Gran Turismo Sport Spec 2: does it have exclusive cars?

• Thread starter legolas119
  • 24 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi,

i want to buy GT Sport Spec, but i read that GT Sport Spec 2 has 10 exclusive cars. Is it true? Or are they available also in the regular (and cheaper) edition of GT Sport Spec?

thank you!

Hi,

i want to buy GT Sport Spec, but i read that GT Sport Spec 2 has 10 exclusive cars. Is it true? Or are they available also in the regular (and cheaper) edition of GT Sport Spec?

thank you!
Not exclusive, they give you 10 of the most popular GT3 cars to start out with, but there's nothing exclusive about them really..

ah so are they available also in the standard edition? But it is necessary to unclock them? Are you sure?

thank you!
You just need to buy them in the standard edition, in spec II they are in your garage from the start. Nothing special.

One of the biggest differences in the standard and SPEC 2 game is the spec 2 game includes all the updates through like May 2019 on the original download where the original cheaper version each download and update from day 1 of launch will have to be done before the game is ready to play taking a lot more time. To me paying a little extra not to have to do 1 1/2 years of update downloads would be worthwhile alone.

Last edited:
The cars you get in the Spec II you can also win for free in the Daily prize roulette. So you also have a chance of getting those cars for free in the standard game anyways.

So it comes down to three things:
1) if you don't mind having to go through the initial setup and download of all the updates

And

2) if you don't care for any of the specific 10 cars

And

3) if the price difference bis significantly large enough

Then go with the cheaper version...

Otherwise spec 2.

You have waited this long already... A couple of hours more of waiting won't hurt... (How much cheaper is it ?)

One of the biggest differences in the standard and SPEC 2 game is the spec 2 game includes all the updates through like May 2019 on the original download where the original cheaper version each download and update from day 1 of launch will have to be done before the game is ready to play taking a lot more time. To me paying a little extra not to have to do 1 1/2 years of update downloads would be worthwhile alone.
I think that the 1.53 update include all the prior updates. So you only have one update to download.

Only "exclusive" car I can think of, is the Toyota Gr Supra Nurburgring '19 Livery. It's a Gr.4 category car, that can only be acquired by the GR Supra Cup Survey from last month. Anyone who have bought GT Sport after November 30, 2019 can not acquire this car by any means.

Only "exclusive" car I can think of, is the Toyota Gr Supra Nurburgring '19 Livery. It's a Gr.4 category car, that can only be acquired by the GR Supra Cup Survey from last month. Anyone who have bought GT Sport after November 30, 2019 can not acquire this car by any means.
ah really?

The Spec II is actually the 1.39 version of the game, instead of the original version.
In both cases there are updates to be downloaded and installed, although significantly less in Spec II.

And no, the 1.53 update doesn't bunch the previous updates.

Also, the Spec II digital version should be a considerably larger file to download, as the physical version has actually two BD disks instead of one.

The Spec II is actually the 1.39 version of the game, instead of the original version.
In both cases there are updates to be downloaded and installed, although significantly less in Spec II.

And no, the 1.53 update doesn't bunch the previous updates.

Also, the Spec II digital version should be a considerably larger file to download, as the physical version has actually two BD disks instead of one.
well in the PSN the Spec 2 seems to have 43GB to download... and then i will add all the additional updates.
Now GT spec isn't on sale, it has the same cost of the Spec 2 that is on sale at 19.90 so for the same cost it is better to buy Spec 2 for sure :)

Buying Spec2 as a download is quite the waste of money in my opinion as you just get a few bonus cars you‘d anyway get sooner or later and a bit of money. And 10€ for that is not really a good deal in my eyes. If you get the disc version it‘s fine as you save heaps of downloads which is good for people with a slow connection.

well in the PSN the Spec 2 seems to have 43GB to download... and then i will add all the additional updates.
Now GT spec isn't on sale, it has the same cost of the Spec 2 that is on sale at 19.90 so for the same cost it is better to buy Spec 2 for sure :)
43GB is large. :boggled::dunce:

it depends on the state of internet in your country... if you're in New Zealand its no problem, if you're in Australia, its a problem.

Be that as it may, GT Sport 2017 classic edition is like $10 everywhere now.

Pretty much every Sony property that's of a particular age is ridiculously cheap like Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted stuff, Last Guardian etc.

well GT sport classic phisical edition here in italy it's at 19.90. Sometimes 14.90 but currently i don't find it anywhere at that price :(
I will look again for the phisical edition of the Standard edition. Otherwise i will download the digital edition of Spec 2 that in on sale unti 8 of Jan

Back