Gran Turismo Sport Version 1.46 Now Available: New Esports-Focused Intro Video

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 296 comments
Not only in the lobbies but while also playing custom races (I havent tried single player, nor time trial) your car tends to get dirty with dirt spots on the car body mostly.

If you drive on willow springs after a couple of laps you will start to notice dust particles gets carried on the car even more so if you accidently drove offroad, and speaking of offroad yes also in rallying you can notice this.

My only semi complaint I wish it was more ala Dirt Rally style dust but oh well.

Interesting! Are there any screenshots of the dirty windows? Haven't had a chance to fire the game up, and probably won't until after the weekend.

I think the term "e-sport" is coded language for 'lack of content'...

"We're focussing on e-sport" means we're trying to normalise giving you less content for the same money as the title you paid for last gen.

The code word for lack of content is Prologue. GT Sport feels like Prologue in some ways, but it’s definitely bigger, even if the e-sport wasn’t there.

Man that's what we should have on GTSport maybe it will come on GT7 to have a better immersion in the game for the players.. To have those cinematics before and after a A-Spec race for exemple, when you get up in the car, the pre-grid with the mechanics from each side of the track and the cars going for their formation lap, the crowd on their feets.. The trophy ceremony and the champagne with the cars standing down the podium in the parc fermé..

All these kind of stuff will be so cool to have and makes GTSport or GT7 on next gen more enjoyable to play.. And yes i forgot will be cool to have SC comes out after a yellow flag or right in front of us for the formation lap..

Come on PD i know you will read this

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 03.18.37.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 03.18.37.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 03.18.52.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 03.18.52.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 03.20.40.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 03.20.40.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 03.20.51.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-10-04 à 03.20.51.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Why is a game sanctioned by the fia and that focuses on esports showing a video of a bunch of guys doing fia sanctioned esport races?

Talk about absurd.

And why are they showing liveries we can't make in the livery editor?

And what's with showing things you can't do in the game and is probably not being worked on for a future update?

Damn liars.....

Why is a game sanctioned by the fia and that focuses on esports showing a video of a bunch of guys doing fia sanctioned esport races?

Talk about absurd.

And why are they showing liveries we can't make in the livery editor?

And what's with showing things you can't do in the game and is probably not being worked on for a future update?

Damn liars.....

Those liveries are GT League AI liveries.

I've had the intro movie option turned off, since the first time I fired up the game, so once the update was done, and the game started, there was no indicator whatsoever what the update was for. Aside from the picture changing to two drivers.

Got me thinking, if anybody else had turned the intro off, but didn't frequent a forum like this or got any outside GTS info, they would be wondering what the heck that update was for.

PS, I still haven't seen the new intro. :lol:

MMX
Got me thinking, if anybody else had turned the intro off, but didn't frequent a forum like this or got any outside GTS info, they would be wondering what the heck that update was for.

The patch notes should be visible in the in-game news feed. They usually are.

Got any sources where PD say they're working on making classes out of all the one-make Group X cars? If not then assume it's never going to happen.

Interesting! Are there any screenshots of the dirty windows? Haven't had a chance to fire the game up, and probably won't until after the weekend.
Same I am currently working and usually fire up the ps4 on weekends... I think there was a thread in one of the updates showcasing dirt and dust particles carried on the car. If I find it I will post it.

Edit: So I just found the original thread which documented the undocumented change
Aaaaand I also found the original owner who noticed this change: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/12486325/

From the looks of things cars always got dirty but in this update from 2018 they have enhanced these visual changes.

Last edited:
For the love of Pete.... Hope the Michelin shod Gr.4 cars get their tyre branding added to the LE. it's been killing me for year and a half since buying the game.

MMX
I've had the intro movie option turned off, since the first time I fired up the game, so once the update was done, and the game started, there was no indicator whatsoever what the update was for. Aside from the picture changing to two drivers.

PS, I still haven't seen the new intro. :lol:

From what I've been reading this update is not a good enough reason for me to even turn that feature back on.

Just because they make advances in some areas doesnt mean the game doesnt lack content.

I think everyone would agree that GT Sport has the best lighting engine of its genre putting aside it still doesnt have an will most likely never have dynamic weather.

Sheer whataboutism I guess.

btw. you dont 'play' game engines. That's your internal business. When I play a unity game (of which there are many) I dont thank the game engine company...

Whataboutism. Ok. :rolleyes:

Looks like we better make a poll to decide does the new intro likable or not. Reading the damn long comments makes my head hurts. Sorry if I saying this but I guess it is much easier to give conclusion with poll instead. And I also not in the mood today so that is probably why...
Can people not just watch it and decide whether they like it or not! Is there a need to form factions for or against! :rolleyes:

My 2p's worth of thoughts from watching it again. Btw, they've all, since GT1, had a few watches by me and skipped or turned off to play the game quicker. ;)

Fraga and Hizal at the beginning, I would say not so subtle, but I missed it the first time. :lol:

Rally cars seem a bit more prominent than I would have expected. :confused:

The condensation on the Red Bull cars. 👍

The camera view of Spa in the replay is stunning, :bowdown: and one would hope that could make it into the game, but sadly I don't think it will. :grumpy:

New launch trailer from the official PlayStation YT channel. I can't help but notice that clip from the P1 GTR. It's being featured alongside the EF7 and Vulcan...

Soooooo does that mean the Vulcan is finally, FINALLY going to reflect its real-life factory spec and performance, and be brought over to Gr.X ?? :D:D

Dude, don't buy a PS4 just for one game. There's a ton of other good games for the console, too. :lol:

I have no problem buying a console for one game. I bought an Xbox S for Forza 7 and before that a second hand PS3 just for GT6.
And I'll probably buy one of the new consoles just because of the next Forza, GT or PC.
I do like other games, but as a casual gamer I find I'll play a game for the first week but then struggle to jump back into it at a later date.

I remember being frustrated that GT6 would show demo races that weren't in the game.

Last edited:
It means that the editor of the trailer wanted to advertize these cars in one shot, which is most likely not the same person who allocates cars to the actual classes.

Looks like someone needs a chill pill, and it's definitely not me.

I have no problem buying a console for one game. I bought an Xbox S for Forza 7 and before that a second hand PS3 just for GT6.
And I'll probably buy one of the new consoles just because of the next Forza, GT or PC.
I do like other games, but as a casual gamer I find I'll play a game for the first week but then struggle to jump back into it at a later date.
Well, I'm sure you do but what I'm trying to say here is that you can try buying another game if ever you start becoming bored of the game so that you can enjoy and max out the potential of your console. ;)

Your post seemed pretty tongue-in-cheek. At least that's how I took it.

Not intended. I'm just trying to be realistic so our expectations don't get ahead of themselves. There's always something in marketing material that doesn't reflect reality. Of course, I cannot deconfirm anything.

...That's it?? Not even BoP changes?

I mean, cool new intro and all, but meh I can't belive this intro alone took over a 1gb of my limited storage...

EDIT: Well, looks like cars get dirtier now...I appreciate that at least.

Last edited:
To be honest I'm not expecting anything from 1.46 updates since no teaser silhouettes though it might be quick fixes but anyway we just had an update in 26 September so it won't be that fast.

As for the opening to each of their own I guess.

Back