Gran Turismo Sport to be Playable at 2017 Tokyo Auto Salon

Position 12 of 20!!! :odd: there was me thinking it was still 16 cars on track.
It's very likely I've seen this already and forgot :lol:, we have been waiting a while :confused:
Yep.
Fairly certain every Arcade race I've seen has shown the player starting in P12 in a field of 20 cars. đź‘Ť

Position 12 of 20!!! :odd: there was me thinking it was still 16 cars on track.
It's very likely I've seen this already and forgot :lol:, we have been waiting a while :confused:

I hate these update droughts whenever a new GT is about to come out. It's just a stretched wait until they announce a Release date... And it's gone! :D

Bad news : still the same tracks. Some screens and a video of the PSVR at Willow Springs (Big Willow) with a kind lf showroom before the race.
http://tecstaff.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2017-01-13_GTSPORTinAutosalon

GT-SPORT-14-5c6fa.jpg

I begin to wonder how many tracks and locations this game will have. They never show something new. I would be surprised if the finished game arrives sometime this year and features 20 locations. I get the feeling we all will spend much time on willow springs, brands hatch etc. -_-

I begin to wonder how many tracks and locations this game will have. They never show something new. I would be surprised if the finished game arrives sometime this year and features 20 locations. I get the feeling we all will spend much time on willow springs, brands hatch etc. -_-

Indeed, I think everyone is bored of these tracks before they've even raced on them in GTS.

The website still claims:

The list below highlights six of the 19 tracks (and 27 layouts) that will be featured in Gran Turismo Sport.

I remember a few of us had a go at guessing the remaining ones a while back, but however it goes, there are going to be a lot missing from previous games.

I think it's pretty clear that they're just miles behind on track development. In the first builds we saw all of them were unfinished.

- Tokyo was bare grey everywhere with no signs of life
- Brands Hatch had bits missing
- Nurburgring had hilarious flat sheet trees and other questionable unfinished textures
- the Oval was plain looking with just white or untextured stuff
- Willow had stuff missing despite being mostly nothingness
- The dirt track had next to nothing on it in initial previews, it still looks woefully unfinished

These tracks have slowly been finished off in subsequent builds but if the 6 locations they did show off weren't finished it surely tells you a lot about the other 13. If they had some that were in a better state, and finished, they'd surely have been shown first.

EDIT: Oh and don't forget at a Chinese show before the delay the number had gone down to 15. Which suggests had the game launched in November, they knew four weren't going to be ready.

6gznQaA.jpg

My guess, with the initial 19/27:

1. Suzuka (2)
  2. Circuit de la Sarthe (1)
  3. Monza (1)
  4. Spa (1)
  5. Silverstone (2)
  6. Bathurst (1)
  7. Red Bull Ring (2)
  8. High Speed Ring (1)
  9. Grand Valley (2)
  10. Apricot Hill (1)
  11. Mid-Field (1)
  12. Tsukuba (1)
  13. Autumn Ring (2)
  14. Brands Hatch (2)
  15. Nurburgring (2)
  16. Willow Springs (2)
  17. Fisherman's Ranch (1)
  18. Northern Isle Speedway (1)
  19. Tokyo Expressway (1)
Bolded are confirmed. The problem is, either there are no more new tracks or some classics are going to disappear.

Last edited:
Just set all response options to maximum. You can Thank me later :)
Bit late for that, sold my PS3 last year ;)

When Gran Turismo Sport launches I'll keep an eye on what controller options are available.

Indeed, I think everyone is bored of these tracks before they've even raced on them in GTS.

I remember a few of us had a go at guessing the remaining ones a while back, but however it goes, there are going to be a lot missing from previous games.

I think it's pretty clear that they're just miles behind on track development. In the first builds we saw all of them were unfinished.

- Nurburgring had hilarious flat sheet trees and other questionable unfinished textures
- The dirt track had next to nothing on it in initial previews, it still looks woefully unfinished

These tracks have slowly been finished off in subsequent builds but if the 6 locations they did show off weren't finished it surely tells you a lot about the other 13. If they had some that were in a better state, and finished, they'd surely have been shown first.

EDIT: Oh and don't forget at a Chinese show before the delay the number had gone down to 15. Which suggests had the game launched in November, they knew four weren't going to be ready.

