Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
so custom liveries aren’t available in sport mode??
They can be. The original N300 race had them, but the one-make Type R setup currently doesn't.

I'd imagine PD will switch things over to garage cars soon. This is probably to allow people to build up their garages and learn which cars they want to purchase.

They can be. The original N300 race had them, but the one-make Type R setup currently doesn't.

I'd imagine PD will switch things over to garage cars soon. This is probably to allow people to build up their garages and learn which cars they want to purchase.

good to hear, would be kind of pointless if they were only available in random lobbies.

Been finding some nice livery and photo gems in the "latest" tabs recently. As you get achievements for parcelling out likes for both, I thought my clicks would be of more use to artists that haven't got a large amount of followers or who took shots on the first morning to get to the front page.

Full disclosure, I don't have any liveries or photos as I can't into creativity.

IMG_3778.JPG
IMG_3783.JPG
IMG_3785.JPG
IMG_3786.JPG
Thought I'd share my setup with you guys.

Bull****. They removed it (if they even did) because PD cannot and has not made a competent GT game since GT3 (GT4 was close). They cannot handle making a complete game. The SP mode, if it was ever a thing, would have been removed so that they could concentrate their talent on MP only.

If we talk about "competent" I think GTS was the best racing game nowadays (graphic quality) IMO. I agree with your statement about "complete game" cause everything probably feels so different with the previous GTs (for some people, and even me ofc). This is probably because they are focusing on eSport, so there is no chances for offline player to play this game with. And maybe this is when the new era begins. Sometimes the transition is very difficult to accept, just a matter of time.

Been lurking for a while. Just wanted to say I feel really misled by this Weekly Races stuff.
The demo was fantastic, I was absolutely addicted to Sport mode. Game is damn solid.
I hope they bring back real daily races, or add way more events.
Hey man, welcome to the forum!

fortbo, is that flesh I see on your wall there in pic 01? LOL

Dig the tank too, man. Been keeping fish since I was 3.

If we talk about "competent" I think GTS was the best racing game nowadays (graphic quality) IMO. I agree with your statement about "complete game" cause everything probably feels so different with the previous GTs (for some people, and even me ofc). This is probably because they are focusing on eSport, so there is no chances for offline player to play this game with. And maybe this is when the new era begins. Sometimes the transition is very difficult to accept, just a matter of time.

I like GTS quite a lot, but I think what I meant was that PD ability to manage their projects has been terrible since GT5. Most of their games are practically half finished, so it really is a good thing they've decided to cut things back a bit with GTS. I just don't think the 'we decided to cut Career mode to focus on MP' is honest, really what Kaz is saying is 'we don't want another generation of GT like it was on PS3 so we cut it back'.

I like GTS quite a lot, but I think what I meant was that PD ability to manage their projects has been terrible since GT5. Most of their games are practically half finished, so it really is a good thing they've decided to cut things back a bit with GTS. I just don't think the 'we decided to cut Career mode to focus on MP' is honest, really what Kaz is saying is 'we don't want another generation of GT like it was on PS3 so we cut it back'.

Oh I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. It's clearly means we should not expect we'll get a new GT like the old one GTs.

Still devs can give both things to one game . so everyone choosing how to play it. Forza makes that perfect .
Buy enjoying game in arcade mode a lot.only tryed maybe 4 tracks yesterday. Because i try all times and look how tracks look in diff time of day.its amazing how they look really. Mostly fog in morning then so nice sunset on evenings. Just amazing views.
Went to see how much new cars i would buy for myself from all manufacturers and well its about 15 maybe 20 cars maximum. Thats all road cars there is really. Haha.
First 2 cars i bought were mustang and camaro.amazing how cheap they are andbthey put your camaro against mclarens and porsches. Wow. So hard to catch those AI in proper sports cars with your heavy and tail happy mustang . but i did and i won but boy that was some chalange.mustang with hard tires its just no like hard turns at all. Lots fun trying to learn car .

