Grip Bug Thread v2

• Thread starter GT_Alex74
  • 274 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So today in sport mode I was looking at the top 10 qualifying times and noticed that on a few of them that the replays for some of the the top 3 times were not viewable. It's the first time I've seen that and it made me wonder if it was because of this bug.
Did anyone else notice this?

So today in sport mode I was looking at the top 10 qualifying times and noticed that on a few of them that the replays for some of the the top 3 times were not viewable. It's the first time I've seen that and it made me wonder if it was because of this bug.
Did anyone else notice this?
At least one is intentionally cancelling the replay upload after they finish their run. I wouldn't be surprised if others are as well, even if it might be accounts that are already suspected.

At least one is intentionally cancelling the replay upload after they finish their run. I wouldn't be surprised if others are as well, even if it might be accounts that are already suspected.

I wasn't aware that you could even cancel the replay upload. But definitely answers my question. Thanks.

I've cancelled it by mistake once or twice by clicking O.

Also, some people might do it so no one sees their lines, braking points etc. If the game allows people to cancel the upload and still be on the top 10, I guess the trend will only expand. Which is bad imo. It's always good for everyone to check the top times. It makes for a more competitive game and more competitive races.

Last saturday I was playing the daily race in Brands Hatch gr3 and it really is depressing how the bug affects the player's performance.

The guy did not have a clean driving line, it was just awful to see the player miss the turns and yet to open up and win the race with an absurd difference :ouch:.

I really hope PD can solve this because it is discouraging.

Ive cancelled mine by mistake, just pressing O unintentionally...

But yesterdays race A, maybe some guys were doing it on purpose, because of the no abs thing with the lancer

Yeh, the Lancer is about a second a lap faster around Northern Isle without ABS and it was 2 seconds faster at Dragon Trail. I can confirm that it isn't a bug in the game though. 👍

Yeh, the Lancer is about a second a lap faster around Northern Isle without ABS and it was 2 seconds faster at Dragon Trail. I can confirm that it isn't a bug in the game though. 👍

What do you mean "it isn't a bug in the game"? Do you mean this is what you expect?

Along this line of discussion, previous GT's had a degree of ASM in the ABS so if you turned the ABS down, you had less intervention. In GT6, you could really feel it when ABS was off. I am driving ABS weak at the moment and find that it helps me control the car better, although you wants to be as light on braking as you would be on the throttle without TC.

Also, I was playing around with different camera views and WOW is there ever a difference in the way the cars behave. Once you go back to the bumper cam (from one of the others), it really does feel like you are driving the camera, rather than the car. It helps to envision the car behind you, following the camera rather than envisioning yourself being inside the car.

And cockpit view? WOW. I wish I could see better, but the car is WAY easier to drive in cockpit view than bumper cam. The control is far more forgiving. I am trying to get used to it. Although, I'm don't think there is a physics difference, rather, it's a difference of where you are "sitting" so to speak.

I had originally assumed you were driving from a location in the center of the car for the bumper view and it didn't quite feel right, then I realized you were actually driving from out front....I know, I might be slow in the head for not realizing that before.

Sorry for going off topic.

Yeh, the Lancer is about a second a lap faster around Northern Isle without ABS and it was 2 seconds faster at Dragon Trail. I can confirm that it isn't a bug in the game though.

I am not familiar with the exact circumstances of this "issue" but my question is that since ABS only is an aid to prevent the tires from locking up while on the brakes how does the issue of the car being "faster" on the straights by turning off a braking only aid not be considered a bug within the game even if it is only the one car that has found to be effected this way thus far?

Cannot for the life of me understand how an aid that should not affect in any way except when braking would reasonably effect the vehicles acceleration or actual top speed on the straight sections and not be a bug of some type within the game.

Jesus.. they aren't even trying to hide it anymore
15167557929921584635174.jpg

I'm that D/S there :D

Did you stay on course for that lap? ;) #JokingWithYou.

Out of curiosity though, you're a very fast individual. Why are you still Dr D?

One of them set a faster time than that at the beginning of December, they were never trying to hide it. :lol:

I'm just glad I never have to race with them lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you stay on course for that lap? ;) #JokingWithYou.

Out of curiosity though, you're a very fast individual. Why are you still Dr D?

/gotthatreference :D

Because it's a secondary account. Only made 4 races in there. The idea (if I have time) is to use it with cars I don't use in my main account, make some test runs with tire wear and fuel management and also to see the rankings in the americas. :)

I find it interesting that those top 2 times were set with the Megane, but none of the non bugged laps could reach the top 10 with it. The rest of the leaderboard was basically M4. The bug might affect FF type cars more.

Or maybe the bug somehow gives them pre BOP patch cars? So they have access to the older faster Megane.

I find it interesting that those top 2 times were set with the Megane, but none of the non bugged laps could reach the top 10 with it. The rest of the leaderboard was basically M4. The bug might affect FF type cars more.

Or maybe the bug somehow gives them pre BOP patch cars? So they have access to the older faster Megane.
A few of us were speculating that it affects FF more than it does any other drivetrain.

A few of us were speculating that it affects FF more than it does any other drivetrain.

That would make sense would it not? The grip bug basically ignores the chronic understeer usually experienced in FF cars?

Hmmm.. I wonder if that could be it, BoP not active on "bugged" cars?

I mean, no one down shifts blowing past the rev limiter, down shifts in the middle of a corner to pop the rear end out then upshift immediately after, yanks the wheel while braking and doing a 'understeer slide' into a corner and not over heating and destroying the tires, etc etc.
I wholeheartedly agree, and think this could be a discussion all of it's own...
and how about during heavy braking, while turning and downshifting... this has blown my mind and I'm still trying to force myself to do it in order to stay competitive...
Insanity... the things we are allowed to get away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back