Grand valley 300k

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nobu34
  • 15 comments
  • 2,387 views
Messages
65
Been searching everywhere for the Time this race takes. Anyone know how long the race takes?
 
It took me 1 hour 51 minutes in a BMW M3 GTR Race car `01.
 
Around 2 hours and 15 minutes if you want a bit of a challenge with the AI and use a normal car. Could probably do it in an hour or so with a fast racing car.
 
My race was done after watching football on saturday. 45+15+45 minutes, about 105 total. Think they drove with the Peugeot 908 lol :)
 
I'm doing it in b spec some I'm probably going to use my minalto race car. But ya is this a good race to grind for xp or should I just keep doing dream car?
 
No the endurance events are far superior. I'm grinding the 90 laps at Laguna Seca. One of the benefits is that I can just leave them to it and do other stuff.
 
Do the mileage meters work in GT5? I know they did in GT4... Would be cool if we could actually reset the mileage meter (the one that counts current km's/miles, not the overall).
 
Thanks for the info everyone. But ya cool I guess i can grind the 300 k for a bit.
 
I haven't seen any such option.. Getting some mileage on my Peugeot now :)

Edit; Throwing in a question aswell.. Are there any great disadvantage with heavy mileage on the race cars, or would an engine and chassi restoration bring it back to factory standard?
 
I haven't seen any such option.. Getting some mileage on my Peugeot now :)

Edit; Throwing in a question aswell.. Are there any great disadvantage with heavy mileage on the race cars, or would an engine and chassi restoration bring it back to factory standard?

Nope. Higher mileage just makes them cheaper. Engine restores give you more HP, and chassis restorations don't do anything. Waste of money in GT5.
 
First time I did it with a Minolta, that took 1 hour 43 minutes. Then I did it with my Formula GT and got around 1 hour 30 minutes.
 
It 2 hours 17 minutes in a car with 200 and something BHP.
 
Nope. Higher mileage just makes them cheaper. Engine restores give you more HP, and chassis restorations don't do anything. Waste of money in GT5.

You sure on this, because it certainly made a difference in GT4. If you ran a car in an endurance, especially the 24 hour races, then the handling would get a lot worse...
 
Funny I was just going to make a new thread when I saw this one. I just started the same race and im in my ZR-1 RM. Only on my 4th lap and already lap 4 cars. Laps are taking about 1:46.200 each so this should not take all night.
 
I did it withthe Formula GT in about an hour:30. Once I got into the groove, I was running pretty consistent 1:26:xx laps with a few dips into the 1:25:xxs. Then out of the blue, lap 58 is 1:24:488.
 
B-Spec, took my 4 guys 2hr 15mins.. in the Toyota Minolta 88-cv Race Car, to be honest i didnt touch the instructions once and left it on 20% pit strategy.. still lapped everyone 6 times..
 
Back