Gran Turismo Sport Version 1.46 Now Available: New Esports-Focused Intro Video

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 296 comments
tenor.gif

Anyway, I hope next year will be a more better year and decade for GT.

When you count with your fingers you don't say, "0 1 2 3 ....". You start at 1. Just like the Gregorian calendar we use today. The 21st century started on the first of January 2001. I remember that used to anger certain types when I used to tell them that, especially around Hogmanay 2000. :lol:

When you count with your fingers you don't say, "0 1 2 3 ....". You start at 1. Just like the Gregorian calendar we use today. The 21st century started on the first of January 2001. I remember that used to anger certain types when I used to tell them that, especially around Hogmanay 2000. :lol:
Well okay, if you think so. Believe whatever you like then, I suppose.

Sorry to say you're out by a year. 2021 is the start of the new decade.

Please explain why we use terms like the 1960s and 1970s to talk about periods of 10 years. Part of me would like to think that the 2020s begin in 2020 and not 2021.

Please explain why we use terms like the 1960s and 1970s to talk about periods of 10 years. Part of me would like to think that the 2020s begin in 2020 and not 2021.

The 1st of January 1 AD > Exactly 10 years to the day > 1st January 11 AD the 2nd decade. So decades, centuries & millennia all start 1 year later than you think.

As for asking me to explain... Popular culture? Don't know about that quirk? Does it matter?

Anyway, wasn't having a pop at you or trying to be argumentative. Just one of those things I find interesting. I've rather steered us off topic somewhat.

Well the new millenium started in 2000, not 2001... The year 2000 is not part of the 90's.

But seriously, why does it seem like this is how things are supposed to go here in this thread? By trying hard just to enforce your belief to others regarding this subjective matter and saying or suggesting that we're very wrong about our own.

We do know you also have a point there but wow, why can't we at least just try to respect each other's own views about it, eh?

Like me, I have a more traditional way of looking at it so that's why I believe the opposite of how you do and I think there's nothing wrong with that but I won't force people to believe me if they think the other way like you do. Jeez, it's just a small thing so it shouldn't matter that much. :lol:

Anyway, I hope this is already done for and that we should go back to topic now.

Last edited:
But seriously, why does it seem like this is how things are supposed to go here in this thread? By trying hard just to enforce your belief to others regarding this subjective matter and saying or suggesting that we're very wrong about our own.

We do know you also have a point there but wow, why can't we at least just try to respect each other's own views about it, eh?

Like me, I have a more traditional way of looking at it so that's why I believe the opposite of how you do and I think there's nothing wrong with that but I won't force people to believe me if they think the other way like you do. Jeez, it's just a small thing so it shouldn't matter that much. :lol:

Anyway, I hope this is already done for and that we should go back to topic now.

Don't start that crap. You were the one who posted a banal gif at me & trying to make me look a thicko...

tenor.gif

This is not subjective or a matter of belief. It is simple arithmetic. Just google "When did the new millennium start". Go on, try it.

What? That gif wasn't even meant to be taken seriously but for some reason, you just did. I think you should chill out.

Anyway, I did search about it earlier and like I said, I think it's confusing because I used to believe the one which is more traditional but I wouldn't say you're wrong.

Just that I'm not yet used to think that the new decade actually starts at 2021 but at least I know about it now.

What? That gif wasn't even meant to be taken seriously but for some reason, you just did. I think you should chill out.

Anyway, I did search about it earlier and like I said, I think it's confusing because I used to believe the one which is more traditional but I wouldn't say you're wrong.

Chill out? What does that mean in your subjective world then? Stop telling me facts when I'm wrong? That tactic won't work on me.

I'm very relaxed thank you.

Yikes people....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020s
https://www.quora.com/Do-decades-begin-in-years-ending-in-0-or-1

Quote from Quora that shows you're both right in your own way:
Officially a decade actually begins with a 1. The reasoning being that there was no 0 AD. However this is one of those cases where official doesn't matter very much because the vast majority of people consider 0 to be the start of a decade. It just makes more sense to the human brain.

Can we get back to rain drops and opening movies now? :D

Fun fact: there wasn't a year 1 either. Or indeed any other year in our current (Western) calendar before 525. Everything before that is a retcon - nobody living in the 3rd Century called it the 3rd Century* - and that process started some 150 years later still, and was based on a calculation by a monk who had no concept of a zero because that didn't arrive in Europe (from Arabic mathematics) for another 600 years after that. Basically the BC/AD "year zero" only doesn't exist because a 7th Century monk didn't think of it because he didn't know about zeroes.

