Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
TICKETING UPDATE!

gtSPORTCOMMUNITY-2.jpg

I want to give you guys in the forums early access to GTPlanet's tickets before we announce their availability on the blog tomorrow. You are the most die-hard fans that we have, and you deserve early access.

Click here to make your reservation in the GTPlanet Store.

Keep in mind that each GTPlanet ticket will admit two adults (18+), so if you want to pair up or bring a friend, you only need to reserve one ticket. You must be in the UK to reserve a ticket; if you are outside the UK but will be traveling to the event, contact me directly and we may be able to work something out.

Besides, it's better for the site to have Jordan and other staff members at the event, while some of the writing team is standing on guard to get the news out to you all as fast as possible. 👍
^ This! I'm really hopeful of our ability to provide better coverage thanks to our expanded editorial team. I have learned so much from covering previous GT events, and we're going to give this one all we've got.

Hey @Jordan, for the Q&A session, are there any questions we here on GTP can put forward to be asked and possibly answered?

Like, should we create new thread and then the best questions are picked?
I think that's a good idea. I expect there will be two Q&A sessions with Kazunori: private media sessions in multiple languages on Thursday, and the "public" Q&A on Friday.

Having a thread with recommended questions will help GTPlanet members know what to ask on Friday, and may help us get more information from the event overall. 👍

This is some unprecedented stuff coming from PD/Sony. If we thought Rhonda was big, this is gonna be 3X bigger! We probably gonna find out all we need to know about GTS with all the exclusives the GTP team will have access to

I live in the US so I have no shot at attending but I'm all hyped up about what's to come in just a few weeks

And yet some people think this is lame :rolleyes:

That gradient is so very aesthetic. Makes sense, Kaz did say he wanted to make the next representative of the current year when it releases.

Vaporwave for GT Sport is all but confirmed at this point. @el fayce

I sincerely hope GT Sport does ditch the muzak for some deliciously wavy vapor.

Show us realistic collisions like in FM and decent visual/mechanical damage, an advanced livery editor like in FM, a platform to share liveries and setups like in FM(4), good sounds like in FM, visual immersion like in FM (no freaking static cockpit camera for example), clutch use with the controller like in FM... or go home, PD.

And please keep the time/speed penalties in multiplayer.

Wishing I lived in the UK now...

Seriously, PD never fails to impress.

Three years ago they took over Silverstone to announce GT6 to the press, and now for GTS's unveiling, they're taking over a former Olypmic venue for two days, and even allowing the public to participate and win FIA trophies... wonder what'll be in store for GT7!

Not to mention that they took over the town of Ronda for GT6's launch. Wonder what GT Sport's launch party will be like. FIA's headquarters are at Place de la Concorde, the biggest square in Paris, so maybe they'll take that over?

Ah-ha! Kaz is using these big fancy events as a cover to his Wine addiction. I'm on to you, Yamauchi-San.

For everyone going: keep an eye on @Jordan because he's a groper.

He knows what I'm talking about. :lol:

Wuuuuuut

German premier of GTS at the Nurburgring ... nice! Wonder if PD is just going to start taking over FIA events now :lol:

What I learnt today is that dude can drive a train, quite a long entertaining journey but still made it safely and successfully.

Multiplying snakes on a Monday-to-Friday train, that's just amazing :lol:

As far as I know right now, the press conference itself will not be streamed by PlayStation as it is happening - an edit will be shown a few hours later, immediately before the competition broadcasts begin. I will be co-hosting the official live stream and we'll review everything that is announced.

Having said that, I will be sharing news from the press conference live via GTPlanet, so you'll have all the news the minute that it's released.

gtSPORTCOMMUNITY-2-638x319.jpg

Tickets for the Community Event on the 20th is something all of you in the UK need to be ready for. In addition to PlayStation UK's tickets (which opens at 8:00am UK time tomorrow, May 13th), GTPlanet has been assigned 50 tickets for our community members. Tickets will be reserved via the GTPlanet Store, and I will announce their availability on the blog shortly.