Anyone know how birthday cars are linked to the PSN account? I always get the birthday car on my dad's birthday, so I think it's credit-card related. Looking to get my prize soon.

Anyone know how birthday cars are linked to the PSN account? I always get the birthday car on my dad's birthday, so I think it's credit-card related. Looking to get my prize soon.
Did you happen to use your dads account or info for the PSN account?

It's one thing for Sony Australia to say that they'll send me the game, but it's quite another to ACTUALLY RECEIVE IT one day after release. I didn't think it would happen so long after the event and the delay, I mean... Stuff like this simply doesn't happen to me. The game is great as expected, and I'm not putting it down for a long time. Sorry Project Cars 2, move over because GT is back. I don't care if it's mediocre in some areas, I don't care if the sounds are average, I don't care if people hate on it and I don't care if the track list is small. All that is irrelevant when you can not only own and drive cars, but PAINT IT and make it yours. It's something that GT does so well, something which no game has come close to replicating. You have FULL control over the look of your car. Project Cars 2 has better sounds and physics, but it lacks connection; you're just "given" the car and can't make it unique. Man oh man, this franchise stays so true to it's values; you just know when you're playing a GT game and UGGGGHHHH, I can't put a finger on it... I'm always excited to play a new GT game, and this is no different. All we need now is more great content.

It's linked to the psn account so if your using your dad's psn account it's because when he made it he put his birthday in.

Did you happen to use your dads account or info for the PSN account?

It's linked to the psn account so if your using your dad's psn account it's because when he made it he put his birthday in.

I have edited this information around GT6's timeline. The only thing that wasn't technically mine was the credit card used. I never used a sub-account. The card information has been changed since.

It's one thing for Sony Australia to say that they'll send me the game, but it's quite another to ACTUALLY RECEIVE IT one day after release. I didn't think it would happen so long after the event and the delay, I mean... Stuff like this simply doesn't happen to me. The game is great as expected, and I'm not putting it down for a long time. Sorry Project Cars 2, move over because GT is back. I don't care if it's mediocre in some areas, I don't care if the sounds are average, I don't care if people hate on it and I don't care if the track list is small. All that is irrelevant when you can not only own and drive cars, but PAINT IT and make it yours. It's something that GT does so well, something which no game has come close to replicating. You have FULL control over the look of your car. Project Cars 2 has better sounds and physics, but it lacks connection; you're just "given" the car and can't make it unique. Man oh man, this franchise stays so true to it's values; you just know when you're playing a GT game and UGGGGHHHH, I can't put a finger on it... I'm always excited to play a new GT game, and this is no different. All we need now is more great content.

I know you're happy, but this sounds like a paid for post.

GT is above all racing games, a father of racing!

I'm actually enjoyng the game a lot, and I don't even have a PsPlus subscription.

F1, Forza 7 and Project Cars 2 are taking a lot of dust (PC2 is not even installed yet :lol: )

Same, I've yet to punch the PS+ code in to my PS4
10 hrs in and still not seeing why folk were crying about "lack of single player content" !

10 hrs in and still not seeing why folk were crying about "lack of single player content" !

I spend a lot of time just going around in time trial, trying different cars and tracks. School driving is big enough too and scapes are literally amazing.

Social features are really well made, looking to friends shots and stats is really simple and interesting. Solid game for me.

I've always used automatic gears in the racing games i play. Will I have to switch to manual to compete with the fast times that are being set? As I said earlier, I am about 2-4 seconds off the fastest laps on each track (except the ovals!). Also, do people find themselves faster with a wheel or controller? I'm using a T300RS and couldn't go back to using the DS4 (I did try it, but made me realise just how much better the game is with a wheel!).

Same. And only tryed yet couple first tracks with couple cars. Its so addictive you start play and time just flies.
Using no hud, manual with ds4. First time to try track with no map , nothing, its so great to remember track not using map or any hud stuff

Back