Grinding For Credits

Solo: A 10 lap custom race at Dragon in a lightly tuned car on intermediate with a full field of cars nets like 50k. At 1m3x-4xs a lap, you're looking at 15+/-min. Do it clean and you'll get a hefty extra bonus of like 13k, I think? With tire wear/fuel off and no pit stops, you're probably going to start lapping cars at the very end.

Alternatively, open up a casual lobby and do a ten lapper with friends or randoms. You might not win, but you'll have fun and earn a similar pay rate.

ETA: I think also 10 laps gets you beyond the daily work out minimum so you collect a free car as well once per day.

What is the best way to grind for credits in this game so far? Or the best way to level up and earn lots of credits?

...even easier, you don't need to win, you'll get around 55k per 10mins.

- Go to Arcade mode
- choose Custom race
- choose Northern Isle Speedway
- then you take Mazda Roadster (N100)
- you make race to have 2 cars, set yourself to be second, pull all the options so you get more credits
- important is that you set to endurance and make it 10 minutes
- make an opponent to be Gr.1 and Professional level
- after that, just start the race
- for you, just drive up until start/finish, and not cross it, pull e-brake and go make coffee
- when Gr.1 AI finishes (10 min later), you just cross start/finish and viola, bling bling...

And if you wanna learn to drive good, set all to max credits, but put N300 Professional level, 20 cars with you at place 20, and take Alfa Romeo 4C (N200) on Dragons Trail racetrack... it is fun, you'll need about 5-6 laps to finish and it'll give you around 40k... if you win :)

Cheers...

- Go to Arcade mode
- choose Custom race
- you make race to have 2 cars, set yourself to be second, pull all the options so you get more credits
- for you, just drive up until start/finish, and not cross it, pull e-brake and go make coffee
- when Gr.1 AI finishes (10 min later), you just cross start/finish and viola, bling bling...

And if you wanna learn to drive good, set all to max credits, but put N300 Professional level, 20 cars with you at place 20, and take Alfa Romeo 4C (N200) on Dragons Trail racetrack... it is fun, you'll need about 5-6 laps to finish and it'll give you around 40k... if you win :)

Cheers...
This works great! I’m even getting 83,900 credits every 10 minutes because of a 150% clean race bonus. I do one round and like you say park just before the start finish line, then wait (while watching YouTube clips on my iPad). If you drive and park on the inside lane of the track that Gr.1 car won’t hit you.

The AFK credit grinds are always the best! Loved Bob in GT5/GT6, love this for GT:Sport.

How I did was Max difficulty race, (professional difficulty level, start in last place, slipstream boost off,) 10 laps, in GR. 4. If you use mileage points to upgrade your power ratio and weight ratio you can make the car lighter with more power so the race is a little easier. I was getting around 50K every 18 minutes or so. But I also wasn't racing purely for the money I was having a blast in my aston Martin

This works great! I’m even getting 83,900 credits every 10 minutes because of a 150% clean race bonus. I do one round and like you say park just before the start finish line, then wait (while watching YouTube clips on my iPad). If you drive and park on the inside lane of the track that Gr.1 car won’t hit you.

The AFK credit grinds are always the best! Loved Bob in GT5/GT6, love this for GT:Sport.
I also thanked his tip earlier and tried it. I wasn't getting the Clean Race 1.5x Multiplier every race? Only after some races.

Didn't have time to investigate but I'm pretty sure my car didn't go offroad or hit the Gr.1 opponent because I was parked for the whole time... Any ideas?

I also thanked his tip earlier and tried it. Found out about the Clean Race 1.5x Multiplier, but I wasn't getting the multiplier every race?

Didn't have time to investigate but I'm pretty sure my car didn't go offroad or hit the Gr.1 opponent because I was parked for the whole time... Any ideas?

This. Probably the system detects if you're not moving.

This. Probably the system detects if you're not moving.
Possibly.

