Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I'm not worried, no.

The Paris reveal of GT Sport might have been a bit too early. Personally, I think PlayStation Europe really wanted it to be announced there, and the importance of Polyphony's relationship with the Paris-based FIA (and Bugatti, also French) cannot be understated, either.

I already have some things pencilled in on my calendar for next year. Roll on 2016. 👍
Can you give us a more detailed insight into your calendar? :gtpflag:

Anyone think we might see GT sport this weekend?

recent GTPlanet News excerpt:

"First mentioned on the Japanese PlayStation Blog, before then being confirmed by Polyphony themselves care of the PitStop, Gran Turismo will have a presence at this weekend’s Tokyo Auto Salon. There are some surprises to be had, too."

from 0:43 .. :grumpy:

I spy with my little eye, GT Sport showbags!
l6QFpTk.png

(how do I get rid of that unworking image below, it just won't go away)
l6QFpTk.png

Last edited:
*Remembers the five year wait for GT5 and three year wait for GT6*

Ugh never again...

No wonder people are disappointed when they expect the next release to come on the heels of another, especially from one console gen to the next.

I would consider 2008 a realistic GT5 release date. It's a bit unreasonable to say the wait was 5 years. So they got behind the curve and are behind their competitors. Big deal, new games will come eventually.

How come nobody complains about the 4 year gap between GT3 & 4? Granted GT3 came out early in the PS2 era, but how come no outrage about GT4 not being released in 2004, or even 2003? After all, PD was able to rip off three full titles in six years bridging two different consoles. At least there were prologues for the impatient.

So maybe the experts can explain what PD is up against keeping themselves on track for producing a game every two years.

It's a bit unreasonable to say the wait was 5 years.

Not really. That's how long it took them to make GT5 after they finished GT4.

How come nobody complains about the 4 year gap between GT3 & 4?

I guess you weren't around at the time, huh?

GT4 was scheduled to come out Christmas 2003. It was delayed, and so GT4P was put out as a consolation to stop the fans from screaming quite so loudly. A lot of people were still pretty pissed off.

So yes, people complained about delays for GT4, pretty extensively. Fortunately, PD used that time to make what is arguably the best game of the series, and so in hindsight the delay seems to be justified.

That same argument was used while we were waiting for GT5. At the time Polyphony had a record of taking their time, but delivering spectacular results in return. The assumption was that GT5 would be a product that surpassed even GT4, a game truly worthy of 5 years of development. It wasn't, and that's why GT5 gets nailed for long dev times and GT4 doesn't.

You don't see people complaining about GTA V taking too long, because even though it took five years as well and some people were getting pretty salty about it near the end, the actual release turned out to be more than worth it.

If Polyphony starts putting out some games that actually seem like they've used the development time between games wisely, then maybe they'll stop catching flak for it. Neither GT5 or GT6 look like products that 120+ people worked on for 5 and 3 years respectively.

Anyone think we might see GT sport this weekend?

recent GTPlanet News excerpt:

"First mentioned on the Japanese PlayStation Blog, before then being confirmed by Polyphony themselves care of the PitStop, Gran Turismo will have a presence at this weekend’s Tokyo Auto Salon. There are some surprises to be had, too."

...are you intentionally selectively quoting me?

Why do you think people have been actively discussing it in this thread for at least 3 pages?
I haven't been on GTP forums for like a week. :D Didn't read the last three pages just read todays post to see if it was mentioned. :D

Same GT Sport trailer shown on the stream, nothing new! There is a new picture, which I posted in the appropriate thread.

Edit: The Gran Turismo portion of the stream has ended with only one new screenshot being 'unveiled'.

Last edited:
Almost certainly. If they were at the stage where they could have a private beta, they'd be at the stage where they could have a demo at a car show instead of continuing to promote GT6.

I've been reviewing the NeoGAF community in PS4 and I saw an interesting message.

2rmkzed.png

GT Sport Private Beta?

I saw something on the Playstation Forum a while back also I think .. I thought it was fake but now think that it could possibly be real yet very exclusive and a secret ..

From GT's facebook :
Q : When is GT Sport do to arrive. Sony announced this was scheduled to arrive early this year. Lol

A : Hi
Jacob, we're not considering GT Sport as a Beta of GT7. GT Sport will be a full stand-alone GT title introducing innovative and never-before-seen game modes that no other driving game on console can feature, thanks to our partnership with the FIA. GT Sport Beta is scheduled for 2016 and so the release of GT Sport. For more information keep your eyes open on the official page. émoticône winkhttp://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/

I hope that all these answers on fb mean some news very soon.

Back