6gznQaA.jpg

1. Suzuka (2)
  3. Monza (1)
  4. Spa (1)
  5. Silverstone (2)
  6. Bathurst (1)
  7. Red Bull Ring (2)
  8. High Speed Ring (1)
  9. Grand Valley (2)
  10. Apricot Hill (1)
  11. Mid-Field (1)
  12. Tsukuba (1)
  13. Autumn Ring (2)
  14. Brands Hatch (2)
  15. Nurburgring (2)
  16. Willow Springs (2)
  19. Tokyo Expressway (1)
Bolded are confirmed. The problem is, either there are no more new tracks or some classics are going to disappear.
What is the initial number ? 21 ?
I hope there are at least 2 Rally tracks, it will be boring with only one track

Bit late for that, sold my PS3 last year ;)

When Gran Turismo Sport launches I'll keep an eye on what controller options are available.

Not sure what happened there but I didn't say that. :P

What is the initial number ? 21 ?
I hope there are at least 2 Rally tracks, it will be boring with only one track

19 locations, 27 variations/ribbons is the original number.

I though they drop the number officially ? so it s 19 or 15 ?

15 was shown/said by Kaz before the delay at some show. We don't know for sure, but it seems likely the reduction to 15 was only going to happen if they released it in November. The website has always said 19, and still does.

6gznQaA.jpg

1. Suzuka (2)
  3. Monza (1)
  4. Spa (1)
  5. Silverstone (2)
  6. Bathurst (1)
  7. Red Bull Ring (2)
  8. High Speed Ring (1)
  9. Grand Valley (2)
  10. Apricot Hill (1)
  11. Mid-Field (1)
  12. Tsukuba (1)
  13. Autumn Ring (2)
  14. Brands Hatch (2)
  15. Nurburgring (2)
  16. Willow Springs (2)
  19. Tokyo Expressway (1)
I suspect Nurburgring will be 5 layouts and Silverstone to be be 3.

About 756 time to GTPlanet says somebody play GT Sport, and again, its not normal people. Why pro driver to play this, a normal person to wait another year (maybe ten)? Is this a "verbal finger" ? :D Come on!!!

Cool so 2019 release lol.
Thanks for the links. VR looking well implemented in that vid. Maybe a PSVR is in my future after all!

Don't fall for it like i did, the VR you see on TV looks twice as bad when actually in VR.

Try it before you buy it, will let you make a honest decision.

imagine blurry game somewhere between PS2 and PS3.

Last edited:
Cool so 2019 release lol.

Don't fall for it like i did, the VR you see on TV looks twice as bad when actually in VR.

Try it before you buy it, will let you make a honest decision.

imagine blurry game somewhere between PS2 and PS3.
I own a Vive ;)

Then i hope you own one powerful as hell PC. Cause a original PS4 is just not enough for complex vr games. Driveclub was brutally bad. Not sure myself if Pro makes any decent difference.
I own a Pro too so should be best placed. I agree that hardware is currently the biggest limitation of VR. However, I can easily overlook that for the immersion that the experience gives.

I own a Pro too so should be best placed. I agree that hardware is currently the biggest limitation of VR. However, I can easily overlook that for the immersion that the experience gives.

That's the thing, the blurriness and mediocre draw distance really kills any immersion.

Still recommend you try it out first before blowing such money on a add on you may regret buying very quickly. I lucked out sold mine just before xmas.

Is it just me, or does this track look a hell of a lot nicer now? Much more life, better lighting, etc...

That's what I noticed too. Lightning seems to have gained some volumetric properties and It reflects off the buildings' windows as well. It certainly looks more Alive.

That's the thing, the blurriness and mediocre draw distance really kills any immersion.

Still recommend you try it out first before blowing such money on a add on you may regret buying very quickly. I lucked out sold mine just before xmas.

Developers could really use the Pro extra hardware for a better VR performance.

Developers could really use the Pro extra hardware for a better VR performance.
Pretty sure you need Pro for the VR in the first place. You gotta remember that the Pro is not that impressive still in terms of power. Many consider more of what the PS4/XBONE should have been at release rather than some amazing upgrade.

Basically any pre-built PC considered VR Ready is likely more than the price of a PS4PRO and PSVR combined... For building your own PC the recommended specs you are looking at $1200+.

I find it sad how the japonese video games industry struggle today. I (we?) love them but Poly with this dead track with the same flaws (camera, damage, lifeless...). Final Fantasy 15 unfinished and now the Switch...

OT.....
All I can say is Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2 and NieR Automata. Dive in and you'll see Japan is very alive :D

Back