Gran Turismo Sport Livery Thread and Discussion! (Read Original Post!)

PS_Messages_20171020_223650.jpg

A livery I'm working for me and a friends team cars.

Last edited:
Took my first foray into console livery editing. God I wish I could just use Photoshop. Anyway, this is still a work in progress. I realise the background to the Yokohama logo is causing an issue, but I'm sure I can remedy that once we get the logo uploader and/or colour match.

Anyway, here's how far I am so far on the PTG BMW E36 update for the M4.

ap_72B59640-875D-4359-9EB7-2C4FA7EA6CAD.jpeg
ap_B834B2E3-E10B-458E-BC42-94394D936EE4.jpeg
IMG_1035.JPG

Bare in mind this is my first go at this, so forgive the awkward lines in places haha

I just had kittens!!! I didn't realise I had to have the BMW selected for me to go back into the project (Thought i could just open project). Thought I'd lost it for a minute because I had a Porsche selected.

It depend cars. Golf (street model), A45, or Megane (street model) cant change wheels.

Now that you bring that up, might be a good time to make a list of cars you can't change wheels on and have the OP post it in the first post. That way, anyone having a similar issue will see why.

Now that you bring that up, might be a good time to make a list of cars you can't change wheels on and have the OP post it in the first post. That way, anyone having a similar issue will see why.

The Porsche GT3 RS, BMW i3 won't allow to change wheels. I have 45 cars but i haven't been able to check them all.

Fantastic Liveries guys, I'm so smitten with this ability in GT now. Falling deeper and deeper for this game. Going to try and get a livery up I made for the FT-1 GT GR3. Great work guys, I'll be looking to Download some of these!

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but when making a livery, can you make it so you can only use it yourself but others can still see it when racing online but can not download it to use it for themselves? I don't have the game yet (it should come in tomorrow) so i’m not familiar with it all yet :boggled:

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but when making a livery, can you make it so you can only use it yourself but others can still see it when racing online but can not download it to use it for themselves? I don't have the game yet (it should come in tomorrow) so i’m not familiar with it all yet :boggled:
Yes you can if you want only use it yourself, and people can still see it online.

Yep. When saving the design, you're asked if you want to upload it. You have to do so if you want to use it online, but the option to share is a separate choice after that.

As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no way people can re-purpose your liveries and share them as their own. Grabbing any community liveries keeps them in a separate category when picking paint jobs for your cars, and the livery editor itself only pulls from your personal files. 👍

My first attempt in the livery editor. Tried to recreate the 277 porsche of Magnus Walker.

Once the decal uploader is available I give it another try. Not really happy with using the wrong decals.

Attachments

• IMG-20171022-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20171022-WA0003.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 33
Can someone tell me how i can make the side inlet from the Cayman GT4 black? Because there is no shape that fits perfect so how i do that?

Iam a noob so sorry if it is a stupid question haha

I think you have to choose other on the left side of the screen and then choose left or right of the car. Then put a sticker on it. 👍

I'm not able to organize the following idea, because my head is too much a mess. But the following idea would be fun to participate sometimes !

30/60 Minute Livery Contest !

With some easy rules, there could be a contest where the organizer is almost sure nobody could cheat these kind of contests.

Screen capture of your liveries in home screen, as far I've noticed, the latest liveries you made are the first designs that shown, including the time top-flight in your homescreen.

So, every member of this contests would share at least 3 pictures ;
- Home screen with liveries you made so far + date/time notification
- Car that it's totally undone of any decal or paint chip (mostly white or black), again with date/time notification.
- Your final design after 30 or 60 minutes of Creative madness. Again time and date notification.

Besides those regulations, organization of those contests can also set some unique 'requests' for the contest. For example ;

30 minute Contest ; Make an "Apex" (fictional company) livery on a French car + French flag on the bonnet !

Very small change somebody made that before the challenge started.

Hope somebody or GTplanet itself can pick this up and we can have awesome challenges 👍

Back