Gran Turismo Sport - Master Track List

• Thread starter Samus
  • 646 comments
Just read an article from last year claiming Gran Turismo's has exclusive rights to pikes peak? Any signals it will be coming to GT sport?

GT Sport vs GT6

Real tracks at launch:

Bathurst
Nürburgring GP (/D still missing)
Nordschleife
Suzuka
Willow Springs Big Willow
Willow Springs Streets of Willow
Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile*(new)
Interlagos*(new)
Brands Hatch

Added:

Monza
Tsukuba
(took over 6 months, both already existed)

Still to go:

Circuit de La Sarthe
Goodwood Hill Climb
Red Bull Ring
Silverstone
Stowe
Ascari
Laguna Seca
Cote D’Azur (Monaco)
Spa-Francorchamps
Fuji
Indianapolis
Daytona
Twin Ring Motegi

Do the math...

I've always found sitting around complacently and just letting things happen to be more trivial, but to each their own.

I am playing the game I clearly find better. But paid for GTS, so feel entitled to discuss what is going on as much as anyone else. Be nice to not have to play a different game just to race at La Sarthe, Silverstone, Stowe, RBR, Laguna Seca, Monaco, Spa-Francorchamps, Fuji, Indianapolis and Daytona like I used to in GT6.

I just thought a little reality and hard facts might be worth posting. On a thread not supposed to be a wishlist, it seems a little reality isn't all that welcomed.

I've always found sitting around complacently and just letting things happen to be more trivial, but to each their own.

I am playing the game I clearly find better. But paid for GTS, so feel entitled to discuss what is going on as much as anyone else.

Not sure how not going around and doing the same old bellyaching as you do is considered "sitting around complacently and just letting things happen". Mind explaining how that style post here is a "Discussion" when all it appears to be is a comparison aimed solely at complaining about how all the tracks you want aren't in?

I just thought a little reality and hard facts might be worth posting. On a thread not supposed to be a wishlist, it seems a little reality isn't all that welcomed.

Where do you get the idea that "Reality and hard facts" isn't already known here? Doesn't get more Harder or fact then a "Master Track List", which is listing all the current tracks in the game (which seems pretty factual). You aren't exactly breaking ground here nor are you introducing "Reality" when quite literally a lot of people here (and on various sites and discord groups) have been asking for more tracks since release, including me. If anything, you are much closer to "Wishlist" territory with your comparison there as if to imply that somehow PD is obligated or supposed to give you all the same tracks everyone else has when that was never promised. What IS welcome here is discussing the tracks currently in GT Sport, not about how long it takes or is compared to another game .

GT Sport vs GT6

Real tracks at launch:

Bathurst
Nürburgring GP (/D still missing)
Nordschleife
Suzuka
Willow Springs Big Willow
Willow Springs Streets of Willow
Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile*(new)
Interlagos*(new)
Brands Hatch

Added:

Monza
Tsukuba
(took over 6 months, both already existed)

Still to go:

Circuit de La Sarthe
Goodwood Hill Climb
Red Bull Ring
Silverstone
Stowe
Ascari
Laguna Seca
Cote D’Azur (Monaco)
Spa-Francorchamps
Fuji
Indianapolis
Daytona
Twin Ring Motegi

Do the math...

I'd be fine if half of those tracks didn't return. Besides, I'm expecting GT Sport to be PD priority for the next three years, so the math doesn't worry me with room spare.

Has a reason been given for the lack of tracks? Is it a licencing issue?

Also why are the majority of original tracks missing? Surely a company of this size could have put 5 of these tracks together now and pushed it out as DLC. Even at £10+ I think enough people would buy it to make them worth while.

Has a reason been given for the lack of tracks? Is it a licencing issue?

Also why are the majority of original tracks missing? Surely a company of this size could have put 5 of these tracks together now and pushed it out as DLC. Even at £10+ I think enough people would buy it to make them worth while.

Remaking... just wait it done.

I'd be fine if half of those tracks didn't return. Besides, I'm expecting GT Sport to be PD priority for the next three years, so the math doesn't worry me with room spare.

Er... math not a skill? 2 new legacy real tracks in six months. Zero new fantasy tracks. 13 tracks remaining to equal GT6's real tracks (and I'm not even talking about fantasy tracks, which PD has said some of which are being worked on). I'm not sure what school you go to, but where I come from, that means this track count is not going to be equalled in over three years, and that doesn't count ONE new legacy fantasy track. All we have had from PD since launch is a few additional layouts to existing tracks (which use a large percentage of the resources from existing tracks, so a fraction of the work), Monza and Tsukuba.

The math bears out my prediction. If PD spend seemingly limited resources on even ONE fantasy track (and several have been mentioned as in the works) it puts the real track creation timeline even further out. Whether GT6 real tracks or different new real ones, the pace is likely the same, or even slower given that much of the scanning and photography has already been done at GT6's tracks.

