Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Interesting abstract:
I plan to introduce an outline of the paper by implementing the paper "A Material Point Method for Snow Simulation" [1] published by A. Stomakhin et al. At SIGGRAPH 2013 [CG Technology Implementation and Mathematics 2018]. This paper uses a hybrid method of lattice and particle called Material Point Method (MPM), a user-controllable elasto-plastic construction model is constructed and used for snow simulation. This method is based on a continuum, and from its hybrid characteristics, it is possible to handle self collision and crushing naturally by using a uniform Cartesian grid.Furthermore, a stable time integration result can be obtained independent of the number of particles by an integration method using lattice-based semi-implicit method.This method is incorporated as a core function of Matterhorn [2], a production simulator of Walt Disney Animation Studios, and it is used for the special effect of snow of the animation work "Anna and the Snow Queen" [3].

It reminds me this position: http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruit/jobs/974/

・Development of a rigid body simulator
・Development of an elastic body simulator
・Development of a fluid body simulator
・Development of a rag doll simulator
・Development of other physics simulators

Snow deformation?

Last edited:
Forbes article: Monaco circuit coming to GTSport?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterl...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#42ea6c456617
"Monaco of course is the famous street circuit that stages the most popular F1 race of the year, and a track that will no doubt be an integral part of the world final. Whoever wins the American final, they will have to know the twisty street track well, a course that is notorious for being one of the most difficult to overtake."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterl...ource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#42ea6c456617
"Monaco of course is the famous street circuit that stages the most popular F1 race of the year, and a track that will no doubt be an integral part of the world final. Whoever wins the American final, they will have to know the twisty street track well, a course that is notorious for being one of the most difficult to overtake."
"It uses the new PlayStation 4 platform and requires competitors to race at tracks like Japan’s Fuji Speedway, France’s Sarthe Circuit, Britain’s Brands Hatch and America’s Laguna Seca piloting a whole variety of machines from production sports and supercars to World Endurance Championship spec cars".
Am I missing something here?? :confused: translation error?

"It uses the new PlayStation 4 platform and requires competitors to race at tracks like Japan’s Fuji Speedway, France’s Sarthe Circuit, Britain’s Brands Hatch and America’s Laguna Seca piloting a whole variety of machines from production sports and supercars to World Endurance Championship spec cars".
Am I missing something here?? :confused: translation error?

That's a very specific translation error.So,this month we get Catalunya and next month Laguna Seca?Lots of real world tracks coming,must be hard to make fictional tracks but i'm surprised we haven't got new layouts for fictional tracks.

That's a very specific translation error.So,this month we get Catalunya and next month Laguna Seca?Lots of real world tracks coming,must be hard to make fictional tracks but i'm surprised we haven't got new layouts for fictional tracks.
That's what I was saying earlier, about how Kaz mentioned fictional cars take longer to develop. Same could be for tracks. We have many fantasy cars. Now PD are able to churn out the real cars quicker with help. We'll see.

That's what I was saying earlier, about how Kaz mentioned fictional cars take longer to develop. Same could be for tracks. We have many fantasy cars. Now PD are able to churn out the real cars quicker with help. We'll see.

Could be,to make a real world track PD probably have all the data and laserscans so they have something to go with it,with a fictional track they have to make all that data themselves,no laserscans.

I hope so! I love this track!!

I think they could be only just talking GT6? I dunno man...

After checking the Article, its from today so Definitely an awkward time to be talking about GT6.

Maybe they are reffering to the location/venue of the finals being in Monaco and not so much the track.

Am i the only guy that thinks that LaFerrari is way too overpowered (as in too much power on the throttle, not as in game-changer OP)? The car literally spins wheels on 4th gear and hits almost 370 km/h on Nordschleife straight. I barely managed to get 320 km/h when i played pCARS2 at my friend's place

to be honest, where are new cars in the franchise, we had most of the times cars that got from GT5-GT6 (standard and premium cars), to GTS (except the A110 premiere 17, the aston martin DB11, the Honda S660 and some others)
is missing the giulia QV or even a Megane R.S. from 2018 or any new cars came out recently
(i don't want to say they forced to do completaly new cars in GTS) but i mean at least 2 cars out of 10-9-8 or whatever month update is.
(changing the topic btw)

I agree that I’d like to see some new metal since a majority of what we’ve gotten are GT5/6 premium ports, but we have actually gotten a fair amount of new cars. In addition to what you listed off the top of my head I know we’ve also gotten the ‘16 Audi LMP car (it was in the very first 3-car pack way back when), BMW E30, Pantera, two new Porsche 911s, a pre-BMW mini, Ford F-150, the full SGT lineup, an actual profession drift car, the Subaru TT car, Hamilton’s 2017 F1 car, and on a technicality we have the new Supra in GT3 spec. And we’ll be getting the 22b this month. So that’s 18 new models, and there’s also been SEMA winners and VGTs on top of that.

So like 20-25% of DLC cars have in fact been new. I share the sentiment that I’d like more modern cars (full range from road, sport, super, hyper, and race cars), but I don’t think PD’s offerings of new metal have been bad (aside from that pesky duplicate Clio).

Am i the only guy that thinks that LaFerrari is way too overpowered (as in too much power on the throttle, not as in game-changer OP)? The car literally spins wheels on 4th gear and hits almost 370 km/h on Nordschleife straight. I barely managed to get 320 km/h when i played pCARS2 at my friend's place

In Circuit de la Sarthe without chicanes it will do 403km/h (stock, with Racing: Super Soft tires). It is the only N-class car in the game to reach speeds like that.

Back