Gran Turismo Sport Version 1.46 Now Available: New Esports-Focused Intro Video

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 296 comments
I'm picking up GRID. Especially for the TCR cars. It's cool that two (V8)Supercars are in, plus a Camaro built to those specs.

I thought, at the very least, GTS would have one (V8)Supercar by now. PD continue work in mysterious ways. As for PD's unique car roster: W08, the F1500T-A and SF19, are a surprise news of Formula E coming at some point. Someone buying the game today, will have plenty of content to get stuck into.

About Sport Mode Time Trials. Would be interesting if the scene with the Gr.B Audi, is a hint to a Gr.B Time Trial coming soon.

Still can't get over the Gr.3 cars at Spa and someone thinking Spa is in the game after buying it. :lol::sly:
I would've thought so too, but I'm not sure what the deal with the licensing is. Forza have them and Project Cars has the 2013 FG Falcon, and I don't think that either of them have exclusive rights. I don't know what's stopping them to be honest.

I would've thought so too, but I'm not sure what the deal with the licensing is. Forza have them and Project Cars has the 2013 FG Falcon, and I don't think that either of them have exclusive rights. I don't know what's stopping them to be honest.
I've mentioned several times, about Kaz saying he'll have to think carefully about what Australian cars to bring to GT. Whatever that means.

I just don't understand it. Maybe Kaz didn't even know about the GT Academy livery on the Altima. We'll see what the future holds...

The pessimistic side of me guesses that V8SC is probably low on the priority list of "racing series to add to Sport". The only ones I know of that they've really added after the game launched were Super GT (Gr.2), Formula 1 (retro and modern in the form of the F1500T-A and Hamilton's 2017 F1 Mercedes respectively) and Super Formula (both Dallara SF19 cars) but aside from that they've been a bit hesitant on expanding the list of racing series featured in the game.

20191008154915.jpg

The whole set of 996 GT3 lights comes on in the rain... So cute. :sly:

Even if there is a licensing issue, surely they could just modify cars and make their own versions? Like the Mazda Atenza Supercar or the Dodge Challenger Supercar. I would love to race them

About that licensing. iRacing must have a tone of money. The Mustang and ZB, have been modelled and should be released by end of this year or beginning of next year.
I'm sure Supercars had to come up in conversation, when they were loading the track into GT Sport. Would have made for an jnteresting series like the Dallara cars: Holden vs Ford FIA Nations Races.

Last edited:
About that licensing. iRacing must have a time of money. The Mustang and ZB, have been modelled and should be released by end of this year or beginning of next year.
I'm sure Supercars had to come up in conversation, when they were loading the track into GT Sport. Would have made for an jnteresting series like the Dallara cars: Holden vs Ford FIA Nations Races.

I feel your right but I also feel gt sport is try to be I racing on ps4 and soon ps5

Is it me or this last update changed the physics again ? the cars feels different compraring to the previous update

I don't think the updates are going to end anytime soon personally. The Porsche partnership confirmed that 917 and VGT are coming next year, they said by then end of 2020 for the VGT, so there's still certainly lots of time to add new stuff before that arrives.
I agree. Since PS4 games will be playable on PS5 makes sense to keep updating and grab future sales. I've been wondering if the PS5 is just a soup-ed up PS4 and the next GT just an upgraded Sport with new UI to look like a new game. I better not have to buy a new wheel for the PS5 though.

Last edited:
I miss the old intro.. i love that Liebestraum classic song! I hope that they will add the option to choose between the two...

New intro has got to be the most out of place thing in the series to date. I don't get why PD is chasing after that eSports clout or why should I care about any of the players shown in the World Tour montage

I agree. Since PS4 games will be playable on PS5 makes sence to keep updating and grab future sales. I've been wondering if the PS5 is just a supped up PS4 and the next GT just an upgraded Sport with new UI to look like a new game. I better not have to buy a new wheel for the PS5 though.
I doubt if the PS5 is just a supped up PS4. If anything, it should be more than that, especially since the next-generation console was said to feature ray tracing already and hopefully, it will also have improved VR capability as well. The next GT title would be a lot enjoying if it's able to use these features.

New intro has got to be the most out of place thing in the series to date. I don't get why PD is chasing after that eSports clout or why should I care about any of the players shown in the World Tour montage
Simply because the FIA asked them to, as stated in an interview before. Honestly, though, even if the FIA didn't approach them to do so in the first place, I think we still would've gotten a content-starved game at launch or at least waiting longer even for a GT title to appear on PS4. 'Cause clearly, they've had to redo everything from scratch again.

I don't mind this new intro, though. John Paesano's orchestral theme is still good. It's just that I wished for a Daiki Kasho song to replace it for the new intro, instead.

J.D
Is it me or this last update changed the physics again ? the cars feels different compraring to the previous update
I have played before and after the update, and nothing to report on the physics has change.

Sorry to say you're out by a year. 2021 is the start of the new decade.
No it’s not.

When you count with your fingers you don't say, "0 1 2 3 ....". You start at 1. Just like the Gregorian calendar we use today. The 21st century started on the first of January 2001. I remember that used to anger certain types when I used to tell them that, especially around Hogmanay 2000. :lol:
The first meter ends at 1,0 meters, not 1,1 meters.
The first day ends at midnight, not one o’clock.
The first year of your life ends when you turn one year old, not two.
The first ten years of your life ends when you turn ten years old. Not when you turn ten years and one month or elev years or however your logic runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bet is a class overhaul with new groups for the group c cars and track cars like p1 gtr
I think the spec 2 trailer hinted at that
I think with that trailer PD knows about the bad thing around GR.X and Group C cars, but maybe they are lazy for doing some changes.
They need to still learn more about those classes, maybe PC2 is a good point to begining.

I doubt if the PS5 is just a supped up PS4. If anything, it should be more than that, especially since the next-generation console was said to feature ray tracing already and hopefully, it will also have improved VR capability as well. The next GT title would be a lot enjoying if it's able to use these features.
I agree on the new features available. When I say a soup-ed up I guess I mean maybe it will run the basic same operating system with new hardware. Like a new PC can run older PC software. Maybe I can't explain it right. I only come to this conclusion since it will play PS4 games. I doubt it will have a PS5 and PS4 hardware in it. Only speculation on my part.

I agree on the new features available. When I say a soup-ed up I guess I mean maybe it will run the basic same operating system with new hardware. Like a new PC can run older PC software. Maybe I can't explain it right. I only come to this conclusion since it will play PS4 games. I doubt it will have a PS5 and PS4 hardware in it. Only speculation on my part.
The original PS3 way back then allowed for a backwards compatibility with the PS2 games, albeit without being refined.

Since the new-generation console will be much more powerful, I doubt it cannot have the capability to play two different generation of games that includes the outgoing one. But we'll see once it comes out.

Back