GRID Autosport First Impressions

• Thread starter Awong124
  • 557 comments
I gave it a second chance, but....nahhh

It's with noblur mod, so cockpits looks simply unfinished...
First thing I'd do in your case is reduce wheel rotation. In the past I've found 450 degrees works nicely for Codies games, let's you hang the tail out and power slide comfortably. <I haven't tried yet myself, game is being released tomorrow in EU>

Big fix that is needed is the sound bug where you cannot hear the car at all its just ambient noise and tire scrub in online, one guy said it happened to him the other night and it happened to me earlier.

Actually, I should rephrase my response. Yes, it is possible to use 900 degree rotation, but no, you will not have any semblance of control of the car. Maybe it's better for drifting, I don't know. But for regular races it's unplayable.

I have tried it. I don't know if I replied in this thread or the other thread, but the open-wheelers (at the least the first F3 car) feels more like the F1 games, no floatiness.

If you have that off, then you're not using 900 degree rotation.
lmao yea I tried it last night,total train wreck lol

Some screens I took :)
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 19-42-25-79.png
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 19-43-22-53.png
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 19-44-04-35.png
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 19-45-45-96.png
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 19-46-50-18.png
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 19-47-46-06.png
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 19-53-46-73.png
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 20-03-39-74.png
GRIDAutosport_avx 2014-06-26 20-42-23-05.png

To those who have the game; are you pleased with the game on the PS3 regarding framerate and graphics?

To those who have the game; are you pleased with the game on the PS3 regarding framerate and graphics?

I am very pleased the way it looks. The night races are definitely the "worst" looking in quality on PS3. For the moment I only raced within the Touring discipline and I did not have any major framerate issues. When you look behind while races it happens sometimes that it skips a few frames or stutters very shortly but nothing note worthy.

Side note: I run my PS3 game on an HD Ready old Samsung TV.

I only ever seem to get full lockup followed by a spin out with ABS off. Either way, I wasn't criticising GT5/6 ABS, just stating that the implementation in Grid Autosport it different.

I'll need to try adjusting my ABS settings in GT6 in that case. :D
Yes, it's one of the very few things they made good. But you must adjust brake bias. Usually with no ABS in GT5 I drive with 3/1 , 2/1 or 1/0 brake bias. Everything more than this do cause immediate tyres lock.
Im liking Grid autosport alot however one of the worst things that i dont like about this game is the huge lack of teams to race for in single player atleast, seriously ONLY 8 TEAMS? and thats for every category too, just seems incredibly lazy if you ask me.
Absolutely agree. The same lame teams over and over again in every category.

Having played some of the drifting, it's remarkably fun. Unlike every other game with a drifting "mode" that I've tried to play (bar AC I suppose), it feels like ordinary physics with a drift tune. It drives well with a wheel, and I wasn't flailing from side to side trying to catch the car. The FFB was helping me feel it out, and I was getting good results by learning to feather the throttle in the right places and turn in and slide through the line I wanted.

I am the world's worst drifter and I started off by looping the car a couple of times, but after a ten minute practise session I felt like I was doing all right. I could link all the turns together, get reasonably sideways without feeling out of control, adjust my line a little mid-corner as needed and generally felt like I had it going on.

Then the AI knocked me out in the first round and demonstrated clearly that I was still awful. But it WAS fun, and I shall look forward to my next drift event.

Again, physics-wise it's not the best in the world. But it's definitely on the watered down sim side rather than the Ridge Racer side. There's no such thing as just hooking up a corner, planting your foot and powering through it. Skill is required.

Anyone know the exact details of the Black Edition? I can't find the liveries/sponsors online.

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/05/the-black-edition-edition/

Just come back from a great online touringcar session. Fair and clean drivers đź‘Ť Made some friends but I expect the carnage will be bigger tomorrow evening when many have the game :eek:

Just picked up my 3 staff copies (Black Edition) :):):):)

Can't wait to see some of you online this evening! Let the Racing Begin!

Just in.... 9/10 from Edge magazine :)
http://www.edge-online.com/review/grid-autosport-review/

"Codemasters has gone all out ....and created something rare: a racing game in which you actually have to race"

Last edited:
Just thought I'd warn you guys if your ever racing against Aaron Westley or Nathan Mcklane in Cat C touring car championship they will race you down right to the last lap I just had a 3 way battle for first with me managing to come out on top it was clean racing to. I'm actually enjoying this game whole lot last races of the championship and I must beat Nathan Mcklane as he's 4points ahead of me.

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/05/the-black-edition-edition/

Just picked up my 3 staff copies (Black Edition) :):):):)

Can't wait to see some of you online this evening! Let the Racing Begin!

Just in.... 9/10 from Edge magazine :)
http://www.edge-online.com/review/grid-autosport-review/

"Codemasters has gone all out ....and created something rare: a racing game in which you actually have to race"
My Black Edition (360) code hasn't worked yet and I hear Steam users are having the same issue :(

Endurance series is difficult, and i'm on medium difficulty. Unless i turn the TC and ABS on, it's kinda hard to catch up to Ravenwest duo. I only managed to get 1st place with TC and ABS off since i realize their cars are getting slower (probably their tires ?). Anyway this game is really awesome, easily 8/10 for me. If it wasn't for the blurry, unfinished cockpit, i'd give this a 9.

Now if only PD make the AI in the next GT like the one in Autosport.....