The fact is, in the six months since GTS launch, we have had two real tracks and ZERO new fantasy tracks. Either PD's pace dramatically picks up, or the idea that GTS will ever get even CLOSE to GT6's list is simply fandom.

I think that PD is sitting on tracks/cars for release as packs of possibly paid DLC which a lot of casual fans and certainly the ones - including me - that visit this site will pay for. I mean, I bought most of the DLC for Assetto Corsa and I don't even like that game. I held out on GTS because of the online focus (not an online player) and still think the online save issue should be fixed in someway to allow for offline progression. However, after being somewhat disappointed in PCars1 & Assetto Corsa and with the addition of offline gameplay in GTS I succumbed and found I reallylike GTS. But I think PD is into GTS long-term and the tracks/cars will come. Ultimately, the track/car lists will be filled out as long as PD sticks to GTS on PS4 and doesn't try to squeeze another game in like GT5/6 on PS3. Let the next GT be for PS5.

If PD spend seemingly limited resources on even ONE fantasy track (and several have been mentioned as in the works)
The only one confirmed to be in the works is Deep Forest, as far as I know.
https://www.gtplanet.net/trial-mountain-grand-valley-deep-forest-arent-gt-sport-yet/
“We are already working on Deep Forest; we actually have the data for Deep Forest that runs on Gran Turismo Sport but it does have some problems.”
Kaz then said: "The problem that we had with some of the older tracks from previous Gran Turismo games was the scale being off in certain places. The size of the trees are very large, or the width of the curbstones, etc. There were curbstones that were wider than cars! If we want to bring that into the quality of GT Sport now, there is a lot that we have to redesign, and it is not that easy.”

The way I see it is that they will surely work on bringing more fantasy track back, but It will take a while.

Er... math not a skill? 2 new legacy real tracks in six months. Zero new fantasy tracks. 13 tracks remaining to equal GT6's real tracks (and I'm not even talking about fantasy tracks, which PD has said some of which are being worked on). I'm not sure what school you go to, but where I come from, that means this track count is not going to be equalled in over three years, and that doesn't count ONE new legacy fantasy track. All we have had from PD since launch is a few additional layouts to existing tracks (which use a large percentage of the resources from existing tracks, so a fraction of the work), Monza and Tsukuba.

Chill out with the insults. Like I said, I'd be fine if half of the real world tracks you listed won't return. Adding six or seven more real world tracks would be a possibility with room left for some original and city tracks. I wouldn't mind getting the exact track list from GT6 back but I'm not really expecting it. Also, no one said that PD won't be able to speed up the process as time goes on. Who knows, maybe we'll suddenly see two new tracks in a future update.

The game does not need to have all real life circuits for me to enjoy it. I enjoy the fantasy tracks as much as real life tracks, I think the most important thing is a large variety of tracks. I would happily pay additional funds even for fantasy tracks.

Saw this post on my intagram feed yesterday by Lucas Ordonez, does any one know what track this is or could it be a hint of something new coming our way?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180402-135451.png
    Screenshot_20180402-135451.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 170
Saw this post on my intagram feed yesterday by Lucas Ordonez, does any one know what track this is or could it be a hint of something new coming our way?

The look on his face while his in-game self is there is priceless. Full blown meta :lol:

One simply does not add Tsukuba over LeMans or Spa but hey...💡
I was thinking the same. Tsukuba may be the most boring track ever built. And they made us do 8hr races on that in the past. In a Miata no less. I’m happy to do 24hrs at La Sarthe or Nürburgring, but endurance at Tsukuba was just dumb.

Please PoDi, more real circuits. Preferably that are over 4km over one lap.

That said - Tsukuba is a real track, wich for me makes it better than any fictional track by default.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same. Tsukuba may be the most boring track ever built. And they made us do 8hr races on that in the past. In a Miata no less. I’m happy to do 24hrs at La Sarthe or Nürburgring, but endurance at Tsukuba was just dumb.

Please PoDi, more real circuits. Preferably that are over 4km over one lap.

That said - Tsukuba is a real track, wich for me makes it better than any fictional track by default.
Its only in GT due to the best Motoring Videos, I feel like Kaz is tryign to add older JDMs cars so he can re-live his best motoing 'VHS' collection. Its good having Classics but how about some of the modern Sports/Super/hyper cars,

Will we have more circuits in april?

Of course not!

Maybe West Suzuka layout at the end of April. Only!

Don't know where you get that idea from. I'm thinking since PD added Tsukuba last update, a small track, there'll have to be a main track in the works that needed a little more touching up. I'm thinking probably Circuit de la Sarthe and/or Deep Forest. West Suzuka probably won't be a layout because it's not great for longer racing and it doesn't have a pitlane.

At first I thought this might’ve been a tiny glimpse of a new track on Audi’s Instagram, but I think it’s actually Monza (kerbing gave it away)... but the angle is throwing me off a bit still. Can anyone confirm?

EB196D56-1154-41ED-9113-AE04C046CB08.png

Latest Posts

Back