When I got the Clean Race 1.5x Multiplier, I wasn't certainly driving for the whole time either. Maybe there's a parking time limit or something. Hard to say without trying again. I did races lasting 10, 15 and 20 minutes.

I tried driving one full lap before parking on the second lap, but that didn't help either IIRC.

Last edited:
Rubberbanding X down on the isle time trial, set and walk away. More for fuel/mile/time grinding than credits but you earn some too,

Remember the days of the daily log in bonus that was that was available in GT5. That helped a bit in accumulating credits. It was never implemented in Gt6.
Hopefully it will be brought back into GTS. I highly doubt it though.

Remember the days of the daily log in bonus that was that was available in GT5. That helped a bit in accumulating credits. It was never implemented in Gt6.
Hopefully it will be brought back into GTS. I highly doubt it though.

If they keep giving us cars (or bonuses for daily mileage goals), I'd be cool with that. Was very, very happy to see that online races with friends in lobbies resulted in fair money prizes. 30K instead of the pittance of 750 I might get running the Nurburgring in GT5/6.

- Go to Arcade mode
- choose Custom race

Cheers...

Tried the method above last night and it did not work for me. When crossed the finish line, it did nothing. Maybe I will give it another go.

You didn't complete the lap when it says FINAL LAP?...

You mean I have to actually work for this method? ha ha ha

It's working now, thanks!

I wonder if you add more minutes to this method and get even more credits. What if I add 120 minutes (2 hours) instead of 10 minutes, would I get more credits or still get the same 55k per 10 minutes? Or do a 24 hour time limit and come back to the game see how many credits you can ear.

You mean I have to actually work for this method? ha ha ha

It's working now, thanks!

I wonder if you add more minutes to this method and get even more credits. What if I add 120 minutes (2 hours) instead of 10 minutes, would I get more credits or still get the same 55k per 10 minutes? Or do a 24 hour time limit and come back to the game see how many credits you can ear.
Hehe :)

The Credit prize goes slightly worse in longer races.

You can see the prizes when setting up the custom race. There is also the 1.5x Clean Race Multiplier but I'm not sure why I haven't gotten it every time.

10min race: 61,500/10min. 369,000/60min. 2,214,000/6h.

60min race: 246,000/60min. 1,476,000/6h.

6h race: 1,470,000/6h.

Hehe :)

The Credit prize goes slightly worse in longer races.

You can see the prizes when setting up the custom race. There is also the 1.5x Clean Race Multiplier but I'm not sure why I haven't gotten it every time.

10min race: 61,500/10min. 369,000/60min. 2,214,000/6h.

60min race: 246,000/60min. 1,476,000/6h.

6h race: 1,470,000/6h.

Maybe I will stick to the 10 minutes.

Some great insight here thanks!

How about racking up mileage, anyone figure that out.

One thing to get all the credits to buy whatever car but all you have is a bunch of fancy stock cars, I need the miles to modify them! lol

Some great insight here thanks!

How about racking up mileage, anyone figure that out.

One thing to get all the credits to buy whatever car but all you have is a bunch of fancy stock cars, I need the miles to modify them! lol

For mileage grinding:

1. Set DS4 controller to use right stick for throttle and motion control.
2. Go to arcade->time trial->first oval track
3. Pick your fastest car (tomohawk works well)
4. Pick Automatic transmission
5. Rubber band right stick to the lip under R2 (make sure it is full throttle).
6. When it starts tilt controller slightly clockwise and start riding the wall.
7. Put a game case on the ground and set the controller down on the ground so that the left half is propped up on the case. This will slightly aim the car into the wall. Ideally you will get 14-16 second lap times.
8. Go do something else for a while.
9. Profit.

This is great for mileage currency and getting miles, gas used, etc for achievements. You get some credits and XP but not too much.

bankin’

Attachments

• 2461434B-8003-4B86-8FE0-C2E25193C74C.jpeg
    2461434B-8003-4B86-8FE0-C2E25193C74C.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 489
Back