Great FF, N/A, MR, Rally, ect... To use.

• Thread starter JanBanan
  • 449 comments
Hi guys.

I'm trying to work out the best car to use for the FF series in Profesional. I've been trying it with the Acura RS-X, but I'm having a tough time of it. Any suggestions which car to use? Money isn't a problem, and needless to stay the car will be upgraded as far as possible.

Originally posted by viper_maniac
The RSX sucks.

Thats exactly what I thought after trying to race it! Anyone else got any sugestions? What about the Beetle Cup Car? Thats FF, and can be one with the Clio Championship. Is it any good?

If I recall correctly, I managed to slam my way through that race with the Integra type R. Loaded the turbo, and other modifications, bottomed out the transmission, boosted the braking (17/21) played with the gears a bit, threw super slicks on the front, and slightly softer on the rear (even wear patterns). ASM set at 5, and TCS at 2.

I approached the game, as "I need to win" not "I need to set a record" A win is classified as finishing in first place, be it by .003 seconds or 30 seconds. So...I didn't spend that much time tweaking the cars.

With the FF cars, you really ned to learn how to kick the back end out on corners. I found that racing into the corners, braking in a straight line, then turning JUST before you let off the brakes, helped kick the rear end out a bit. This enabled me to get back on the accelerator much sooner than the AI.

It's much easier to gain time in the corners, than it is on the straights. Blah, Blah, Blah and all that stuff...

Best O' Luck.

Till later,
AO

I like the 3.2CL Type S by Acura, The Coupe Tubro Plus by FIAT, and The FTO LM Race Car.

I think I ended up using the TRD Celica (can't remember where I won it), seemed to understeer less than the Integra (although a fully turboed Integra is might big quick in a straight line).

ànother one of these threads? geeze, there's a search button for something...

Citroen Xsara WRC
New Beetle Cup Car
Honda Integra Type-R
Acura Integra Type-R
Civic Type-R
Spoon Civic Type-R
Celica SS-II (new one)
TRD Celica
FTO GP-R

any of these will do the trick, especially the Xsara. get Super Slicks and you won't have a problem...

Originally posted by PunkRock
ànother one of these threads? geeze, there's a search button for something...

Citroen Xsara WRC

any of these will do the trick, especially the Xsara. get Super Slicks and you won't have a problem...

Isn't the Xsara WRC a 4WD? I thought all the rally cars were.

No, the Xsara is front drive - the GT3 version is the F2 car from a couple of years ago (it won two tarmac WRC rallies, as I recall - that thing was fantastic, it sounded and ran like a BTCC supertourer)

Great, I assumed all rally cars in the game were fairly new, so I kind of assumed the Xsara would be a current WRC model, not an older F2. I might give that one a go then! Cheers

The Xsara is by far the best FF car, win it in one of the Rallies (forget which). You should easily win the FF championship without doing anything to it:)

:citroen: Xsara rally car is far the best FF I've driven.........

You can win it on Super Special Route 5 (Wet) :teleport:

Attachments

• xsara.jpg
    xsara.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 38
well i'm doing the Professional FF Race right now and i cant beat the Spoon Civic. I've been trying the Celica TRD, but the Civic still beats me by 6 or 7 seconds. Is the Xsara worth it cause i sold it after i won it in the rally. So should i buy it???

Well, I did it! I races the SS5 Wet Rally Series and won the Xsara, tuned it a bit, and it easily won the FF Pro races. Thanks guys for sugesting it, 'cause I wouldn't have even thought about it, as I assumed that as it was a rally car, it would be 4WD. Anyway, it was easy to win the FF races with it, I was even able to lap the 6th and 5th place cars!

streetracer780: The Xsara is definately worth it, but I reckon the Beetle cup car could be the next best, which can be won by doing the Clio race.

hey i dont know if this thread has ever been posted but,
what is the best rally car???
i like the lancia delta, and the subaru prototype... but can some one fill me in on the BEST overall rally car... (not ESCUDO)

Um, if you're talking about cars that are meant to be rallied (so, excluding road cars that can have rally tires), I would say it's a toss-up between the Subaru Prototype and the Lancer Prototype. The Subie feels more balanced, is is more controllable, but the Lancer feels lighter, though more likely to accidentally slide the tail where the hood should be. So, just pick whichever you feel more comfortable with. ;) You can win with both.

i need help on what ff to use in the pro league, i have no good ff's. and can u believe it, i won the beginner ff with a mini cooper. i dont know how though.

i'm with mustang man on that one. although, wut you should do is buy a car and test it out. if you don't like it, load your save game. try out all your options (cars in your pricerange) and see which is best for you. it may be that you'll like a 100K car with some nice upgrades better then that real expensive sweet thang :D

Back