Edit : i forgot to add, i think this is a true sequel to Grid 1, not that so called "Grid 2".

Last edited:
My Black Edition (360) code hasn't worked yet and I hear Steam users are having the same issue :(

:( Have you contacted our support team? They should be able to help. Sorry.... it's not my area, so no idea how to resolve. Hope you get it fixed soon.

Just thought I'd warn you guys if your ever racing against Aaron Westley or Nathan Mcklane in Cat C touring car championship they will race you down right to the last lap I just had a 3 way battle for first with me managing to come out on top it was clean racing to. I'm actually enjoying this game whole lot last races of the championship and I must beat Nathan Mcklane as he's 4points ahead of me.

Beating Nathan McKane on Very Hard AI is quite difficult with the two starting teams.

Well, that's good news. I hope the cars don't have that pivot and turn model, ala Shift 2.
I have the habit of sliding everytime i can because i'm using a keyboard so it's almost impossible to be smooth. In this game, it's punishing me because it made my car slow so now i try to drive the car between grip and slide. Tbh, it feels fine now, no more punching the throttle like in G1 and 2, play with the brakes and now i try feathering my fingers with the keyboard to try to make the turn smooth :lol:

btw, anyone have any ideas what difficulty is the prologue race ? it was really hard and intense :eek:

Last edited:
I have the habit of sliding everytime i can because i'm using a keyboard so it's almost impossible to be smooth. In this game, it's punishing me because it made my car slow so now i try to drive the car between grip and slide. Tbh, it feels fine now, no more punching the throttle like in G1 and 2, play with the brakes and now i try feathering my fingers with the keyboard to try to make the turn smooth :lol:

btw, anyone have any ideas what difficulty is the prologue race ? it was really hard and intense :eek:

If you didn't change anything, the prologue race would have been on Medium. It's only somewhat challenging because it's only 2 laps and you start near the back. Otherwise, their pace in that race is not really anything special.

If you didn't change anything, the prologue race would have been on Medium. It's only somewhat challenging because it's only 2 laps and you start near the back. Otherwise, their pace in that race is not really anything special.
Yeah maybe it was the short laps. But i still feel the AI in the prologue somewhat more aggresive. Probably because of the faster cars there. I could've sworn there are much more bumping in the prologue than the ones after that.

So just finished the first season in the touring discipline and I gotta say - holy d*ck this game is good!

I felt more exhausted after one season of racing in Autosport than doing an hour of full excercising. And that moment when you are at the last lap, push the "look back" button and see two Ravenwest 320s right behind you going side by side and just say "****"... Priceless, I've never felt anything like it in any other racing game.

Overall, this is the best proper racing game I've ever played on my good'ol PC (and it can run the game on ultra graphics with no problem, didn't think that's possible!).

However, I do have some things that I don't like (these are the ones I remember right now):

- The cockpit is s*it. I'm sorry, but looks like the one from Grid 2. Low res, no dials and gauges working. Really bad.

- The car list. It's not bad, but it's just a bit... outdated and short. Some coll cars are missing which should've been in the game (BAC Mono, E89 Z4 GT3, Nissan R390 just to mension a few). And the existing ones could've at least been updated to the latest models (like the Camaro, Mustang, Challenger).

- Why the hell are city tracks not available at night? I loved racing in Dubai at night, and now it's gone...

- Codies are pulling a Grid 1 again with showing cars in trailers that are ready to be included in the final game, but instead will be realesed as DLC in the future (not cool).

For now, that's all. I'm still enjoying the game a lot. It will definetely keep me busy untill The Crew and GTA V come out!

P.S. The lady's voice who talks in videos and in the menu is so damn sexy! And the music is amazing, hope there will be a soundtrack released!

So just finished the first season in the touring discipline and I gotta say - holy d*ck this game is good!.............

Now THAT is the type of reaction we wanted to hear from you guys! So glad it seems to be hitting the right spot in most areas.

Remember.... we listen to you guys now..... let us know what you like and don't. You guys can help form our future games. :)

I could dance right now :D :D

- Codies are pulling a Grid 1 again with showing cars in trailers that are ready to be included in the final game, but instead will be realesed as DLC in the future (not cool).

What cars? All cars shown in trailers are cars available in the game. Not sure what you mean by this...

Last edited:

Thanks for these shots. Codies graphic fidelity has always stood out - right from the original GRID to Dirt 3 and now GA! :D

Now THAT is the type of reaction we wanted to hear from you guys! So glad it seems to be hitting the right spot in most areas.

Remember.... we listen to you guys now..... let us know what you like and don't. You guys can help form our future games. :)

I could dance right now :D :D

Well, one member used the HD expression, so you must have nailed it pretty good Codies!

Now do the Borat dance.. "I like-ah hip-a hop dancingsss".. Let's do it together!! :gtpflag:

Bro, you're playing a driving game for cryin' out loud.. get analog control!

Last edited:
:( Have you contacted our support team? They should be able to help. Sorry.... it's not my area, so no idea how to resolve. Hope you get it fixed soon
Thanks :) I'll try the code again over the weekend to see if it works, if not I'll call support on Monday đź‘Ť

looking at the classic touring car class, i was a bit disappointed when i played it. I chose the R32 Gr. A and the AI are all using the same car. I thought i want to replicate the famous touring car races on Mt. Panorama, battling againts Sierras with the GTR.

Back