyone else a bit miffed that PD have given Nissan that footage to use for their GTR launch yet give us dribbling fans nothing?

I genuinely don't understand how PD think it a good idea. The only possible thing I can think of is that PD are so in deep with the manufacturers they get first dibs? That just sounds ridiculous though.

Sorry to be that guy (great find, Carffeine!) but isn't anyone else a bit miffed that PD have given Nissan that footage to use for their GTR launch yet give us dribbling fans nothing?

I genuinely don't understand how PD think it a good idea. The only possible thing I can think of is that PD are so in deep with the manufacturers they get first dibs? That just sounds ridiculous though.
They're most certainly getting paid for it. Money for a service is generally a good idea for any business running on a budget.

So what's the consensus? Is this genuine GTS/GT7 footage?

I think it all points in the right direction. I mean let's see:

• Car Model looks like GT
  • Track Model looks like GT
  • Physics (what can be seen at least) looks like GT
The final blow was the "Gran Turismo" being seen on the helmet. In my opinion, it has to be one of the upcoming games.

So what's the consensus? Is this genuine GTS/GT7 footage?

Yup. It's not GT6 footage, as the lighting and trackside detail will attest to, the driver has a GT helmet not unlike the one that appeared in the first GTS trailer, and the camera position/motion blur/flybys/lighting is all very Polyphony. The lighting actually reminds me of that Lexus RC F shot that was leaked just before Christmas...

I'd say yes.

Also, at 7:46 at half (even 1/4) speed, there is a long flat straight, that looks like nothing I've seen before on the Nurb... Looks more like Spa. I've already identified a few turns, such as Fuchsrohre, and the turns before and after that section..

Apart from actually knowing that it's actually a GT render already.... Wat?

Not exactly sure what you're leading at... But if this were simply a render I doubt it would have had the helmet detail. Looks to me almost like a replay function from in game used to debut the GTR.

Back