There is, however, an astronomical year zero (sometimes called "Christus") between 1BC and 1AD, and a mathematical year zero. Both are marginally more relevant when it comes to counting things, as the Millennium Bug - notably occurring at 00:00 on 1/1/2000, rather than a year later - would attest, than a monk inventing dates since a purportedly magical Jew was born and filling in the gaps without a number he didn't know existed.

There is also a topic, which is at the top of the page, in large letters.

*So what did they call it, Famine? It's kinda complicated, but essentially most rulers would create a calendar or "era" based on their own accession, which would change at the new ruler's fiat. The USA still does this (read the last paragraph), based on its own creation.

Last edited:
Fun fact: there wasn't a year 1 either. Or indeed any other year in our current (Western) calendar before 525. Everything before that is a retcon - nobody living in the 3rd Century called it the 3rd Century* - and that process started some 150 years later still, and was based on a calculation by a monk who had no concept of a zero because that didn't arrive in Europe (from Arabic mathematics) for another 600 years after that. Basically the BC/AD "year zero" only doesn't exist because a 7th Century monk didn't think of it because he didn't know about zeroes.

There is, however, an astronomical year zero (sometimes called "Christus") between 1BC and 1AD, and a mathematical year zero. Both are marginally more relevant when it comes to counting things, as the Millennium Bug - notably occurring at 00:00 on 1/1/2000, rather than a year later - would attest, than a monk inventing dates since a purportedly magical Jew was born and filling in the gaps without a number he didn't know existed.

There is also a topic, which is at the top of the page, in large letters.

*So what did they call it, Famine? It's kinda complicated, but essentially most rulers would create a calendar or "era" based on their own accession, which would change at the new ruler's fiat. The USA still does this, based on its own creation.

Why did all the new rulers get a FIAT? Is that because it was the time of the Roman empire...? (Sorry couldn't resist)

And why is the Fiat 500F not in the new movie since it was added post release? (on topic :sly:).

I was already aware that there was no zero at that time, as there was also no black (since black is without colour, on the same basis as zero is without a number, there was no need to define it). Perhaps that's why people kept wondering why there is no "proper black" in the available colours in Mileage Exchange :lol:?

I don't however believe that the Gregorian calendar was named after Gregor Fisher. "I will tell you this..."

I do look forward to be driving GTS on the Spa track.

Was it a Rally Race ( i saw at least 5 cars) or was it Rally Cross we saw? Hopefully the Rally Snow tracks will arrive soon.

Hmm GTS is in a very slow development to be honest.

Ps. The new Grid could steal my interest for some time, but than GTS can update and the Championship can be finished.

I'm picking up GRID. Especially for the TCR cars. It's cool that two (V8)Supercars are in, plus a Camaro built to those specs.

I thought, at the very least, GTS would have one (V8)Supercar by now. PD continue work in mysterious ways. As for PD's unique car roster: W08, the F1500T-A and SF19, are a surprise news of Formula E coming at some point. Someone buying the game today, will have plenty of content to get stuck into.

About Sport Mode Time Trials. Would be interesting if the scene with the Gr.B Audi, is a hint to a Gr.B Time Trial coming soon.

Still can't get over the Gr.3 cars at Spa and someone thinking Spa is in the game after buying it. :lol::sly:

We need mics in lobbies. Make it optional.

Was there ever a reason given for not doing it? The FIA. I bet you a pot of gold it's their fault.

Whoops. I thought this was the general discussion thread. Hehe

We need mics in lobbies. Make it optional.

Was there ever a reason given for not doing it? The FIA. I bet you a pot of gold it's their fault.

Whoops. I thought this was the general discussion thread. Hehe

Mics in lobbies would be a blessing and a curse; yes you can communicate to other drivers much easier, but at the same time I imagine a lot of mics would be the usual suspects of kids breathing uncomfortably into the mic, some punk teenager blaring his music in the background or people yelling slurs and profanities at you because they got a penalty.

Yikes people....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020s
https://www.quora.com/Do-decades-begin-in-years-ending-in-0-or-1

Quote from Quora that shows you're both right in your own way:
Officially a decade actually begins with a 1. The reasoning being that there was no 0 AD. However this is one of those cases where official doesn't matter very much because the vast majority of people consider 0 to be the start of a decade. It just makes more sense to the human brain.
Hey, it's good you've nailed it with that one. Thanks. :D
At least now I know I'm not entirely delusional after all, especially when someone keeps on arguing about that decade matter and has to point out that what he's saying are facts each time. :lol:

Mics in lobbies would be a blessing and a curse; yes you can communicate to other drivers much easier, but at the same time I imagine a lot of mics would be the usual suspects of kids breathing uncomfortably into the mic, some punk teenager blaring his music in the background or people yelling slurs and profanities at you because they got a penalty.
I can't stand gta online because of that. I won't go near it. I'd want it to be easy to hear who you want to hear.

Back