Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I have my doubts about the car count...

Even if they made a higher polygon count "skeletons" I would imagine the car would still require a lot of work to be of similar quality of Driveclub cars.

I don't know how it works and I'm basing my speculation on this : when remaster of a PS3/360 comes out there's often a video of developers speaking about how they could do it because "we create a very high quality assets and then scale it down so PS3/360 can run it. With the remaster we use this assets in their original form"

All I'm saying is that remasters with these uncompressed assets still look nowhere close to a game made for a PS4/XBO from the ground up.

So they could've saved some time but the cars probably aren't straight up ready to be used in GTS.

I have my doubts about the car count...

Even if they made a higher polygon count "skeletons" I would imagine the car would still require a lot of work to be of similar quality of Driveclub cars.

I don't know how it works and I'm basing my speculation on this : when remaster of a PS3/360 comes out there's often a video of developers speaking about how they could do it because "we create a very high quality assets and then scale it down so PS3/360 can run it. With the remaster we use this assets in their original form"

All I'm saying is that remasters with these uncompressed assets still look nowhere close to a game made for a PS4/XBO from the ground up.

So they could've saved some time but the cars probably aren't straight up ready to be used in GTS.

If the premium models where modeled on a PS4-Devkit and then scaled down to PS3 this wouldn't be the case. If I remember correctly PD's engine should work on PS3 and PS4 and the PS3 engine is a scaled down engine for the PS4 one.

If it's not the case I think you are right.

Asked over Facebook about car count (20, 50 or over hundred) and support of old logitech wheels:

PDIs answer:

Hi Ronald, thanks for your kind words and understanding. While I can't go into details (as we don't really know yet... lots is happening right now!) I can tell you that GT Sport will have more than 100 cars. The wheels are a more complicated matter as it's not entirely up to our decision, so sometimes we have to compromise (PS4 can accept old peripherals only if the original manufacturer develop new drivers).

Finger crossed we'll have many good news to share soon.
Same "soon" as almost five months ago?
Gran Turismo@facebook (27th October)
The news all our fans were waiting for! Today we are extremely excited to announce the next chapter in the Gran Turismo series, "Gran Turismo SPORT"! Check the first details on the special page we created at the official website here http://bit.ly/1LWl53J and stay tuned for further updates coming soon! We also have a new trailer to show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmsP2aJ2cQk
:odd:

Vague question I know, but they got back to me with this... so I guess that's moving in the right direction :)

0311161005.jpg

Whoever the hell is behind these PR messages is seriously confusing me.

Agreed. But they obviously have to be in on some information about the game otherwise they wouldn't be hinting at anything to be included.

@Nico_Ble99 . I would say that's a pretty good down the middle response from them. They really don't have any room to comment on someone else's opinions, but it would still be nice to know something.

Well here is the problem: you can't just say you're including one of the most wanted features in GT to one individual person! At least let everyone know! That's not how it works Polyphony...

I completely agree! Still gives me some hope... Emphasis on "some" lol

What gives me hope is that as this communication is not done in public (which doesn't happen with PD), maybe we can expect something with these private messages :D. I'm ironic, nothing will happen :(

They should change up their vocabulary.

Naw. I mean, it seems appropriate considering that they're a Soony first party studio. ;)

That poor Facebook guy.

He's got the best job in the world. He gets paid to sit and watch Youtube while he rolls his face across his standard reply macros.

I would take that job in a heartbeat, and they wouldn't even need to inform me of anything about the game. Skip the training and get straight to work, I could write those replies blind.

That job is sick. I would tell them that Porsches will be in the game just to see GTP melt down.
While I'm sure it's not going along the way you're saying it, I'm willing to bet some misinformation is going to be coming out of those, and that people are going to be disappointed when official news is announced and the things talked about in the messages are no where to be seen.

I swear that Facebook guy just sounds like some random person behind a screen typing those replies and (if possibly or he knows) comes on GTP to see our reactions. This is rich and I think he knows that as well. :lol:

While I'm sure it's not going along the way you're saying it, I'm willing to bet some misinformation is going to be coming out of those, and that people are going to be disappointed when official news is announced and the things talked about in the messages are no where to be seen.
I should reword it so that we're planning to look into it then. :sly:

He's got the best job in the world. He gets paid to sit and watch Youtube while he rolls his face across his standard reply macros.

I would take that job in a heartbeat, and they wouldn't even need to inform me of anything about the game. Skip the training and get straight to work, I could write those replies blind.

Where the hell do I sign up for that? :lol:

More answers that say little we didn't know. Did anyone really expect less than 100 cars given they should have 500+ modeled by now? Everything else is a "maybe, we can't tell you ".

There was a time when everyone expected to see 1000+ premiums in GT5 - I don't think there is such a thing as a reasonable expectation when it comes to PD :P Yes you would expect a 100+ car count given what we know but that does assume they haven't cocked up the fabled "future-proofing", and as @CSLACR says we don't know if the car list will be deliberately restricted due to the potential nature of the game. So to have a vague estimate given is a small positive.

...So...many...FB...non-answers...

My brain hurts.

I've gotta hand it to whoever is responding to these inquiries - his deft handling of non-answers are Pulitzer worthy. :indiff:

Is PDI on any other social network sites other than FB? Like Instagram or something?

Back