:eek:

*Pauses*

Who am I kidding, none of them are for me :indiff:

Meanwhile, in Canada...

:(

The feels, man.

sur·prise -- an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing

I always liked that PD's silence probably just means they're into the definition of surprise. A rarity of sorts in this 21st Social media Century...

Yeaaa it's gonna be great to see this completely mysterious game in use at the event, and good stuff GTPlanet is right there in the mix for the reveal. 👍

Show us realistic collisions like in FM and decent visual/mechanical damage, an advanced livery editor like in FM, a platform to share liveries and setups like in FM(4), good sounds like in FM, visual immersion like in FM (no freaking static cockpit camera for example), clutch use with the controller like in FM... or go home, PD.

And please keep the time/speed penalties in multiplayer.

Or you could just play Forza..

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody said earlier in this thread that there would be an announcement on a future announcement.

I just need to say that guy is the modern Nostradamus, sadly, I don't remember who that was.

Gran Turismo Sport Will Be Playable at Nürburgring 24 Hour Event
like i said on January!!!
:cheers::gtpflag:👍
and i will be there for one more time with my bro @Flaco13 and Kaz!
be sure that i will upload some good vids from GTS!!!
Duuuuuuude, you need to film EVERY CAR from that demo please! And film entire laps if possible. Try to use a really good HD camera, if possible! Thx in advance. I am ******* stoked!

I think that's a good idea. I expect there will be two Q&A sessions with Kazunori: private media sessions in multiple languages on Thursday, and the "public" Q&A on Friday.

Having a thread with recommended questions will help GTPlanet members know what to ask on Friday, and may help us get more information from the event overall. 👍

Excellent, I'll get cracking on a new thread when I've got time today.

I'M GOING!!!!!! Can't believe it... !
Thank you so much for the heads up on this :gtpflag: and @Jordan

Will post more of my thoughts later but must get to work and tell them lol

PS There are 119 tickets left on Eventbrite - you need to be quick if you want one!
Seems like there were only 200 tickets at the start when I bashed F5 :lol: plus the 50 reserved here, so 250 in total?

Thank you again :gtplanet: and all at PD and Sony who have arranged this. :cheers:

Roll on next week... :)

I will try to keep an eye on the questions thread when it goes up @TayeezSA

@Jordan - are you there for both days?

Got my ticket at 8am through Eventbrite (didn't see the GTP store version until afterwards, my bad). I'll try to remember to keep an eye on the questions thread.

Edit: Although if you want comparisons with other current racing games I'm the wrong person to ask, as the last racing games I bought were Grid Autosport and before that, GT6... on release.

Last edited:
Gtsport official wheel?
T500 t300?
Dualshock 4?:D
Good question but i think that by the time GTSport will be out, a modern version of theDFGT will be already out.
I love my DFGT, cheap and reliable. I'm so sorry i'll have to sell it this month...
@TayeezSA A good idea'd be to check all the most voted questions and pick up the most useful as inspiration, time's changed and there are just so many thing to ask instead of the stale "will there be a livery editor?"

I'M GOING!!!!!! Can't believe it... !
Thank you so much for the heads up on this :gtpflag: and @Jordan

Will post more of my thoughts later but must get to work and tell them lol

PS There are 119 tickets left on Eventbrite - you need to be quick if you want one!
Seems like there were only 200 tickets at the start when I bashed F5 :lol: plus the 50 reserved here, so 250 in total?

Thank you again :gtplanet: and all at PD and Sony who have arranged this. :cheers:

Roll on next week... :)

I will try to keep an eye on the questions thread when it goes up @TayeezSA
Glad you got them! To be honest I'm surprised there are any left, I thought they would all be snapped up in seconds. Enjoy and make sure you report back on you're exciting day.

I slept very well !

I'm very excited by the GT Sport event!

I just hope that the beta will be available on PS Store a few days or weeks after the event so that we can test! I asked question to GT Facebook, I await the answer :)

Back